Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is TFP supposed to be a horrible soul crushing grind? It feels like I've been working on his poo poo exclusively for 6 months (not exactly). Maybe it's just lovely luck on the RNG for his gear drops...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
TFP is actually pretty easy to gear... Had him on GXI at the same time i 7* him

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

tadashi posted:

Is TFP supposed to be a horrible soul crushing grind? It feels like I've been working on his poo poo exclusively for 6 months (not exactly). Maybe it's just lovely luck on the RNG for his gear drops...

Try to five star first order guys and tell me about soul crushing

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
So, I've gotten enough Zeta mats to Zeta my first character and I'm not sure who I should do it to. At present, my strongest teams are:

HK(L),88,86,Nebit,Engi (G9-11)- No Zetas there AFAIK.
Wiggs(L),STH,LC,Either Akbar or Leia (G10) - None there, either

I'm thinking to do it on a Maul team:

Maul(L),Kylo, Savage, Palps, Vader (G8-G9) Vader is 6* and Savage is G7, but that will be rectified shortly. I'm leading towards Zetaing Maul since it's got strong team synergies and is the current meta.

Any thoughts?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Do you have R2? He works great with Rebels.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

So, I've gotten enough Zeta mats to Zeta my first character and I'm not sure who I should do it to. At present, my strongest teams are:

Maul(L),Kylo, Savage, Palps, Vader (G8-G9) Vader is 6* and Savage is G7, but that will be rectified shortly. I'm leading towards Zetaing Maul since it's got strong team synergies and is the current meta.

Any thoughts?

Zaul just isn't what it used to be, Rex, R2, GK, and Chaze have really driven a wedge into the Zaul teams. He's still second in leader quantities, and if you double down on the Zaul meta, you'll do well for a bit, but I don't think that comp will hold out much longer. My shard only has a couple die-hard zaul teams left, and only because they're running 4+ zetas.
If you feel like you need to zeta something to catch up/get ahead, Kylo is your best zeta. You can just toss him in with Wiggs, STH, LC, and he'll win you matches. I've seen him win 4v1 against a meta squad (good rng, but still). On a few occasions, I've lost Nil early against a Zylo squad, and then had Zylo wipe the floor with my other 4 dudes.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Do you have R2? He works great with Rebels.

I do, he's only 6*, but G9.

Malgrin posted:

Zaul just isn't what it used to be, Rex, R2, GK, and Chaze have really driven a wedge into the Zaul teams. He's still second in leader quantities, and if you double down on the Zaul meta, you'll do well for a bit, but I don't think that comp will hold out much longer. My shard only has a couple die-hard zaul teams left, and only because they're running 4+ zetas.
If you feel like you need to zeta something to catch up/get ahead, Kylo is your best zeta. You can just toss him in with Wiggs, STH, LC, and he'll win you matches. I've seen him win 4v1 against a meta squad (good rng, but still). On a few occasions, I've lost Nil early against a Zylo squad, and then had Zylo wipe the floor with my other 4 dudes.

I've been trying this with non-Zeta Kylo. It turns out if I want to Zeta him, I have to get a few more Omega mats.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Any thoughts?

Maul is dead, do not.

MoraleHazard posted:

I do, he's only 6*, but G9.

I've been trying this with non-Zeta Kylo. It turns out if I want to Zeta him, I have to get a few more Omega mats.

Just build your R2 up, then. 6* is irrelevant for Arena, it's gear, mods, and zetas matter far more.

Dude on my shard finishes top 20 daily with a 5 star chirrut, 4 star baze, and a 4 star nihilus. R2 is the only zeta currently for rebels, so just go with that once you've got him to GX/XI

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 13, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Just build your R2 up, then. 6* is irrelevant for Arena, it's gear, mods, and zetas matter far more.

Dude on my shard finishes top 20 daily with a 5 star chirrut, 4 star baze, and a 4 star nihilus. R2 is the only zeta currently for rebels, so just go with that once you've got him to GX/XI

Which Zeta for R2 do you recommend first?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

Which Zeta for R2 do you recommend first?

