Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Policenaut posted:

Uncharted Lost Legacy is a product being sold in stores and it's a stand-alone product.

Everything about the trailer read like "Naughty Dog really wanted to make a Tomb Raider" and I'm okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Macarius Wrench posted:

We are getting into semantics here but from what I've seen the new crash is more of a remaster than a remake. It looks like they've jazzed up the visuals and thats it. A remake says to me that it's being totally redone from scratch ala the ff7 remake, but again its just a definition.

True, though REmake was a... well, y'know, and while it had a bit of extra content and minor extra mechanics like the defense weapons and the Crimson Heads, it was mostly the original game with the same tank gameplay and better graphics. Crash is being super-faithful in the gameplay department for sure, but the game was redone from the ground up. To be very technical, 're-mastering' means to take the original recording, or 'master', of something like a song, and clean it up. Crash is more like the same band singing the same song in the same way but 20 years later and using better recording equipment.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Everything about the trailer read like "Naughty Dog really wanted to make a Tomb Raider" and I'm okay with that.

Yeah, I jumped on the Uncharted train super late. Just picked up 4 on the PSN sale, so I'm excited to play it before the new game comes out. Thus far, this has been a great year for games with interesting female protagonists for me.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Macarius Wrench posted:

We are getting into semantics here but from what I've seen the new crash is more of a remaster than a remake. It looks like they've jazzed up the visuals and thats it. A remake says to me that it's being totally redone from scratch ala the ff7 remake, but again its just a definition.

In that case, SotC looks like a remake.

I have never played Skyrim. Not sure if I should get it for Switch or PSVR :homebrew:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
So looks like the new Assassin's Creed is basically a Far Cry game now??

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

the truth posted:

In that case, SotC looks like a remake.

I have never played Skyrim. Not sure if I should get it for Switch or PSVR :homebrew:

Steam sales coming up, you could probably grab a copy for a fiver.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I assume it's taking more pages out of mgsv's playbook than anything

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Macarius Wrench posted:

I only have one of those MacBooks from last year that is as thin as a pencil. Never tried playing games on it since I use it for work and video editing.

The portability of a switch (with the controller) or the novelty of VR will be what finally gets me to play it. The controls for the VR version will play a big role in my decision.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

the truth posted:

I only have one of those MacBooks from last year that is as thin as a pencil. Never tried playing games on it since I use it for work and idea editing.

Probably plays Skyrim fine honestly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skyrim is pretty boring these days. It’s a 2011 game and is definitely on the lower end of Bethesda games

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Skyrim is pretty boring these days. It’s a 2011 game and is definitely on the lower end of Bethesda games

Wrong

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

the truth posted:

I only have one of those MacBooks from last year that is as thin as a pencil. Never tried playing games on it since I use it for work and video editing.

The portability of a switch (with the controller) or the novelty of VR will be what finally gets me to play it. The controls for the VR version will play a big role in my decision.

I mean Skyrim is almost 7 years old man it would probably run it fine and if not that's what the Steam refund system is for. If its between portability or VR its up to you, I personally wouldn't see portability being a draw for a game like Skyrim but that's a personal thing.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Word, it was a fun time in 2011 but the thought of someone actively yearning to play it in 2017 is just madness to me. It felt dated to me when i revisited it a few years ago but whatever.

Now, if we were speaking about Elder Scroll s zenith Morrowind....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bethesda are business geniuses in fairness. Milking the same game for literally six years is pretty impressive. Can’t knock the hustle

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

What PS4 exclusives are actually coming out this year?

That Uncharted thing, Gran Turismo (maybe), Yakuza Kiwami, Everybody Golf, new game by the until Dawn People, New Housemarque game and goty FFXV VR Fishing

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
No release date for Gt Sport yet? I am hankering for a realistic racer on ps4

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

That Uncharted thing, Gran Turismo (maybe), Yakuza Kiwami, Everybody Golf, new game by the until Dawn People, New Housemarque game and goty FFXV VR Fishing

Also FFXII and Crash. Plus the exclusives that they already released earlier in the year. My backlog is ridiculous right now.

Edit: GT Sport is fall this year

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I assume it's taking more pages out of mgsv's playbook than anything

This is a take I agree with but haven't heard repeated any where else. The inflitration mechanics remind me of The Phantom Pain, and there's even a white glow around the perimeter of the screen to indicate where someone is that you should be aware of. And I'm confident that there will be an ability where your assassin will get a few seconds of slow-mo to headshot someone who sees him.

