Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Should I be using Burst pots on Tilith?

Also how many Kelsus shards should we have so far if we got them all?

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If this build had another Ring of the Lucii and an Air Knife or Survival Edges or other wind element weapon, it could auto attack it's way to victory.

In completely unrelated news, I am a big dummy who loses track of Chupon's deep breaths in all the Holy triggers. I know this is possible to do, other people have reported success! I'm gonna do it, thank you for keeping your Noctis up, Dana

That Ling friend from GameFAQs lacks the self-healing ability of Noctis, but does have Survival Edges. Couldn't do Ultros, but I was able to get the good stuff for Orlandeu for the Dark Espers, got a 846 ATK Cid with a Stone Killer and Odin for the event like a big boy and everything, which I have set as my friend unit.

Trust me, the lack of second Ring of the Lucii has been haunting me a lot lately. barring a miracle, I have to wait until Garuda Raid so I can get Yda's TM+, which is 15% Evasion. That'll fix the problem as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you didn't get Tilith last time and plan to whale for her this time, know your odds! (It's not good...)

http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com/??x=7&y=0&z=0

A single pull, either a ticket or a 500 Lapis pull:

You have a 4.7% chance of getting a banner unit, there are no base 3 units. Of that 4.7%, you now have a 1.5% chance it's Tilith.

Your Tilith odds go up to 28.2% with a single 11 pull. Four 11 pulls get you to 73.4%...

Good luck!

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So you're saying, there's a chance.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I pulled a Tilith the very last day of the previous banner from the daily. Not gonna bother pulling this banner .

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The good news is that for those of us that got Maxwell the last time, we can put him up as a 100% bonus friend unit for everbody else. I plan to get the usual exclusive gear, tickets, etc, but then I'm farming 6* mats for the rest of the event.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cartoon Man posted:

The good news is that for those of us that got Maxwell the last time, we can put him up as a 100% bonus friend unit for everbody else. I plan to get the usual exclusive gear, tickets, etc, but then I'm farming 6* mats for the rest of the event.

I need this event so bad. Are there limited amounts of 6* mats? I need like 40 calamity writs just to 6* what I have available right now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ugato posted:

I need this event so bad. Are there limited amounts of 6* mats? I need like 40 calamity writs just to 6* what I have available right now.

There is a cheap stack of 20 mats for each of the six items that make up all 6* awakening materials. Then there is a "five times" more expensive stack of 300 mats. So once you get all the cheap mats, you can buy the more expensive mats and probably never hit the 300 cap for the rest of the event unless you Lapis refresh like a whale.

Make sure to do your homework and determine which of the six star mats you need. I have a million of the gems but none of the calamity writs...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Same here. I was able to cheese the Maxwell fight.

Drew two Tilliths last time, as well.

And a Karl.

Probably not gonna draw.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

By the way if youre gonna 11 draw on the current gun-maid banner, at least wait until friday when the brave frontier banner pops up . Time limited units can show up as off baner units while their own banner is also up, and might as well give those golds that dont become what you want a chance to be something else useful

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tengames posted:

By the way if youre gonna 11 draw on the current gun-maid banner, at least wait until friday when the brave frontier banner pops up . Time limited units can show up as off baner units while their own banner is also up, and might as well give those golds that dont become what you want a chance to be something else useful

drat, that's good advice. I was budgeting another 11 pull for Amelia.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Am I missing something or does the king mog rewards look bad?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Make sure to do your homework and determine which of the six star mats you need. I have a million of the gems but none of the calamity writs...

That's why me & Excel are BFFs. I keep track of what I need, what I have, and then use a simple subtraction formula to tell me what I need.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cartoon Man posted:

Maxwell has the best LB? Y/Y

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

This is an old rear end event that alim stalled for quite a long time so the rewards are comparatively horrible to see of the global exclusive ones

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Demon killer and beast killer on an accessory seems pretty worth it to me? Easily worth swapping away from a monarch ring or whatever on your physical dps on the fights they are effective in

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So if I have 10k lapis planned for 2 11 pulls, would it be a good idea to use one on this to hopefully ensure tillith, and then the second on probably ffx?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

In completely unrelated news, I am a big dummy who loses track of Chupon's deep breaths in all the Holy triggers.