Number crunch.

e: For those who don't know, cheating is a thing that really happens in this game that you can report, and you can even maybe get good rewards for it. On my alt account, I noticed someone at the top of the leaderboard that clearly didn't deserve to be there (10 level difference, running Chewie lead vs. Chaze). I wrote up a message to CG_LucifersDaddy, added a bunch of screenshots, and got 1000 crystals for doing it. Here's what I wrote, and then just take screenshots of the person in your arena:
Hi, I have a suspected cheater for you. My ally code is 646-935-163.
The suspected cheater is Petar Zemun, from the guild BalkanCrew, who is currently in rank 1 of my leaderboard.
Here are the people in spots 2-5, and it doesn't get easier in the top 10.
As someone barely hanging on to top 100 in this shard, it's frustrating to see someone cheat to make 1st place.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 13, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

1000 crystals for reporting a cheat.

That's quite a cool policy I like it. Did they announce it anywhere or are they relying on it spreading via word of mouth like this? Pretty clever if they are.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

That's quite a cool policy I like it. Did they announce it anywhere or are they relying on it spreading via word of mouth like this? Pretty clever if they are.

I hadn't heard anything about it before this.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

They probably don't want to broadcast it in game or in a super official capacity, because they'd get lots of false reports for "cheaters" who just have better teams than they do. But it is a good policy to reward people reporting bullshit.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

They probably don't want to broadcast it in game or in a super official capacity, because they'd get lots of false reports for "cheaters" who just have better teams than they do. But it is a good policy to reward people reporting bullshit.

They also will probably only do it if you make a really good report, like what I did -- took a screenshot of the player's arena team, the player's inventory, and ranks 2-5.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
This is loving stupid. I'm in my mid 20's and still wasting time and money on pointless bullshit because it has goddamn lightsabers.

What's the best $10 - $20 dollar pack for someone starting out now? Preferably with characters from the movies.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ghetto Prince posted:

This is loving stupid. I'm in my mid 20's and still wasting time and money on pointless bullshit because it has goddamn lightsabers.

What's the best $10 - $20 dollar pack for someone starting out now? Preferably with characters from the movies.

What are your options?

Read the OP, it will help you a lot getting started

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ghetto Prince posted:

Started 5 weeks ago. I am level 69 and top 100 arena and top 30 fleet. Follow the guide.
Focus lando, stormtrooper han, boba, biggs, and pick your bro for 5

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Yeah, I've been playing around with it for about three days now , but I'm following the guide.

Available packs are :

Dark Side Starter, with Greedo

Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum pack

Grand Moff Tarkin Pack

Jedi Knight Anakin bundle

Assassin Droid Pack.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ghetto Prince posted:

Yeah, I've been playing around with it for about three days now , but I'm following the guide.

Available packs are :

Dark Side Starter, with Greedo

Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum pack

Grand Moff Tarkin Pack

Jedi Knight Anakin bundle

Assassin Droid Pack.

I would go with Anakin, personally. He takes a long time to unlock and get starred up. I don't have the Dark Side Starter available, but you can't even start on JKA until you get to the fifth stage of LS/DS battles so it seems like those 80 shards are pretty drat valuable. He's a character you'll use in any Jedi team, for which there are many uses.

Tarkin is mostly used as a fleet commander and you'll get a free unlock of him when you unlock ships.

Fulcrum Ahsoka is cool but you'll be stuck on her unlock star level indefinitely or until you spend a lot more money.

Droids are cool but there uses are sort of limited compared to Jedi.