Other thoughts on AC:O is that I'm not a fan of their proposed loot system and I'm skeptical on how the Dark Soul's combat will mesh with the rest of the AC mechanics.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Crash motherfucking Bandicoot son

I might be broken but nothing about this game even makes me half-raise an eyebrow. I feel like the excitement surrounding it is some kind of nostalgia-based mass delusion.

Could just be me, though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Apparently you can play as Crash's sister in all the Crash games now which I find oddly cool

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

I might be broken but nothing about this game even makes me half-raise an eyebrow. I feel like the excitement surrounding it is some kind of nostalgia-based mass delusion.

Could just be me, though.

You aren't crazy, Crash Bandicoot is not a game for everyone. I can only speak for myself when I say nostalgia plays a huge part but I adored those games when I was younger, don't forget that for me and many others, Bandicoot was the first real exposure to 3D platforming. I've replayed those games multiple times since release and the opportunity to play revitalised versions are child-hood nostalgia and old school game design wrapped up with a bow on.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Macarius Wrench posted:

You aren't crazy, Crash Bandicoot is not a game for everyone. I can only speak for myself when I say nostalgia plays a huge part but I adored those games when I was younger, don't forget that for me and many others, Bandicoot was the first real exposure to 3D platforming. I've replayed those games multiple times since release and the opportunity to play revitalised versions are child-hood nostalgia and old school game design wrapped up with a bow on.

I mean, when Crash came out, I had just bought my first console (PlayStation). I played them all. I even kinda liked it I think. But looking back at it, nothing strikes me (at least in those trailers) as anything worth touching again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So apparently Sony stealth announced Dragon Quest 11 in a press release.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

General question: does anyone else think Forza 7 looks better graphically than GT Sport in the available trailers?

Which game is more likely to have the better driving model?

I have a PS4 Pro and a gaming PC so the question is which game to get without being dumb enough to buy an XBONEX.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

I mean, when Crash came out, I had just bought my first console (PlayStation). I played them all. I even kinda liked it I think. But looking back at it, nothing strikes me (at least in those trailers) as anything worth touching again.

Fair play, didn't even cross my mind, I was already probably going to replay them at some point in the near future so to have a more striking version of that is just a bonus

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Policenaut posted:

Abzu and Firewatch?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Macarius Wrench posted:

actually ever since they announced the remaster they bumped up the price of skyrim and it basically never goes on sale for less than thirty bucks now, lmao

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

D1E posted:

General question: does anyone else think Forza 7 looks better graphically than GT Sport in the available trailers?

Which game is more likely to have the better driving model?

I have a PS4 Pro and a gaming PC so the question is which game to get without being dumb enough to buy an XBONEX.

Well you'll actually be able to play Forza before the heat death of the universe, so I'd probably get that.

I got Forza Horizon 3 which is a more arcadey take on Forza, but also the first full size Forza game on PC, and it's really good and also looks and plays great on my gaming rig. I think there's a bite size free Forza game on the Windows store that serves as a demo of sorts, so you could always try that and see how it runs for you.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I can't recommend re-watching the E3 trailers in 4K on YouTube. The God of War one is loving unreal and reveals so many details you didn't notice the first time around.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Policenaut posted:

Abzu and Firewatch have been out for some time now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ufarn posted:

I can't recommend re-watching the E3 trailers in 4K on YouTube.

:raise:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Matterfall looks like a hype game
Supposedly housemarques biggest. Might skip nex machina for it if it launches before nm gets a sale

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

Bloodychill, you can shareplay dbfz with me when it launches and even over streaming you'll be able to tell how great team red arcsys games feel on a tactile and visceral level. Theres just nothing more fun in fighters.

Alright. I'll spirit bomb you into next week, obv.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

Matterfall looks like a hype game
Supposedly housemarques biggest. Might skip nex machina for it if it launches before nm gets a sale

NM is launching at 20% off.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the truth posted:

this is like when a 30 year old starts smoking

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
VR would be the only reason to pick it up now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I know gone hate Bethesda but at the E3 in theaters thing I went to, VR Skyrim got one of the bigger crowd reactions of the night. People still loving love that game

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
They could've just announced the new Shadow of the Colossus and I'd have been perfectly satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Meldonox posted:

They could've just announced the new Shadow of the Colossus and I'd have been perfectly satisfied.

Those graphics :qq: