Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Looking forward to Overwatch on Nintendo Switch Entertainment System. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

VideoGames posted:

Metroid Prime 4: Scars and Overwatch

lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hype for Metroid + Overwatch

Also hype for Utnayan never posting in the thread again

Win win really

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gee I sure hope Utnayan can resist posting in the Switch thread now

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

weird that it's Mario, not Metroid with the x-com style game.

that toxxx is win/win for me. less bad posts or overwatch on portable are both great options

well why not fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 13, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
disgaea 5 has good gameplay but they forgot to put jokes in it

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I mean, his Toxx was the Monster Hunter thing. He lost. The stakes should be raised for some new desperately modified one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think it's safe to say there won't be Metroid 4 or Overwatch on switch. I'd be very, very, very surprised. There's been no rumblings of it (overwatch at least) at all.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

rumble in the bunghole posted:

disgaea 5 has good gameplay but they forgot to put jokes in it

Turn off your switch screen, you'll see a joke.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
oh wow lol haha thanks mate

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wendell posted:

I mean, his Toxx was the Monster Hunter thing. He lost. The stakes should be raised for some new desperately modified one.

Also he is banned from Switch threads definitely. The toxx failed. But should this magical other prediction come true, then I think it earns the right to return.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The idea that Ubisoft made something that could be fun and good with the Rabbids is honestly surprising.

Hopefully Animal Crossing gets announced (I doubt it.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

I think it's safe to say there won't be Metroid 4 or Overwatch on switch. I'd be very, very, very surprised. There's been no rumblings of it (overwatch at least) at all.

Jeff Kaplan's actually said they considered a Switch version, but the console's hardware specs are below what's necessary to make it look anywhere near as good on the PS4/XBone/PC.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

The idea that Ubisoft made something that could be fun and good with the Rabbids is honestly surprising.

Hopefully Animal Crossing gets announced (I doubt it.)

Rabbids Go Home on the Wii is dumb silly fun and well worth playing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Jeff Kaplan's actually said they considered a Switch version, but the console's hardware specs are below what's necessary to make it look anywhere near as good on the PS4/XBone/PC.

That's exactly what I suspected. Same with online play. It's such an online game, that with the current online status of the Switch, I'd be confused as to how it would work.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Also he is banned from Switch threads definitely. The toxx failed. But should this magical other prediction come true, then I think it earns the right to return.

Like there have def been rumblings of Retro returning to the fold with some redhot Metroid goodness, on top of Kaplan going "Yeah we'd love to see Overwatch on the Switch, just not sure.."

So it's possible..

It'd def be an amazing E3 for the big N if they announce both

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't believe that, I've run overwatch on lesser hardware than the Switch(an older surface pro). The real problem would be adding another code base you have to maintain. Minecraft is just about the only online service game that can support parity of a code base across as many platforms as it does. It would be too many man hours to be worth it for almost any game smaller than Minecraft.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think it's the switch's portable nature + the game always be online that's the bigger issue, honestly.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Neither are impossible, but both is pretty fuckin' outrageous to expect both of them.

Overwatch would likely have to be cut-down a bit to fit Switch from the PC / PS4 / boner versions, sadly. I love that game but it's definitely best on PC. I'd still buy it for Switch even if it meant I had two Overwatch profiles. Blizzard traditionally doesn't really 'do' E3.

Metroid / Retro is rumoured but there's been not much in the way of leaks so far. I guess we'll find out in a few short hours.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not going to make any stupid bets, but I highly doubt either Metroid or Retro will show up. I really don't expect to see Smash Brothers either.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No surpises are coming today. None.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Overwatch isn't happening. I don't know why you'd even want it on Switch. It'd be so compromised it wouldn't be worthwhile and it'd die super quick.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If there's no Samus skin for Pharah, Bowser skin for Winston, or Charles Martinet voice lines for everyone, then it'll be a bad port anyway.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

There are a lot of games I would like on my Nintendo Switch but Overwatch is not one of them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Overwatch isn't happening. However, Overwatch Tales Episode One Starring Winston, on the other hand, a single player adventure campaign... that also isn't happening.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No surpises are coming today. None.

That would be a surprise.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Warioland 5 would be great though

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

waluigi in a 100% serious shot for shot remake of GTA Vice City

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
SMB3 all stars is coming today! That's my hope.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

SMB3 all stars is coming today! That's my hope.

I'm surprised they haven't done NSMB all stars yet.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The one reason to want Overwatch on Switch is for the Nintendo-themed skins every character would get.

Otherwise, play it on your computer, with a mouse, you animal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't believe that, I've run overwatch on lesser hardware than the Switch(an older surface pro). The real problem would be adding another code base you have to maintain. Minecraft is just about the only online service game that can support parity of a code base across as many platforms as it does. It would be too many man hours to be worth it for almost any game smaller than Minecraft.

The problem isn't it a question of it working (Kaplan actually said they got it functioning during their testing to see if a Switch version was possible). The issue is that it only runs at what's relative to minimum possible settings on a PC, not at a decent bells-and-whistles level of graphical quality comparable to the other versions.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Now I know this might ruffle some feathers but I would be very happy and very appreciative if Nintendo were to offer some guidance on how to play super Mario world on the switch thank you

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mario Maker 2.0 as well please.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I don't want Overwatch on Switch unless my year's worth of cosmetic unlocks from PC will carry over

They'll have to pry my Sanzang Zenyatta and witch Mercy skins from my cold, dead hands

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I've played Overwatch at 720p, minimum settings and with render size at like 50%. On a Macbook Pro's iGPU. It's passable in that it works at 10 - 30fps. Definitely not a visual or performance experience you'd want to be selling to people.

A Switch version of it playing at 30 - 60 on medium settings would probably look fine, but it'd be an uphill battle optimising it to work nicely. Also, it's pretty unlikely they'd bother as everyone who wants to play OW has already got it and the game is shifting to maintaining it's numbers by focussing on competitive + getting the money out of their whales via skins and loot.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've been playing Overwatch on my PS4 while my PC is out of action.

I play such different characters on PS4, but I still love it :D

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Overwatch isn't happening. However, Overwatch Tales Episode One Starring Winston, on the other hand, a single player adventure campaign... that also isn't happening.

gently caress

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

The one reason to want Overwatch on Switch is for the Nintendo-themed skins every character would get.

I think this alone would be enough incentive for Blizzard to at least make a serious effort porting it.

Holy poo poo they would make so much money from boxes.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

VideoGames posted:

That's exactly what I suspected. Same with online play. It's such an online game, that with the current online status of the Switch, I'd be confused as to how it would work.

The portable part would make it an absolute train wreck. I could imagine every other match going to poo poo because one team lost a player because he/she dropped out of wifi range, now they're down 5 against 6, and in most pubbie Overwatch matches, that's a death sentence.

I started worrying myself about Splatoon 2 suffering the same kind of problem, but then I remembered matches are only like 2 minutes long, and losing in Splatoon is still fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please enjoy TellTale's "Overwatch: Stories of the Omnic War" coming to Switch in early 2018

• Locked thread