Most people don't really need Greedo at all.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 14, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Speaking of Jedi, what's a decent end game jedi team (minus GK)?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Ghetto Prince posted:

Your best $10-$20 purchase would be crystals, so you could refresh more often. I admit this is less exciting than getting a pack. Alternatively you could then spend the crystals on a chromium pack and hope you win the lottery like Hammerstein.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Burning_Monk posted:

Best jedi in no particular order:
QGJ, JKA, Bariss, Ahsoka, Aayla. Yoda is also good but you need a 7* jedi team to get him.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

There isn't really a great Jedi team without General Kenobi, but I'm currently staying in top 50 with QGJ (Leader Zeta), Yoda (Battle Meditation Zeta), Jedi Knight Anakin, Aayla Secura, and R2-D2 (Number Crunch Zeta). I just got R2's Combat Analysis Zeta, too, so I might be able to stay in top 20. I used to use Ahsoka instead of R2, but that had problems against all of the Zaul teams.

Frankly, unless you really like Jedi, they're not really worth going after as opposed to Rebels/Empire/Sith. Of course, Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight is supposedly coming in August, so that might change things up.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

I actually think you could build a really awesome comp with QGJ, Ezra, Kanan, JKA, +1. Barriss, Ahsoka, and Aayla are all great too. Aayla is pretty farmable and Ahoska can be had from cantina credits (but you should be getting Boba with that), but Barriss is a pretty rough farm.

Ghetto Prince posted:

Yeah, what Tadashi said. JKA is great from level 1 to level 85. I think that pack is more expensive than 10-20, so if you're just going to spend 10-20, probably buy crystals and spend on refreshes. If you're set on buying heroes, probably Anakin.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

The standard composition for a phase 1 HAAT Jedi team (no GK) is:
zeta QGJ, JKA, Aayla, Yoda and either Ahsoka (base model), or IGD

In absence of Aayla, use Ahsoka or IGD.
In absence of zeta QGJ, lead with Aayla or JKA.

https://swgohindepth.com/heroic-aat-prep-guide/

UmOk posted:

Try to five star first order guys and tell me about soul crushing

Phasma - Yay GW!
Kylo - Yay Cantina!
FOO - Yay More Cantina!
FO ST - I thought I was done farming JKA?
FOTP - What the gently caress do you mean this costs 16 energy per turn?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 14, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
My JKA is at 5* and my Aayla is 4* so I guess I need to work on those. My Ashoka is actually 7* along with QGJ, Lumi, IGD, Yoda, and Barris. I'm working on my phoenix guys but that's going to take some time obviously. I've got a decent rebel and sith team so I'm wondering if I should push my jedi more while I work on Phoenix and finish up my empire team (just need to get 50 more shards for RG).

Just hit 85 a couple days ago.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It's not recommended but, for lack of better characters, I've been using JKA, QGJ, Ahsoka, Wedge, and Biggs mostly in Arena lately and it does't completely suck.

I think the main thing on Jedi is that the consensus is that Plo Koon sucks?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 14, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Does anyone want a pretty well maintained level 59 alt? It's becoming too much of a chore, but I've held top 100 daily (was top 50, but whales), it has a great daily reset time -- 7:30 PM Pacific, which means arena payout is at 1:30 PM Pacific, so before the normal EST crowd, but well after the Europeans are done. You could make it your main or whatever, for anyone just starting out. I've focused on Rebels (both tag and the show) and Empire, so it's in a pretty good place and might just barely be able to get Thrawn, depending on how hard the event actually is (I've done the math and I think it'll hit the right amount of Kanan shards next Wednesday). Since I've been working on Empire, getting Thrawn would be pretty dope, and it should be able to beat at least t5 of the emperor's quest when that comes out, so it's ready to have a pretty sick roster. Its GW is very clearable, done it every day since the first (failed on the last node that time).
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/F1VVrYZ.png[/img]
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/HbhX46s.png[/img]

It has 777 crystals in the bank, is in the Roccinate, so, fairly regular T6 raids (which Biggs can do cause he's 6*).

