Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

trash person posted:

Not to be a downer, but is anyone a little disappointed by what they've shown so far? I'm not sure what I was expecting, maybe a greater departure from Destiny 1 in some way I can't define.

It just looks like...more Destiny and I haven't seen anything that won't make the endgame any less stale.

I'm probably just being over critical or something but eh

Over critical when you can't even define it? HMMMMMMMMM

Seriously, I love people saying D2 isn't different enough. Like, if you want something so drastically different, play a different loving game???? Why does Destiny need to stop existing so you can play a different game? Ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Neep posted:

gently caress. I'm on vacation during the entire beta period. I didn't realize it would be so short.

Heck yeah. I'm on vacation during the entire beta period, but I got no plans besides sitting around the house like a fat piece of trash.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It doesn't bother me that much for the beta 'cause I have a PS4, but this whole "lol get hosed boners" shtick is getting super old. Do we really need to keep guns and strikes locked off from a huge chunk of the player base for a full year?

When will Bone Krew gets its day? When? :(

limaCAT posted:

Love to see the wormfeeder rune returning and being part of the whole D2 patrol experience.

If the gist of this is "every patrol zone is gonna be the Dreadnaught, but bigger and moreso" then get the gently caress in, the Dreadnaught poo poo was one of the best parts of Destiny.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

are y'all hyped for big show's destiny 2 panel at e3 today?

VJeff posted:

It doesn't bother me that much for the beta 'cause I have a PS4, but this whole "lol get hosed boners" shtick is getting super old. Do we really need to keep guns and strikes locked off from a huge chunk of the player base for a full year?

When will Bone Krew gets its day? When? :(

When Microsoft ponies up the money.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Most of the exclusives that Xbone got a year later from PS4 were bad and we're fine if you just keep them

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
None of the current exclusives are really that cool, zen meteor is a gimmick. I don't even know what the other exclusives are??

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Soooooo correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Defender Titan having both Ward of Dawn AND the Captain America gently caress Yeah as selectable alternates imply that each individual elemental subclass might have an 'alternate' version as well? Like each elemental subclass has two supers to choose from?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

texaholic posted:

None of the current exclusives are really that cool, zen meteor is a gimmick. I don't even know what the other exclusives are??

Zen Meteor and the map Sector 618 are the only remaining exclusives IIRC

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
None of the past exotics were worth a poo poo either

Hawkmoon maybe but HC's got obliterated by the time Y1 exclusives were up.
The rest of the PS exotics were poo poo
The Crucible maps were poo poo
The strikes were poo poo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jade Rabbit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

Soooooo correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Defender Titan having both Ward of Dawn AND the Captain America gently caress Yeah as selectable alternates imply that each individual elemental subclass might have an 'alternate' version as well? Like each elemental subclass has two supers to choose from?

New ward of dawn is basically the relic from vog, so you gotta sit there doing nothing and hold down a button to have it out. It's not an alternate mode.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

New ward of dawn is basically the relic from vog, so you gotta sit there doing nothing and hold down a button to have it out. It's not an alternate mode.

thats what i do anyways

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The strikes were poo poo

Monte Carlo could be kind of fun with the right build (like a gunslinger's trance + knife throwing build) but yeah it was trash. Jade Rabbit's got kind of a neat niche of sustained boss damage but it's outclassed by like... every special/heavy exotic for damage, and even NT2E maybe.
exodus blue and timekeeper are alright maps but sector 618 is trash imo yeah. Icarus is ok?
the vex strike with the orbs is fun if you're a titan and just skate the balls to the end in 5 seconds, and you have a good team that knows what they're doing at the boss but if not then yeah its a huge slog. Dust Palace was awful year 1, it's ok now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah Jade Rabbit is the poo poo. Did Xbox guys ever get that?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dropping on Xbox now that Y2 is over

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

can people shoot out of it like the relic, or do they have to leave like old ward?

on the one hand nerfing the bubble was probably warranted but on the other this new set up sound kind of like "you stand here and hold button while OTHER people get to have fun" which is bad, especially when you'll get shitters demanding you use that tree even if it sucks