IIRC, Chupon has DEF/SPR buffs whenever he takes a breath so you just need to jump away on any turn where you see those buffs on him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

So if I have 10k lapis planned for 2 11 pulls, would it be a good idea to use one on this to hopefully ensure tillith, and then the second on probably ffx?

Your odds of getting Tilith on a single 11 pull are 28.2%. That's not good...

Rikku is more important than Tilith, save both for FFX.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hagie posted:

Demonic life is a must have for tanks. Its activated any time a unit's hp is less then half and when the unit is revived at less then full hp . It has no limit of the number of times it works and even when dispelled will just go right back up the next hit under half hp so your tank can tell ultros's acid rain to gently caress right off.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I got one of each of the banner units so I'm definitely skipping rolling on this banner.

Tengames posted:

Demonic life is a must have for tanks. Its activated any time a unit's hp is less then half and when the unit is revived at less then full hp . It has no limit of the number of times it works and even when dispelled will just go right back up the next hit under half hp so your tank can tell ultros's acid rain to gently caress right off.

Eh, I don't know about that. I had one on my Cecil for a long time and really if you keep your buffs up it doesn't do much. I'll grab the accessories but I grabbed the weapons the first time this came around, so I'm mostly grabbing the Awakening mats to get Tilith and Maxwell to 6*, then stockpiling.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The accessories with Killers are definitely must haves.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm very impressed with Amelia and I'm glad I had barely enough 6* guff to get her to 100. Giving a unit a knockoff Embolden, offensive and defensive breaks, Curaja, innate dual wield, and a 10-hit AoE attack let's her cover a lot of bases. She's even got pretty good HP! I feel bad replacing Trance Terra, but I manged a 57-chain with Fohlen, Amelia, Reberta, and some friend or another, probably an Orlandau.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I got one of each of the banner units so I'm definitely skipping rolling on this banner.

Eh, I don't know about that. I had one on my Cecil for a long time and really if you keep your buffs up it doesn't do much. I'll grab the accessories but I grabbed the weapons the first time this came around, so I'm mostly grabbing the Awakening mats to get Tilith and Maxwell to 6*, then stockpiling.

Its mostly going to be useful for those bullshit bosses that dispel or get like 5 attacks before your first turn

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
gently caress. I should know by now not to bring loving Olive as a friend unit on something like this with tricky conditions. Her loving mortar killed the thing I had to kill with an esper. 100 nrg down the drain!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cartoon Man posted:

How good is Tillith? Is she really worth pulling if you have Y'shtola and DC Refia?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I used Y'shtola's wind magic on Chupon when he drew a breath and his next turn it said something like "Chupon's nose tickles" or something like that and he didn't do his attack.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Got a chain on Titan with Roberta, Amelia, Setzer, and friend Orlandu up to 42 hits. :monocle: Personal best right there.

Also I've been 6*ing like crazy thanks to the cactaurs from the raid, so it looks like I won't have the mats to upgrade both Tilith and Maxwell. Whoops!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Voodoo posted:

Got a chain on Titan with Roberta, Amelia, Setzer, and friend Orlandu up to 42 hits. :monocle: Personal best right there.

Also I've been 6*ing like crazy thanks to the cactaurs from the raid, so it looks like I won't have the mats to upgrade both Tilith and Maxwell. Whoops!

I have a horrible Holy Crystal bottleneck right now. So many units in a holding pattern at 4* because I just can't get enough holy crystals to get them over that hump.

Incidentally, if I have Noctis and Aileen(soon to have her TMR), is it worth it to finish leveling Firion with his enhancements coming this week?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Most of my JP friends are flooded with Rikku dupes, especially since she showed up on multiple banners. I'll probably go hard on Tilith since she's time limited and all.

Khisanth Magus posted:

gently caress. I should know by now not to bring loving Olive as a friend unit on something like this with tricky conditions. Her loving mortar killed the thing I had to kill with an esper. 100 nrg down the drain!

