Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'd classify it as "highly usual" to have such contacts, and "completely expected" if Trump blew off protocol and paperwork. In fact, that's why people like him.

Yes, blowing off espionage concerns is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Why do you want to protect Putin's image so bad?

Because I don't give a poo poo about him while I give infinite shits about our spooks power grabbing and bullshitting their way to being our praetorian guard.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

What did Russia do and how was Trump connected to it

hey spunk i'm still here, i'll help you understand :)

World War Mammories posted:

okay, again. the charges are that Trump has deep business dealings in Russia, which has been established many times (eg don jr saying so directly in... '08 I think). accepting foreign money for campaigns is illegal, and accepting foreign money as a government official is not only illegal but explicitly forbidden in the emoluments clause of the United States Constitution. since the Trump family still runs the Trump Organization, which does things like charge the Secret Service for the golf carts at Mar-a-Lago and security for Don's spawn doing business in foreign countries, trump's presidency has been breaking the law of the land since january 20th. even disregarding Russia entirely, this in and of itself is a constitutional crisis.

moreover, in Russia, the mob and the state are basically synonymous, because Putin is (among other things) a kleptocrat, so following the money could lead to even deeper, more nefarious connections - but we can't know, because of the admin's refusal to release trump's and the trump org's financial information. in addition, Every Goddamn Day someone else in the trump circle is somehow involved with a russian government official and/or filthy rich guy (carter page, paul manafort, roger stone, jared kushner, jeff sessions...), giving credence to suspicion. this suspicion is further emphasized by our simpleton president firing the director of the FBI (not requesting his resignation, despite your efforts to conflate the two), literally one day after the deputy attorney general he fired (who warned him about michael flynn, though he ignored it) testified to an intelligence committee, especially since he tweeted messages beforehand and after that demonstrated fear and possible intimidation (which, though small potatoes compared to the rest of this stuff, is also illegal). then yesterday he freely admitted in the interview with Lester Holt that the WH narrative of "recommended by Rosenstein" was irrelevant, and he was going to fire the FBI director anyway, because "this Trump and Russia thing is a fake story." meanwhile, jeff sessions - who, you may recall, recused himself from the russia investigation - is given the responsibility of interviewing for the FBI director's replacement.

thus, among many other things, the trump admin is prima facie engaged in obstruction of justice, which it has freely admitted (ref Sarah Huckabee Sanders' press conference the other day, in which the admin states it wants to end the Russia investigation as quickly as possible). and in washington, it's not the crime, it's the coverup.

e: man, even in all these tedious words I only alluded to michael flynn talking sanctions and didn't even mention kislyak, either in general or how the WH tried to hide that he was in the oval office the other day. sheesh there's so much of this poo poo

apologies for not updating this in the past month, but since you're still not comprehending this i don't want to overwhelm you. the hot chatter is that trump is considering firing mueller though, which might be even funnier than anything else we've seen so far, basically the Nixon Speedrun joke writ large

there is no evidence I'm aware of that vote tallies were changed, especially given Jill Stein's grifting adventure, which is why I personally have avoided such a claim despite Bad Hillarymen hoping otherwise; Denald J Trimp won the predisency fair and square. And yet simultaneously he and his admin are still doing illegal poo poo that merits impeachment, crazy

e:

SickZip posted:

Because I don't give a poo poo about him while I give infinite shits about our spooks power grabbing and bullshitting their way to being our praetorian guard.

this is minor in the scheme of things, but the line about praetorian guards is pretty funny given how trump is still using a private security force

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 13, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Here is a conspiracy worth believing:

the piss tape

it's real

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

hey spunk i'm still here, i'll help you understand :)

I already cut through your stupid word salad before, its a bunch of gibberish with no substance

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I see the Russia hysteria has not subsided one bit despite a lack of any meaningful evidence that wasn't handed down to us from the master's table.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Ask your caretaker to help you Google Michael Flynn for a start

I did and it said he was fired!?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I already cut through your stupid word salad before, its a bunch of gibberish with no substance

oh no i must've missed it! please share it again

^^^ c'mon man we've been hearing about trump trying to get flynn back into his admin and "hoping" that the FBI would drop its case on him for months

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

I did and it said he was fired!?

After Trump defended him, and then tried to get Comey to drop his investigation of him, but nope! Nothing untoward here

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

I see the Russia hysteria has not subsided

What hysteria exactly? Can you give me examples of it?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

oh no i must've missed it! please share it again

^^^ c'mon man we've been hearing about trump trying to get flynn back into his admin and "hoping" that the FBI would drop its case on him for months

You're loving talking about charging for golf carts as a constitutional crises lmao, you're like a suburban dad with Obama

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Trump hosts foreign dignitaries at his hotels, this is treason" - this is the kind of dumb poo poo you're saying

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"Trump hosts foreign dignitaries at his hotels, this is treason" - this is the kind of dumb poo poo you're saying

It's not treason and no one said that, but it absolutely is inapprorpriate

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Guys I have a way to put aside our differences:

We need to get together and film a fake piss-tape and release it to CNN. I'll provide the piss.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Trump and co are basically sucking Russia's dick. They are giving them everything they want without anything in return, they favor russian companies and right now they are abolishing the sanctions against russia.

