Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Man that André Silva deal is so weird.I mean the kid has the tools to be great,and when hes on he can do everything right, pass ,shoot,dribble you name it.but hes inconsistent and has showed a complete inability to play on the wings.I mean if you want a pure striker that only plays in the last 20 meters then you can certainly do a lot worse,but holy hell 38 million is a lot of Money for a guy whos basically ~potential~ right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

gently caress Double post

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Milan already has a few wingers, he's going to play in the middle I would hope. Agreed that it's a lot of money for a prospectively good player. It doesn't matter as the team will be insolvent at the end of the season though.

Maybe that's the plan, buy all these pretty good players now and then sell them all next season after a hopeful CL qualification in some sort of proto-Juve plusvalenze scheme.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
And now it's done
https://mobile.twitter.com/acmilan/status/874284412166447104

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Jose posted:

they're going to die because of the incredibly shady deal the owners made to buy the club

What, did they make a deal with Mr. Applegate?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Supposedly some chinamen are looking transfer a whole bunch of money into Mike Ashleys fat face in exchange for one Newcastle football club.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10913733/chinese-consortium-interested-in-newcastle-united-investment

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not sure how i feel about that

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PSG will probably lose Verratti to Barcelona but on the plus side, it sounds like they just gave Thiago Motta another one-year extension!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jason Sextro posted:

PSG will probably lose Verratti to Barcelona but on the plus side, it sounds like they just gave Thiago Motta another one-year extension!

Please no

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

MrBling posted:

chinamen

Thanks Dave

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
pickford's probably going to everton

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10914137/everton-agree-30m-jordan-pickford-fee-with-sunderland

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd actually be cool with buying Morata back. I know Madrid wouldn't whanna strengthen a European rival, but he'd be such nice compliment to Higuain. Whereas Higuain is happy to slam 3 past Empoli, Morata will sneak 2 past Madrid in the last ten minutes of a game.

Give us Morata back you fascist bastards.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ranieri was going to become Nantes manager but FFF rules don't allow clubs to hire managers who're 65+

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Ranieri was going to become Nantes manager but FFF rules don't allow clubs to hire managers who're 65+

Wait what?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I'd actually be cool with buying Morata back. I know Madrid wouldn't whanna strengthen a European rival, but he'd be such nice compliment to Higuain. Whereas Higuain is happy to slam 3 past Empoli, Morata will sneak 2 past Madrid in the last ten minutes of a game.

Give us Morata back you fascist bastards.

Not happening this summer for sure, Schick is going to be the striker purchase.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Jose posted:

Wenger is always two steps ahead

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

They've done it before, on appeal - Guy Roux managed RC Lens a few years ago when he was 68, they just needed to get special approval

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

Nantes got dispensation for this rule although it seems pretty strange to have that rule in the first place. Sounds like it would go against equal treatment

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

webmeister posted:

Rooney looked totally at home playing against a bunch of retirees during Carrick's testimonial match, the pace and pressure of the match really seemed to suit him.

It still blows my mind that he's younger than Ronaldo

Yeah. And even against them he was struggling to make any impact. :negative:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

I don't think Rooney is leaving this summer tbh, and it's probably the best call for him personally. The only exception I could see would be if he got a regular playing spot on a decent/good team in a good/great league, like the Premier League or one of the top European leagues. And that doesn't seem very likely.

Going to China doesn't make much sense for Rooney. Thanks to Moyes' financial wizardry he's already one of the top paid footballers in the world. He wouldn't get much of a pay raise (if any) in China, and in exchange for that he'd have to essentially give up on ever playing for England again, uproot his family for a couple of years, live in a strange culture (I don't think Rooney is the type of person to consider this a plus) away from his extended family and play in an awful league.

If he's not going to be getting England call ups anyway, he might as well just ride the bench at United, get paid for very little work and hang around with his family / mates.

I don't think United are getting rid of him without buying out his contract or something. I honestly think he was hedging his bets on getting a good contract from Everton or some other close by club where he could get regular starts and get back into the England picture.

He should be given the full Schweinsteiger treatment if he refuses to take a pay cut in order to move somewhere. :mmmhmm:

It would never happen due to his "legend" status. :(

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

So this Douglas Costa to Juve thing is getting more press, could be true

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Can watchers of Serie A tell me their goon opinions of Salah

(who Liverpool is being extremely linked to)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

He's fast

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ospina was going to go to Fenerbahce, but now he's not.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I think he's pretty good at shooting too, though I'm sure some advanced stats will prove me wrong.

He's great imo.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He's great imo.

:agreed:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gigi Galli posted:

I think he's pretty good at shooting too, though I'm sure some advanced stats will prove me wrong.

He's great imo.

I think he's not a big fan of the jews IIRC

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Jewventus

szary
Mar 12, 2014

brocked posted:

Jewventus

Judentus rolls off the tongue better.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to see the reality show that follows Rooney in China

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think he's not a big fan of the jews IIRC

The new Ronaldo

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Bayerns Douglas Costa to Juve for ~€40m is pretty much done at this point and apparently Lyons Corentin Tolisso is on his way to Munich for a medical...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
loving lol at Juve paying 40 million for Costa

Good bit of business on our part

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
D. Costa was good whenever I saw him?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bea Nanner posted:

D. Costa was good whenever I saw him?

Then you had the good fortune of only seeing the handful of games in which he actually was good and didn't see the dozens of others where he wasn't.

He's incredibly inconsistent and has absolutely no footballing brain. Yeah, he's really fast and has a great left foot (for shooting, not for crossing or passing), but that's literally it.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
That's fair, my sample size was very small. The pessimist in me says this is clearing the way for Sanchez.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bea Nanner posted:

That's fair, my sample size was very small. The pessimist in me says this is clearing the way for Sanchez.

It doesn't look like Bayern are signing Sanchez since he's asking for astronomical wages.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Everyone should back off and respect Arsenal's god given right to drastically overpay Sanchez because they're poo poo and couldn't possibly find an adequate replacement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dunban posted:

Then you had the good fortune of only seeing the handful of games in which he actually was good and didn't see the dozens of others where he wasn't.

He's incredibly inconsistent and has absolutely no footballing brain. Yeah, he's really fast and has a great left foot (for shooting, not for crossing or passing), but that's literally it.

well juve successfully turned mandzukic into a winger i'm sure they can do the reverse with costa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Costa was good in his first half season in Munich and pretty drat mediocre after that. A pale imitation of Ribery with barely a team sense.

https://twitter.com/FCBayern/status/875028963084709889

Also Tolliso to Bayern is done and dusted.

• Locked thread