Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

God drat I've never felt so bad for a well off, comfortable elderly lady (except my actual real granny).

And I knew something was going to happen in that last scene. I thought a car crash was likely given Saul's comment about driving 60, but it still completely shook me. What an incredible shot.

I was half expecting it to cut to credits as soon as the airbag popped but I'm glad they didn't leave it as a cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jimmy's a loving scumbag for what he did to Irene. I did not expect to be siding with Chuck and against Jimmy at the outset of the season but here we go.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Steve2911 posted:

I was half expecting it to cut to credits as soon as the airbag popped but I'm glad they didn't leave it as a cliffhanger.

Same here, but now what the gently caress is Kim gonna do? :ohdear:

Also, that was one awesome rendition of "Popcorn" during the montage of Jimmy with Irene's friends.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I don't see how the car crash will ruin Kim. She's probably going to lose her oil client due to inability to close the deal in time, yes, but I don't see that he or anyone else will consider her personally at fault when the cause of it was her being in a car accident on the way to the meeting. If she needs extended time off for recovery, she might lose Mesa Verde too, but her reputation as a lawyer will remain intact.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Slashrat posted:

I don't see how the car crash will ruin Kim.

I mean this seriously, but the answer is "because Vince Gilligan" and "this is a show in the Breaking Bad universe".

They've rarely shied away from "oh, it looks bad, but it'll be ok". Sure, Walt got away with stuff all the time, but that's because overall, everything was getting worse.

Kim is a genuinely good person.

She is hosed.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
The crash reminded me of Whiplash and I can see Kim attempting to go straight to the meeting covered in blood.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I don't believe Kim is hosed. But she will see this as some kind of karmatic justice for getting Mesa Verde at Chuck's expense. She already put the pieces together in her head, but brushed them aside because things were going so well. This could cause a big rift with Jimmy and Kim, even if she takes full responsibility for the accident (which she will)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Annabel Pee posted:

The crash reminded me of Whiplash and I can see Kim attempting to go straight to the meeting covered in blood.

I'm all for the first 15 minutes of the finale being a sick drum solo.

And yeah I don't think this will gently caress Kim, but it'll make her either walk away from the law (before it literally kills her because she can't not be a workaholic) or walk away from Jimbo because her success/workload is both his fault and tainted by him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

We're like, at the halfway point of breaking bad in number of episodes right I think??

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Doubling the premiums on an entire firm because of 1 non practicing partner is dumb as gently caress sorry

Hamlin is now the good guy. I hope he beats chuck with electricity, stalls Jimmy's payment and takes back mesa Verde.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Nice cameo of the store called Crazy 8 in the first mall scene.

Also Chuck looks even more like a supervillain because of his apron. That poo poo has powers.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

hiddenmovement posted:

She seems like a real sweetheart too

Jane was a bitch, hank & gomey was way sadder hth

Jesse loved Jane and I love Jesse :colbert:

Hank and Gomey was more emotionally intense but so much is falling apart and going completely hogshit at that point that you barely even have time to be sad. Plus they both go out like total badasses which, for me at least, makes it sting a little less. Watching Jesse do desperate chest compressions on someone who we know for a fact has been dead for hours is just loving tragic.

On Breaking Bad when lovely things happen it's super easy to rationalize that "well, they got involved in hard drugs and crime so whatever they knew the risks" (notable exceptions being Brock, Spooge Jr, and Drew Sharp). Poor Irene was just listening to her lawyers' advice and trying to do right by everyone and is basically getting worked by both Jimmy AND D&M both of whom are only looking out for themselves.

It irks me that none of the pissed off old ladies thought to just say "hey, Irene, Jimmy told us you were holding out. Just take the drat settlement and we can be cool again," but maybe I don't understand old lady social mores I dunno.

drunken officeparty posted:

We're like, at the halfway point of breaking bad in number of episodes right I think??

Breaking Bad had 62 episodes, this was episode 29 for Saul so yeah pretty much.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jun 13, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Manic X posted:

Nice cameo of the store called Crazy 8 in the first mall scene.