But it's fine, there is no conspiracy, who cares literally everyone around Trump is connected to Russians, Russia is our friend, they give Trump money and that's good, we should let them do whatever they want.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're loving talking about charging for golf carts as a constitutional crises lmao, you're like a suburban dad with Obama

you read the first paragraph and then skipped the rest again holy fuckin' lmao

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

Trump and co are basically sucking Russia's dick. They are giving them everything they want without anything in return, they favor russian companies and right now they are abolishing the sanctions against russia.

But it's fine, there is no conspiracy, who cares literally everyone around Trump is connected to Russians, Russia is our friend, they give Trump money and that's good, we should let them do whatever they want.

Dude you either favor one country or another, that's politics.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

you read the first paragraph and then skipped the rest again holy fuckin' lmao

The second paragraph is dumber than the first, it's just a bunch of blah blah blah

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

What is Hillary's status? Fine?

Hillary's status is literally no one gives a poo poo except Trump supporters. She could practically cease to exist altogether if the right would shut up about her.

Hint: the right should not shut up about her so that she runs, and loses, again

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Dude you either favor one country or another, that's politics.

America first!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The second paragraph is dumber than the first, it's just a bunch of blah blah blah

this is weak as gently caress, good gravy

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Bholder posted:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

quote:

moreover, in Russia, the mob and the state are basically synonymous, because Putin is (among other things) a kleptocrat, so following the money could lead to even deeper, more nefarious connections - but we can't know, because of the admin's refusal to release trump's and the trump org's financial information. in addition, Every Goddamn Day someone else in the trump circle is somehow involved with a russian government official and/or filthy rich guy (carter page, paul manafort, roger stone, jared kushner, jeff sessions...), giving credence to suspicion. this suspicion is further emphasized by our simpleton president firing the director of the FBI (not requesting his resignation, despite your efforts to conflate the two), literally one day after the deputy attorney general he fired (who warned him about michael flynn, though he ignored it) testified to an intelligence committee, especially since he tweeted messages beforehand and after that demonstrated fear and possible intimidation (which, though small potatoes compared to the rest of this stuff, is also illegal). then yesterday he freely admitted in the interview with Lester Holt that the WH narrative of "recommended by Rosenstein" was irrelevant, and he was going to fire the FBI director anyway, because "this Trump and Russia thing is a fake story." meanwhile, jeff sessions - who, you may recall, recused himself from the russia investigation - is given the responsibility of interviewing for the FBI director's replacement.

A whole lot of nothing

ILLEGAL TWEETS GOLF CARTS

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

What hysteria exactly? Can you give me examples of it?

This thread, for starters. That Bloomberg article you posted, as a first course, the light-on-evidence NSA leak as the main course, deez nuts for dessert.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

This thread, for starters. That Bloomberg article you posted, as a first course, the light-on-evidence NSA leak as the main course, deez nuts for dessert.

All I see in this thread is trolls pretending to not understand the meaning of words and people falling for it.

You'll have to be more specific. I still don't see any hysteria :confused:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

All I see in this thread is trolls pretending to not understand the meaning of words and people falling for it.

You'll have to be more specific. I still don't see any hysteria :confused:

Now, youre just playing stupid, which is a very natural role for you

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Hysteria, what hysteria"

*Ignores 17 billion news articles and congressional hearings *

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Everyone please stop letting Spunky deter you from laughing at him for being a legit 9/11 truther that listens to Alex Jones religiously because holy lol

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

fair point but this summarizes my view

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Everyone please stop letting Spunky deter you from laughing at him for being a legit 9/11 truther that listens to Alex Jones religiously because holy lol

:shrug: There's a 3 year university study into WTC 7. I don't know what to tell you. The official explanation was like a D+ paper written the night before

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

:shrug: There's a 3 year university study into WTC 7. I don't know what to tell you. The official explanation was like a D+ paper written the night before

:shrug: there are hundreds of scientists who have done hundreds of studies that all agree climate change is real and man made I don't know what to tell you or your responsible adult

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The official NIST report was so bad a high school teacher made them change it lmao

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The official NIST report was so bad a high school teacher made them change it lmao

Let's play your game. Tell me your exact theory of what actually happened

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"Hysteria, what hysteria"

*Ignores 17 billion news articles and congressional hearings *

Are you feeling well? You sound a bit hysterical

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

fair point but this summarizes my view

If only you lot could be so relaxed itt when faced with dissenting opinions.

Instead you insist on attempting massive dunks and somehow get yourselves entwined in the hoop

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

A whole lot of nothing

ILLEGAL TWEETS GOLF CARTS

lmao dude your position is literally that investigations can't be called unless the evidence is all already gathered

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

Saudi Arabia did 9/11, the u.s was complicit and still is in their crimes against humanity (see: yemen, qatar et all) You can mock the alex jones followers but if your thoughts are 'whatever it was just some mooks from pakistan' you're worse off then they are.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Let's play your game. Tell me your exact theory of what actually happened

Explosives had to be used on building 7, fire could not be enough to implode a skyscraper

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Explosives had to be used on building 7, fire could not be enough to implode a skyscraper

And the completely inept government that can't do anything moved enough explosives and people to plant them in and no one noticed or filmed it?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zajajaja posted:

Saudi Arabia did 9/11, the u.s was complicit and still is in their crimes against humanity (see: yemen, qatar et all) You can mock the alex jones followers but if your thoughts are 'whatever it was just some mooks from pakistan' you're worse off then they are.

Trump should travel ban saudis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

And the completely inept government that can't do anything moved enough explosives and people to plant them in and no one noticed or filmed it?

US intelligence is capable of overthrowing foreign governments and has done so many times

• Locked thread