Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nope. Aside from the story triggered rain around Zora's domain/Akkala, you can always just plop a campfire down and wait it out. Or find another way around to where you want to go.

Or use Revali's Gale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Nope. Aside from the story triggered rain around Zora's domain/Akkala, you can always just plop a campfire down and wait it out. Or find another way around to where you want to go.

Or use Revali's Gale.

You can't start a campfire in the rain unless you can find shelter.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

maltesh posted:

Don't stand around.

Go out and kill things. Sufficient enemy death (or other memory overflow issues) is what triggers a Blood Moon, and you only have to get there before the Blood Moon Cinematic actually triggers.

Just run around and murder stuff, then either check with the guy at Dueling Peak stables, or watch the moon as it rises, then make your way back to the pedestal.

You don't even have to keep an eye on the moon; the timing's very forgiving. When the blood moon music starts up you'll have time to teleport to the Satori Mt shrine and glide/climb to the pedestal.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
And even after the cutscene there's a good amount of time to do what you're supposed to.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
My brother is playing this game now and he has reached zora's domain but king dorephan won't talk to him. He can enter the room, and if he targets king dorephan the command is "talk" but nothing happens when he presses a. Is there any way around this bug, or something you have to do before he will talk that he might have missed?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

My brother is playing this game now and he has reached zora's domain but king dorephan won't talk to him. He can enter the room, and if he targets king dorephan the command is "talk" but nothing happens when he presses a. Is there any way around this bug, or something you have to do before he will talk that he might have missed?

did he talk to prince Sidon on the way there?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dictator. posted:

You don't need to do that. The game has a contingency plan for if you approach that area from behind.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What are the odds they surprise release DLC pack 1 today after the Nintendo Direct?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is a shrine in jungle land where it won't stop raining until you beat the shrine as well.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

maltesh posted:

Don't stand around.

Go out and kill things. Sufficient enemy death (or other memory overflow issues) is what triggers a Blood Moon, and you only have to get there before the Blood Moon Cinematic actually triggers.

Just run around and murder stuff, then either check with the guy at Dueling Peak stables, or watch the moon as it rises, then make your way back to the pedestal.

The timing is even more forgiving than that. I didn't notice it was a Blood Moon until I saw the particle effects (around 11:50) when I had to do that Shrine. I immediately teleported to the Shrine on Mount Satori and the cinematic triggered while I was gliding over to the plinth. I was still able to strip down to my skivvies and activate the Shrine.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

What are the odds they surprise release DLC pack 1 today after the Nintendo Direct?
I am generally hoping for this, but I'm assuming the worst, that they'll announce it for mid August.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just completed it and have the star file save now, could I start a new game without fear of overwriting it if desired?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Just make a new profile. While you can make a new game, you won't be able to manually save without overwriting it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Reinanigans posted:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

June 30 is the first DLC. Hard mode seems to both increase enemy health (or decrease weapon damage) and intelligence, as there were Bokoblins flying on a raft with octoballoons. Also spotted a gold Lynel. :getin: Master Sword quest looks a bit like Eventide, but with multiple regions.

Second DLC deals with the Champions (and Champion Amiibos are coming out sometime) and will be released Holiday 2017.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Trial of the Sword does look like a really extended Eventide, which is really cool. Outside of revealing the name of the 2nd DLC pack, not a whole lot else was shown. I must assume you'll control the Champions or they'll fight alongside you.

The Gold Lynel may be representative of a new "gold" class of enemies in hard mode.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Has there been any indication as to whether or not hard mode requires a new game? I'm really early in my Switch version run and I'll just stop if you can't toggle it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

mastajake posted:

Hard mode seems to both increase enemy health (or decrease weapon damage) and intelligence, as there were Bokoblins flying on a raft with octoballoons.

All enemies are "promoted" in hard mode, so every red Bokoblin becomes blue, every blue becomes black, and hopefully they'll introduce one or two new harder/smarter versions of each enemy on top of that..

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Earwicker posted:

All enemies are "promoted" in hard mode, so every red Bokoblin becomes blue, every blue becomes black, and hopefully they'll introduce one or two new harder/smarter versions of each enemy on top of that..

The end of the trailer showed a gold Lynel, so it's pretty much confirmed that there's a level beyond. Presumably it's for every enemy type.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Earwicker posted:

Their health also regenerates.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1GakpHZFpg

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Dictator. posted:

He did, and reach zoras domain is completed in his adventure log.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I'm not quite clear on the point of the korok mask but a lot of the new armor looks cool

Hero's Path and Master Mode both look sweet. Trial of the Sword just looks like a combo of divine beast dungeon and that one island where when you show up they take all your weapons and armor away and have to play survivor.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Earwicker posted:

I'm not quite clear on the point of the korok mask but a lot of the new armor looks cool

It makes a noise when you're near a Korok puzzle.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does the WiiU version get the Switch tshirt or whatever it is from the dlc?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

GobiasIndustries posted:

Does the WiiU version get the Switch tshirt or whatever it is from the dlc?

Yep; the two versions are completely identical, other than docked Switch outputting at 1080p.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

Yep; the two versions are completely identical, other than docked Switch outputting at 1080p.

ok good cuz otherwise I wouldn't have bought it :colbert:

I really wish there were a way to have multiple save files on one profile, since I really don't want to blow up my main save file for hard mode, but it looks like that's what's gonna happen.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

GobiasIndustries posted:

ok good cuz otherwise I wouldn't have bought it :colbert:

I really wish there were a way to have multiple save files on one profile, since I really don't want to blow up my main save file for hard mode, but it looks like that's what's gonna happen.

Just make a second profile.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that was like less than nothing they gave us on the second DLC

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Augus posted:

that was like less than nothing they gave us on the second DLC

Title is something

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
New Falco Amiibo too.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Is this still a good game, now that release hype has died down? I can finally afford to grab it, and want to make sure.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's still a great game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Is this still a good game, now that release hype has died down? I can finally afford to grab it, and want to make sure.

It's still amazing.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dimo ArKacho posted:

It is overall great. I have a few quibbles with the dungeons but overall it is a breath of fresh air for the series

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I bought it late, so I might still be hyped... but it's the best 3D Zelda. And it's close, but it's not that close.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Three months later and I'm still playing it regularly and might even consider it my favorite game ever.

The hype is real.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dimo ArKacho posted:

It's not quite my 'favorite' game (because I'd factor nostalgia into that) but it's definitely the best game I've played in at least a decade and probably longer than that. It really does 'open world' better than any other game I've played.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's not quite my 'favorite' game (because I'd factor nostalgia into that) but it's definitely the best game I've played in at least a decade and probably longer than that. It really does 'open world' better than any other game I've played.

Yeah, I told my brother it's the best game I've played in about 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I'm going to say it: this game is better now than Ocarina was even in its day.