Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Y'all really should know better than to hope for sequels to games you played when you were younger by now.

On the other hand, there's the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

All new engine and graphics, same game. Hard to gently caress that up - I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

Do you not have skips in the US? Thats just how they work. Its so you can stack a few empty skips in the back and tip them out doing that when they're full. Obviously you can just load and unload thrm full, dont have to tip them out.

Yeah no, we have trucks that carry around dumpsters or dump them into the truck or both. I was just looking at those chains and thinking something was gonna go horribly wrong and it was like, nope: trash in your garden. fin

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gorilla Salad posted:

We've added an ammo counter and now you can only fire 10 arrows per day, but you can buy a Colossal Treasure Chest of Arrows to fire an additional 20 for $4.99. Colossal Chest arrow buff lasts for three hours.

Instant fast travel portals, $2.99 each; pack of 3 for $10. What a value! Save time and get straight to the colossus fight with Ancient Demonic Magic! (Ancient Demonic Fast Travel Portal Skin DLC $5.99/mo)

Avoid the tension of a grip gauge! Get the Power Glove Perk DLC for $3.99 and never slip again! Power Glove DLC cannot be removed or uninstalled once purchased.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Yeah no, we have trucks that carry around dumpsters or dump them into the truck or both. I was just looking at those chains and thinking something was gonna go horribly wrong and it was like, nope: trash in your garden. fin

Skips aren't really dumpsters, they're not for general rubbish. Usually you'll hire a skip if you're gutting a house or something, you're not supposed to put household waste in them.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Y'all really should know better than to hope for sequels to games you played when you were younger by now.

It's not going to live up to your memories of the original. You will be disappointed.

All I want in life is FF7 remake and GTA:SA remake.

With FF7 on the way, all I can say is "don't gently caress this up, don't gently caress this up" but I suspect they've forgotten what made FF7 good in the first place. It's like an entirely different Cloud in Advent Children compared to FF7.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ak Gara posted:

All I want in life is FF7 remake and GTA:SA remake.

With FF7 on the way, all I can say is "don't gently caress this up, don't gently caress this up" but I suspect they've forgotten what made FF7 good in the first place. It's like an entirely different Cloud in Advent Children compared to FF7.

I mean, its not gonna be an RPG so if that's what made FF7 good then you're not gonna be happy.

But I don't see them loving with the characters or dialogue at all. Cloud is a different Cloud in Advent Children because it takes place after ff7. That's called character development, Ak Gara!

I mean, as much character development as a massively whiney emo character like Cloud can have, anyways. But the whole point of Advent Children was Cloud is moving on from Aeris and Zack and is changing as a person.

The movie literally ends on a song called "Cloud Smiles".

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's not going to live up to your memories of the original. You will be disappointed.

Psychonauts 2 won't be terrible, but will fail to recapture the charm of 1.
Shenmue 3 will be poo poo. The old games were testament to what a dev could do with cutting edge hardware, a bold vision and no one saying 'stop, you're bankrupting us'
3 will be short and cheap and include the worst and most dated gameplay elements of the originals because someone thought that's what people are nostalgic for.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How is Shenmue even a thing to be excited for when the Yakuza series has being going on for years, outdoing everything Shenmue ever did and having the temerity to finish the story at the end of each game?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I mean, its not gonna be an RPG so if that's what made FF7 good then you're not gonna be happy.

But I don't see them loving with the characters or dialogue at all. Cloud is a different Cloud in Advent Children because it takes place after ff7. That's called character development, Ak Gara!

I mean, as much character development as a massively whiney emo character like Cloud can have, anyways. But the whole point of Advent Children was Cloud is moving on from Aeris and Zack and is changing as a person.

The movie literally ends on a song called "Cloud Smiles".

Famous emo character Cloud Strife

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Zaphod42 posted:

Aaaaaand there goes my hope and interest for it. :sigh:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Aramoro posted:

Skips aren't really dumpsters, they're not for general rubbish. Usually you'll hire a skip if you're gutting a house or something, you're not supposed to put household waste in them.

We use something like this in my region

Roll-Off

Or dumpster bags, which hold 1/3rd as much as the smallest roll-off.

MisterOblivious has a new favorite as of 11:29 on Jun 13, 2017

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Stolen from AI, peoples wrecked cars being pulled out of water because some people shouldn't own a boat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHTOm4MDSu4
And possible future freude, a goon wanting to buy a bigger motorbike he probably can't handle yet for "safety".

ilkhan posted:

Responding in here so it doesn't clutter up the picture thread.

Nope. Its a safety issue to me. Along with the 650 being what I wanted in the first place until you folks talked me out of it.

True. I realize this. I'm totally glad I started out on the 300 and not the 650. My biggest concern was freeway. Its a safety issue to me not being able to escape a dangerous situation (car rapidly approaching behind me, cars merging into my lane, etc) at freeway speeds (which is 80% of my commute). I know everyone is like "car experience means nothing" but I drive a 400HP Mustang for a reason (and that reason is not 2nd gear, fun as it is). When I hit the gas, in 6th, the thing moves. The 300 was/is a great bike to run, and I'm considering selling it and buying an older/cheaper one to turn into a track bike, but it feels dangerous to me on the freeway when turning your wrist does *nothing* and downshifting takes you basically to red line already. This bike feels far more composed and has both better responses and better brakes. I'm 100% in love with it. I'm a deliberately careful rider, no hooning around for me and atgatt always. The 650 is still a twin, I know I'm not ready for a 600.

The 650 is close enough that co-workers won't realize I changed bikes, but it looks great. Love the look and color scheme.

And yes, I've been super busy every day since I first bought it. I don't out for pleasure riding enough. I think, on this bike, that will be far more common.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3560983&perpage=40&pagenumber=216#pti14

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Sequels to Redneck Rampage were pretty good.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Gorilla Salad posted:

As great as that game is, I'm really not interested in buying it again for a third time unless they add some new things that don't mess up the game's story/atmosphere. It would be cool if they changed the temple so that you can climb up higher than the secret garden.

Queering Wheel has a new favorite as of 12:23 on Jun 13, 2017

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

RareAcumen posted:

Famous emo character Cloud Strife

He can be emo and still have a quip now and then. It's not like he's known for his quips. He still spends most of the game complaining and brooding.

I'd be more excited about a FFVI remake, but I'd actually want them to change the gameplay to modernize it. I'd still want it to be an RPG, but just with more to the system. None of this will ever happen, but a boy can dream. :sigh:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cloud isn't all that emo in the original game, it's just all the media after.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Tarantula posted:

And possible future freude, a goon wanting to buy a bigger motorbike he probably can't handle yet for "safety".

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3560983&perpage=40&pagenumber=216#pti14

Jesus that is the most far-fetched reasoning in a while that I heard.

"hey, I'm in a dangerous situation in this traffic, let's put the throttle to the max!"

I think this person has just seen waaay to many action movies.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

He can be emo and still have a quip now and then. It's not like he's known for his quips. He still spends most of the game complaining and brooding.

Possibly you're thinking of Final Fantasy VIII?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Railing Kill posted:

I think he's most well known for getting a bunch of cross dressers to make him look pretty enough to convince a fat creep he's a hooker.

The closest Cloud really gets to brooding in the original game is when he fell into the weird magic goo that put him in a coma and he remembers his whole life was a lie.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Possibly you're thinking of Final Fantasy VIII?

Maybe. Squall was definitely more broody, but I remember Cloud being a bit of a whiner too. He's still not known for much else because he's a bad character. Zidane from FFIX is the one known for being a smartass.

Nuebot posted:

I think he's most well known for getting a bunch of cross dressers to make him look pretty enough to convince a fat creep he's a hooker.

The closest Cloud really gets to brooding in the original game is when he fell into the weird magic goo that put him in a coma and he remembers his whole life was a lie.

If all of FFVII was as good as the Midgar part, I wouldn't dislike it so much.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too bad FF9 was terrible, or people might remember Zidane existed.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
FF7's not going to be an RPG? What is it then?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

RyokoTK posted:

3rd person action, with combat similar to FFXV, no ATB.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi4uDtpvl88

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

dpack_1 posted:

:negative: God loving drat it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Didn't they already remake FF7 with the same mechanics, anyway?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RyokoTK posted:

A Telltale series!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A Minecraft mod.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/HuffPostMedia/status/874460676508581888

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every now and then a major company does something right.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

dpack_1 posted:

Good, that turn based ATB poo poo is boring as gently caress and a product of the past. It was fine as kids but man, that poo poo is straight up boring and not fun.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:negative: God loving drat it

They're also releasing it in "chapters."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

So it's going to be the worst of both worlds.
drat you, Monkey's Paw. drat you to hell!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So it's going to be the worst of both worlds.
drat you, Monkey's Paw. drat you to hell!

Just replay the original. Square hasn't released a good Final Fantasy since IX and that was like 17 years ago. There's just no market for old school turn based RPGs. Unless it's Dragon Quest I guess.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

We don't actually know what they're doing with the FFVII remake anymore because they recently got rid of the third party developer they were working with and started doing the game internally and hiring for it. Also the farthest they've shown in the game is the boss fight with the Guard Scorpion. I would take whatever they've said about how it works with a grain of salt, and to also not expect it for years as they've already said not to expect it for the next three.

For reference, the third party developer was CyberConnect, who did the .hack games (an episodic RPG series on PS2) and also are trying to sell off Hitman, which the latest was an episodic game. It could be that they're scrapping the episodic nature seeing as how that's been the number 1 complaint and Hitman didn't actually sell that well.

Even if it's action based that doesn't make it not an RPG, but who knows what's going on with that anymore. Just keep in mind that they seem to have taken Nomura off of it as well, as that recent batch of updates that announced they weren't having CyberConnect help also said they're putting the lead programmer of Mobius FF (a mobile game) as the project lead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/06/13/1492515583/1497324007382/asset_2500K.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dpack_1 posted:

Oh, something better then!

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

TontoCorazon posted:

Good, that turn based ATB poo poo is boring as gently caress and a product of the past. It was fine as kids but man, that poo poo is straight up boring and not fun.

The schadenfruede is on me for actually liking turn based games, I guess :smith:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

This is a flawlessly hit ball if you are looking to confuse an infield. That's the shortstop's ball for a couple reasons, he's physically closest to the play and as the shortstop has priority over all other infielders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

The guy at :58, I was an NRA instructor for a job. He's every loving NRA instructor I've ever seen. Of course he meant to do that!