Drag
Sep 23, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

Monte Carlo could be kind of fun with the right build (like a gunslinger's trance + knife throwing build) but yeah it was trash. Jade Rabbit's got kind of a neat niche of sustained boss damage but it's outclassed by like... every special/heavy exotic for damage, and even NT2E maybe.
exodus blue and timekeeper are alright maps but sector 618 is trash imo yeah. Icarus is ok?
the vex strike with the orbs is fun if you're a titan and just skate the balls to the end in 5 seconds, and you have a good team that knows what they're doing at the boss but if not then yeah its a huge slog. Dust Palace was awful year 1, it's ok now.
Strike is an exclusive reminder that doing stuff with pubbies is a really bad idea.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
PS4 is getting an exotic sniper that can change elements.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mazerunner posted:

can people shoot out of it like the relic, or do they have to leave like old ward?

on the one hand nerfing the bubble was probably warranted but on the other this new set up sound kind of like "you stand here and hold button while OTHER people get to have fun" which is bad, especially when you'll get shitters demanding you use that tree even if it sucks

I'm sure it's not gonna play the same, I wouldn't worry

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So far everything I have seen from the destiny guys regarding class composition and balance and regarding weapon balance and setup has been promising. I wouldn't worry too much about things imho, it seems like they learned from some big mistakes in D1.

The subclass agnostic class powers are extremely cool and good and should let them have a way better baseline for high end PvE content design.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The real question is how fast the ranked playlist turns into a shitfest of spergs getting paid carries to get the weekly bounties done for the ornaments intended for people who are actually the best at crucible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Bungie Destiny 2 panel hosted by the Big Show is starting in a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH2D9xnjfwk

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The strikes were poo poo

Blue Balls was a great pvp map.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

showing off the physical model of a new exotic: Coldheart. Looks like an Omolon fusion rifle, I'd guess can slow or freeze people

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Big Show loving loves this gun.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is that a goon

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Nerf Mavericks sitting Indian style on bed spinning is his big brother

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

Is that a goon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sij25UyDwro

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Doesn't mean he's not a goon I mean even notch was a goon

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Big Show was very good at that panel and I enjoyed him, I hope he gets his codes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Big Show if you're reading this as a goon please come join us at raiding badly.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Big Show was very good at that panel and I enjoyed him, I hope he gets his codes.

moist turtleneck posted:

Doesn't mean he's not a goon I mean even notch was a goon

the big show is my friend and he will post here after the beta

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL IT'S A BIG SHOW

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Policenaut posted:

Big Show if you're reading this as a goon please come join us at raiding badly.

:same:

Also, I have to say, I do like Anthem at a glance, but I'm afraid it's just going to be a Twin Film of Destiny 2. Like, Bungie hired Bioware's story writer after Taken King, and I guess now they feel like they need to take their sci-fi experience and put out a competing product.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
gently caress me I'm gonna be stuck in the desert digging up lovely greek bones and playing with dirty coins when the beta comes out.

e: How much would it cost to ship a ps4 to Turkey?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Brock Lesnar plays on Xbox and raids with bone krew every 2 months or so, it's a big event

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Brock Lesnar plays on Xbox and raids with bone krew every 2 months or so, it's a big event

So that's what he's doing when he's not loving on TV.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Policenaut posted:

So that's what he's doing when he's not loving on TV.

It was a joke, ABGD is Brock Lesnar, playing Destiny literally all the loving time but that occasional night every couple months when he pops on TV to show off his dick-sword tattoo.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Schizotek posted:

gently caress me I'm gonna be stuck in the desert digging up lovely greek bones and playing with dirty coins when the beta comes out.

e: How much would it cost to ship a ps4 to Turkey?

That actually sounds like unironic fun, why would you want to do something this dead and gay while you're making breakthrough archaeological discoveries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Waffle House posted:

That actually sounds like unironic fun, why would you want to do something this dead and gay while you're making breakthrough archaeological discoveries

No, the breakthrough stuff is when I (hopefully) take part in the Satala excavations next year. And it was mostly tongue in cheek, gently caress me like I'm gonna have the energy to shoot spacemans after hunching in the sun for like 9 hours, but I will be kind disappointed that the game will no longer have that "just launched" smell when I get back.