Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Hy_C posted:

MH for PC, I can't believe it. I'm excited.

The question is, how long will the delay be. I really would prefer to play it on my PC but if its like a 6 month wait, then the choice is basically made for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Det_no posted:

Missed the conference live and came to see people's unbridled joy after catching the archive only to discover folks are actually angry. Angry about things that don't even make sense, like zones not being divided (when clearly the swimming bits and vines you have to push aside are used to divide zones) and rapid fire bowguns (that already exist ingame with Rapid Heaven).

Monhun fans are insane and I'm kind of glad I only got into it recently/never play with people that are not my friends.

For me it's kind of a lack of faith in Capcom's ability to make more than minor alterations to a game I love so much, without loving it up.

Uh, that said, if it swings more toward the Dragon's Dogma end of things, it'll probably be fine. I'm sure I'll play the PC version, almost regardless.

As much as I enjoy Toukiden, I don't want this to end up being a Toukiden clone, where you just have to walk out to the monster arena out in the open world for story mode, and then all the desk missions just teleport you there. The open world in Toukiden just ends up being a huge time sink where you sprint past all enemies until you reach the objective, unless you're picking away at side quests.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I straight up don't trust Capcom outside of Monster Hunter and don't want them to mess this up as well.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dragon's Dogma is the only Capcom thing I've liked in 10 years and the fact they've done nothing with that just makes me not care about the company. If that's what world is then I'll play that and I hope everyone else gets their XX Switch port.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hy_C posted:

MH for PC, I can't believe it. I'm excited.

Same here! I still hope we get XX because I wanna rodeo monsters as a cat, drat it, but PC MonHun will be very nice.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's another thing. A bunch of iconic elements like the cats don't seem to be present.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's another thing. A bunch of iconic elements like the cats don't seem to be present.

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874457051958624256

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

TFRazorsaw posted:

Cats weren't in the MH4 debut trailer either holy heck y'all I'm a little apprehensive too but wait and see

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

FiftySeven posted:

The question is, how long will the delay be. I really would prefer to play it on my PC but if its like a 6 month wait, then the choice is basically made for me.

I don't have a PS4 or an Xbone so this is great news also I could never convince people to get a switch or DS to play the other series. It's a huge step forward for me and I hope they stop doing these Nintendo exclusives.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's good then. But with all the talk about this being tailored for western audiences I don't think it was invalid to be concerned.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hopefully it was just a bad trailer.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Hopefully it was just a bad trailer.

It was pretty much exactly the same as every monster hunter trailer ever yet people are losing their goddamned minds because it's on platforms that can support resolutions greater than 240 pixels.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It's more that every game Capcom has tried to tailor to western audiences has imploded so bad it takes entire, previously good, franchises with it. Capcom has a habit of sacrificing golden geese in pursuit of a huge western white whale

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 13, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I hope nose trex isn't the flagship monster

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I really liked Lost Planet 2, though to be fair it was already a reboot from the first Lost Planet.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's just Rathalos on the box

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
As long as we get Switch XX in the West I'm fine with whatever they want to try in MHW. From the Twitter info, it sounds like the fundamentals are in, in terms of system mechanics. I just hope the combat retains the classic, weighty feel and isn't a DmC/God of War style brawler.

And honestly, if they don't localize XX I'll just eShop it and learn Japanese I guess.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
If Capcom is ballsy enough for a worldwide release of MHW, it'd be a baffling move to not localize MHXX.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HD Palico fun

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

Neo_Crimson posted:

If Capcom is ballsy enough for a worldwide release of MHW, it'd be a baffling move to not localize MHXX.

Agreed. Though the marketing thing that was sent around w/ MHW details said "first MH to be released simultaneously worldwide" so I guess that means we're not getting XX at the same time as Japan?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

empathe posted:

Agreed. Though the marketing thing that was sent around w/ MHW details said "first MH to be released simultaneously worldwide" so I guess that means we're not getting XX at the same time as Japan?

XX has been out in Japan since March, with the Switch version coming out in August. I suspect we'll get it either winter 2017, or early spring 2018.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Neo_Crimson posted:

XX has been out in Japan since March, with the Switch version coming out in August. I suspect we'll get it either winter 2017, or early spring 2018.

That's borderline unacceptable to me, given the release window for World. Unless Monster Hunter World turns out to be like a completely shallow experience, like I'm not gonna be able to concentrate on 2 MonHuns at the same time.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

Neo_Crimson posted:

Well, I meant simultaneous release for XX on Switch only.
I really hope it's not 2018 since they've had plenty of time to finish the translation but Capcom is dumb so idk.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

TFRazorsaw posted:

There's a cat on the webpage. Or it's a tiny tiny hunter.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 13, 2017

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Same here! I still hope we get XX because I wanna rodeo monsters as a cat, drat it, but PC MonHun will be very nice.

Now I wait for Nintendo to release their grip and let the flagship be available on PC

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
MH3U HD came out nearly simultaneously across regions didn't it

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Didn't see the news until this morning, but holy poo poo I'm hyped as hell!

Seeing a lot of reactions here similar to the MH4 trailer. When people were initially speculating it would be open world. Worried about a drastic change to the game given all the action shots in the trailer similar to this one.

I agree not every game should be open world BoTW-esque but from what I've seen there is still zones in the traditional sense. You just swim/swing/climb to the new ones as you track the monster. And I like mobile the hunter is because if there's one thing BoTW got extremely right it's how easy it was the transverse the terrain.

Stealth is cool, but won't be terribly useful outside of getting a surprise jumping attack like in the trailer. There's no reason to stealth the smaller monsters but it will be fun to mess around with. But holy poo poo the monsters now actually hunt each other! That's something I've been wanting for a while now. And it looks like mounts are now like Dragons Dogma which is extremely my poo poo.

My only concern is the combat getting more action oriented. I think it's inevitable that they'll have to change it up slightly to fit this more open world system where you are swinging everywhere. Them already confirming all weapon types is very relieving though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I want a cat farm again

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
People are way too sensitive over getting 2 different monster hunter games holy poo poo.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I'm happy that there's a MonHun game coming out for a console I actually own. :)

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Nintendo didn't mention Monster Hunter, is it time to panic

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No XX in the West announcement... Help me....

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space Hamlet posted:

Nintendo didn't mention Monster Hunter, is it time to panic

Lmao, but a solemn, tearful lmao.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

With world being simul release they might not have time for XX but who knows

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Honestly I expected MH to be a no-show at Nintendo's conference, but I'm nowhere near ready to say XX isn't coming to the U.S.

I mean we're getting loving Stories, it'd be nuts if we didn't.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

All I really want from Monster Hunter is for them to cram as much content into one game playable on a TV and it sounds like XX is going to do that. If they wanna try something a little different with World that's cool by me too

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
as hype as I am for MH World I am also very annoyed no XX announcement was made. I'm sure it WILL come because

Neo_Crimson posted:

I mean we're getting loving Stories, it'd be nuts if we didn't.

but yea, annoying that not even a 'coming winter 2017' or something vagueness.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

give some translators a few lines of coke and they'll have xx translated by the weekend

idk why it takes so long for those lol, coming up with witty quest text is neat but gimme that fukkin mh

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I hope being on PC means we'll get gunner controls that aren't poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

give some translators a few lines of coke and they'll have xx translated by the weekend

idk why it takes so long for those lol, coming up with witty quest text is neat but gimme that fukkin mh

There was a blog post by the guy who worked on localizing MH4U, tl;dr there is A LOT of text that needs to be translated, proofread, and inserted correctly in the game.

• Locked thread