You gotta force close that poo poo!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Voodoo posted:

If you don't use Maxwell don't worry about upgrading her to 6* because she's not nearly as useful as Tilith. We're getting Maxwell's 6* so late that I'm not sure she has much use outside of gimmicks like bringing yours and a friend to try and LB spam by chaining their 33 hit Endless LBs (especially against multiple targets).

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a Setzer they can put up with Stone killer and as much hp/evasion as they can muster? I want to take a crack again at true Titan and I think multiple Setzers is my only good bet, I don't have DPS to win, but if I get lucky with double dice maybe I can pull it off.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

IF you keep your buffs up.

Tengames posted:

Its mostly going to be useful for those bullshit bosses that dispel or get like 5 attacks before your first turn

Yuuup.

Ratmtattat posted:

I used Y'shtola's wind magic on Chupon when he drew a breath and his next turn it said something like "Chupon's nose tickles" or something like that and he didn't do his attack.

Yeah, wind damage (magic or physical) seals his Snort attack and he uses Big Sneeze instead.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
Amelia is not limited time only and is put into the total pool of 4* units, right? I want her TM but was thinking of using a bunch of my tickets chasing Tilith instead. I figure if Amelia is not limited time only, I'll get her eventually.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Palleon posted:

Does anyone have a Setzer they can put up with Stone killer and as much hp/evasion as they can muster? I want to take a crack again at true Titan and I think multiple Setzers is my only good bet, I don't have DPS to win, but if I get lucky with double dice maybe I can pull it off.

Please tell me you're not using Refia/Yshtolas as healers.

Chivalry will make that a bad, bad idea.

Unless your Setzers have close to max evasion of course.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 13, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Khisanth Magus posted:

I had this problem as well. If you're paying attention and see it happen, force quit the program, restart and the boss will be at the life it started the turn with and the timer on mortar will reset.

BDawg posted:

How good is Tillith? Is she really worth pulling if you have Y'shtola and DC Refia?

You'll want her because her healing is from abilities not spells so there will be some missions or bosses that punish using white magic and she gets around that. I also maxed out Luka because it's probably going to be nice to have a backup in that situation. I think you'll only need one or the other, Tilith is still one of the top healers in JP, some people are saying she's almost necessary for upcoming content and the best healer bar-none until Ayaka. The meta is shaping up a bit differently though so you'll probably want her but it might be a Ling situation where if you have her some poo poo is a million times easier, but she's not a necessity. Apparently one of Tilith's big benefits is that she gave JP someone with AOE Raise, which we got in Ling(if you got Ling) so who's to say if she'll completely usurp Refia/Y'shtola.

Then again, it was foretold...

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 13, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Armitage posted:

Please tell me you're not using Refia/Yshtolas as healers.

Chivalry will make that a bad, bad idea.

Unless your Setzers have close to max evasion of course.

He only covered them once and survived, I just tried a run with a friend Orlandeau and did okay until Setzer was the first one landslided out and it was downhill from there.

Missed the threshold by a pixel or two of health :(

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Palleon posted:

He only covered them once and survived, I just tried a run with a friend Orlandeau and did okay until Setzer was the first one landslided out and it was downhill from there.

Missed the threshold by a pixel or two of health :(

I didn't bring Setzer in against True Titan, because my experience with him in the ELT Titan fight is usually: Tumult *Setzer covers Refia/Chizuru* tumult tumult Setzer dies.

I like his damage potential, he was huge in the Orthros/Typhon fight. I just wish Chivalry didn't go off so often though

Also I think I you force close/open the app when True Titan landslides, when the game comes back up he doesn't do it again until the next time he's supposed to do it in the fight.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only plus side to the recent healer power creep is that Tilith is now ripe for enhancements when there was no reasonable excuse to give her any since she was still easily top dog at what she does. Like I've said, in terms of throughput you cannot outdo partywide full heals and rezzes, but part of her kit is woefully obsolete

They dont need to be massively strong buffs, quality of life buffs like making her miracle heal all status effects and increasing the duration of her buffs would be great. Boosting her health with one of her passives would bring her to parity to the recent healers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Palleon posted:

I sent you a request with my main Setzer. If you want I can swap the atk/evasion materia for hp+15%, or I can swap elements if you want to use Red card for chaining.

• Locked thread