Krazy-8 confirmed to be mall walker

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is it normal for class action suits to have one 'lead' claimant that has final say over everything? And is it normal for that person to have almost zero understanding of the case and to just do what the lawyers say?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If Mike "working" at Madrigal is supposed to be for the purpose of laundering his $200k at 10k/week over 20 weeks, isn't he going to lose a big chunk of it in taxes if it's being run as a legit job with W2 and everything?

Also, "it's like talking to Gollum" is a good line

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I bet the whole pill thing is a missdirection, and Don Salamanca gets hit by a bus or something.

Steve2911 posted:

Is it normal for class action suits to have one 'lead' claimant that has final say over everything? And is it normal for that person to have almost zero understanding of the case and to just do what the lawyers say?

I have a strong dislike for people that have the attitude of "I just leave it to other people to deal with, they must know what they're doing, they're professionals!"

She was too stupid to know she was being scammed and she's too stupid even read her own paperwork. Jimmy tricking her into settling, while a dick move, needed to be done.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Golden Bee posted:

They did(?).

No, Jimmy's just assuming it will happen after his talk with Irene. He's counting his chickens early.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Data Graham posted:

If Mike "working" at Madrigal is supposed to be for the purpose of laundering his $200k at 10k/week over 20 weeks, isn't he going to lose a big chunk of it in taxes if it's being run as a legit job with W2 and everything?

Also, "it's like talking to Gollum" is a good line

Lydia said something about how Gus is going to cover the tax stuff so Mike's money stays Mike's.

The Gollum line was great because it's 2003 and fuckin everybody loves Gollum.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

No, Jimmy's just assuming it will happen after his talk with Irene. He's counting his chickens early.

Exactly this. This could will all come crumbling down.

It's like the law of Gilligan, really. I mean, obviously Jimmy lands on his feet in some way, shape, or form, but I kind of like how we're dealing with a lot of non-BB people so we have no idea what their fates will be.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nail Rat posted:

I don't think Jimmy would tell Kim that Sandpiper was settling unless he knew that that was true, unless he's gone completely off the rails, which I don't think he has.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
I wonder what Lydia is alluding to about Gus being more than a drug dealer.

Obviously we know he's an extremely accomplished drug baron by the events of BB and she obviously sees that that's possible for him, but I wonder to what extent if any she's referring to his mysterious past in Chile.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Accretionist posted:

I just remembered that a big selling point to Mese Verde was that they'd have Kim's undivided attention.

Kim! :smith:
But wasn't it the guy from Mesa Verde that recommended Kim call the 2nd client?

:rip: Kims Eclipse. That thing was mint and I always liked seeing it. I bet it was stick. :love: Kim.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

AAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!! MY FRIENDS! MY FRIENDS ARE TURNING AGAINST ME! JIMMY YOU RAT! YOU WEREN'T USING THE SHOES TO WALK MALLS! YOU WERE WORKING MY FRIENDS UP TO GIVE ME THE OL' COLD SHOULDER!

HOW COULD YOU GIVE YOUR OWN CLIENT THE SOCIAL COLD SHOULDER JIMMY?!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cage posted:

But wasn't it the guy from Mesa Verde that recommended Kim call the 2nd client?

It was. She tried to refuse but they pushed her into it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have an old lady relative who was shunned for a while in her assisted living place becaus she broke a dumb rule. Her son had to come sit them down and have them make up like it was kindergarten. Old ladies can be bitches

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Jables88 posted:

I wonder what Lydia is alluding to about Gus being more than a drug dealer.

Obviously we know he's an extremely accomplished drug baron by the events of BB and she obviously sees that that's possible for him, but I wonder to what extent if any she's referring to his mysterious past in Chile.

Dude. KFC make like 20 billion a year. Gus probably has more chicken money than meth money.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Was Irene the Alpine Shepard Boy lady? The one with the hydrox cookies?