Ghetto Prince posted:

If you haven't spent any money yet, this might be a really good opportunity. Something to consider, anyways.

e: PS if not that's cool. You should actually spend money on crystals, and use those to buy Baze from shipments. At 3* he's a beast, and at level 60 you can start getting Chirrut shards, which is a winning combination.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Burning_Monk posted:

My JKA is at 5* and my Aayla is 4* so I guess I need to work on those. My Ashoka is actually 7* along with QGJ, Lumi, IGD, Yoda, and Barris. I'm working on my phoenix guys but that's going to take some time obviously. I've got a decent rebel and sith team so I'm wondering if I should push my jedi more while I work on Phoenix and finish up my empire team (just need to get 50 more shards for RG).

Just hit 85 a couple days ago.

Barriss probably deserves some kind of asterisk because while she might not be ideal for an AAT comp or the jedi arena comp, zeta Barriss is pretty sick and can fit in a bunch of places, from jedi to troll-y double tank comps (GK(L), chaze, Zarriss, DN is super annoying)

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Thanks for all the tips. I ended up getting the crystals instead of Anakin.

Ally Code is 271-916-938 if there's any goon guilds inviting; I checked the private game server thread , but no one's posted there in nearly a year so I figured I'd try here first.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ghetto Prince posted:

Ally Code is 271-916-938 if there's any goon guilds inviting; I checked the private game server thread , but no one's posted there in nearly a year so I figured I'd try here first.

I think the 2 goon guilds are full but i'll check w QGJ leadership.
P.s. join the discord in the op

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ghetto Prince posted:

There are two pretty active guilds, SomethingMaulful and QuiGoonJinn. SM is doing all heroic raids which require a 7* hero, and therefore won't be of much use to you for awhile, and we usually move people from QGJ to SM when there's an opening. I don't know if there are any available spaces in QGJ at the moment.

There's also a guild called theRoccinate (this is where my alt is parked). Also pretty active, does T6 raids, which just requires 6* heroes, and you can actually get there pretty quickly, especially if you double down on Biggs by running Cantina and GW -- not normally something I recommend, but if you get into a T5/T6 guild, it will help you along immensely. Cactus is the one you want to talk with about that, and there are open spots.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just talked to Vallis. QGJ is going to lower their idle requirements to at least 5 days, maybe fewer. I think the goal will be to accept new active players at the expense of anybody idle 3 days or more without vacation notification. The Roccinate sounds like a better backup than Plo Goon, which I understand is mostly empty

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Plo goon is dead

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

My Phoenix Squadron is still woefully unprepared for this event. I guess I'll see what I can do in the next week.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

thrawn527 posted:

My Phoenix Squadron is still woefully unprepared for this event. I guess I'll see what I can do in the next week.

At least we got some crystals and credits from the whole ordeal :unsmith:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mister Blueberry posted:

At least we got some crystals and credits from the whole ordeal :unsmith:

Sure...to use to upgrade Phoenix Squad.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

There's also a guild called theRoccinate (this is where my alt is parked). Also pretty active, does T6 raids, which just requires 6* heroes, and you can actually get there pretty quickly, especially if you double down on Biggs by running Cantina and GW -- not normally something I recommend, but if you get into a T5/T6 guild, it will help you along immensely. Cactus is the one you want to talk with about that, and there are open spots.

The Rocinante has 5 spots open so ally me or post your ally code if you want an invite.

Me: 561-766-648

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I've been on the edge of five starring Sabine for days now. I've been refreshing the guild store three times a day and nothing. I finally just bought a crap ton of character shards for peeps I had maxed and got her that way but I didn't want to do it. It's crazy how some people won't even get the 5* that I've been able to grab. Is there a word for feeling lucky + unlucky at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aadoniel posted:

I've been on the edge of five starring Sabine for days now. I've been refreshing the guild store three times a day and nothing. I finally just bought a crap ton of character shards for peeps I had maxed and got her that way but I didn't want to do it. It's crazy how some people won't even get the 5* that I've been able to grab. Is there a word for feeling lucky + unlucky at the same time?

RNGesus

E: QGJ has a spot open if anybody wants it. They made room for ghetto prince who weirdly left the guild almost immediately

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 16, 2017