Mmmmmm, fuckin' hydrox cookies. Weirdest name, odd that they're just as good as (possibly better than) actual Oreos.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I don't think Jimmy would tell Kim that Sandpiper was settling unless he knew that that was true, unless he's gone completely off the rails, which I don't think he has.

Saul clearly needs some startup capital, but does he strike you as a millionaire before he gets his hooks into Walt's pie?

quote:

Was Irene the Alpine Shepard Boy lady? The one with the hydrox cookies?

No, she's the one who couldn't pay him the whole fee for the will until she got her allowance from Sandpiper (setting everything in motion there, which is why she's the lead claimant).

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 13, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ak Gara posted:

I bet the whole pill thing is a missdirection, and Don Salamanca gets hit by a bus or something.

I have a strong dislike for people that have the attitude of "I just leave it to other people to deal with, they must know what they're doing, they're professionals!"

She was too stupid to know she was being scammed and she's too stupid even read her own paperwork. Jimmy tricking her into settling, while a dick move, needed to be done.

She is an elderly woman in an assisted living facility, christ dude, I'd punch you if you talked about my grandma like that.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

Well, the wisdom behind that is, "There's only so many hours in a day"

I could spend days working out if something I have no expertise in is fair, or I could roll with someone who is trusted in their field of expertise and let them figure it out in a fraction of the time. With lawyers, I feel there is a mutual understanding that lawyers want the money as bad as the clients do, so they're sure as poo poo working to secure the legal procedure as quickly as possible, and to make themselves look as good as possible. (Not saying there aren't bad lawyers)

But even if you don't think like that, she's like 900 years old, the paperwork would probably kill her

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

When people get to an age like Irene's, they either trust everyone, or absolutely no one. Irene is a trusting soul.

Calling her stupid is pretty unfair.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nail Rat posted:

Saul clearly needs some startup capital, but does he strike you as a millionaire before he gets his hooks into Walt's pie?
Did Gus strike you as a millionaire?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did Gus strike you as a millionaire?

Yes actually, seeing as how we know from the start that he's a big kingpin. Meanwhile Saul seemed almost desperate for Walt's money.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That car wreck was amazingly shot.

Poor Kim :smith:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like how people are siding with Hamlindigo Blue after what a dickhead he was for 3 seasons just because his world is crumbling apart (lol)

Not that he didn't have any loyalties to anyone that could be considered noble. But Kim brought up a good point about him burying Chuck's condition when it was convenient to him. Watching it blow up in his face is going to be full of hilarious cringe moments

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

Doubling the premiums on an entire firm because of 1 non practicing partner is dumb as gently caress sorry

From their perspective, the whole firm kept vital information hidden from them, so they figure hey, they could be hiding other things, too. It isn't fair but thaaaat's insurance!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Spellman posted:

I like how people are siding with Hamlindigo Blue after what a dickhead he was for 3 seasons just because his world is crumbling apart (lol)

Howard was a dickhead because Chuck made him be that way.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Getting into a car crash that severe is a pretty legit reason to miss a meeting. While the client probably won't be happy, she can probably rebound pretty well with Mesa... depending on how severe the injuries are. Also depends if she claims someone cut her off or something.

Jimmy conning that old lady out of friends was hard to watch. :smith: What a bummer of an episode for literally every major character.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EatinCake posted:

Getting into a car crash that severe is a pretty legit reason to miss a meeting. While the client probably won't be happy, she can probably rebound pretty well with Mesa... depending on how severe the injuries are. Also depends if she claims someone cut her off or something.

Jimmy conning that old lady out of friends was hard to watch. :smith: What a bummer of an episode for literally every major character.

Tax man don't care about Kim's car crash. And this whole thing was to beat the tax deadline.

Kim said she was dedicating all her time to Mesa Verde, and this shows them she wasn't.

Kim is screwed unless she goes the way of Slippin' Jimmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

EatinCake posted:

What a bummer of an episode for literally every major character.

What do you mean? Mike got a cool 200k and Gus secured his distribution business. :unsmith:

• Locked thread