Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

There was a blog post by the guy who worked on localizing MH4U, tl;dr there is A LOT of text that needs to be translated, proofread, and inserted correctly in the game.

how much of it is just copy/paste from the already translated mhx

a lot prolly, but knowing capcom they would just dump all the code out and make whoever translates start from 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gotta translate the mountains of fluff text that everyone mashes through as quickly as possible

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

lets hang out posted:

Gotta translate the mountains of fluff text that everyone mashes through as quickly as possible

hey I read that every time :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Space Hamlet posted:

Nintendo didn't mention Monster Hunter, is it time to panic

nah, the big main video they showed was nothing but switch games and they're still gonna be showing off more announcements during the treehouse

if XX doesn't come up then though then you should worry

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

lets hang out posted:

Hey, I like the fluff text. The humor in these games is very charming and I like it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just fuckin pay some translators. Nintendo call Capcom and tell them you'll foot the bill. I need monster hunter on the switch it's all I ever wanted before the Switch was even announced

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brother Entropy posted:

nah, the big main video they showed was nothing but switch games and they're still gonna be showing off more announcements during the treehouse

if XX doesn't come up then though then you should worry

XX is also a Switch game tho

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh look, that thing I was screaming about last night is true. They've abandoned real MH players and put all their eggs in that lovely action game.

Press F to pay respects. Monster Hunter is dead in the west. I'd love to still be proven wrong, but considering it hasn't been shown at all yet...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The real reason Switch isn't getting World is because its' getting Monster Hunter Portable World instead.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh look, that thing I was screaming about last night is true. They've abandoned real MH players and put all their eggs in that lovely action game.

Press F to pay respects. Monster Hunter is dead in the west. I'd love to still be proven wrong, but considering it hasn't been shown at all yet...

There are only 5 minutes of gameplay footage. I'm not sure why you are proclaiming the death of the franchise at this stage.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

what button do i press to laugh at this really dumb post

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ChibiSoma posted:

What are you talking about?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i hope mhw is bad so that i don't feel compelled to buy a ps4 in addition to a switch.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At least Capcom isn't making fun of the old games like DmC.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The fact that Stories is getting localized while the 'main' game isn't is insane. They're either saving a localization reveal for closer to the game's release for some insane god drat reason or they're outright abandoned MHXX.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

what button do i press to laugh at this really dumb post

attach your circlepad pro and spin it wildly

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Inflammatory posted:

i hope mhw is bad so that i don't feel compelled to buy a ps4 in addition to a switch.

Good news, it's coming out on PC, too!

But seriously, I hope that it's good, and not lovely. I don't know if I trust capcom to fulfill that wish, but I think they will try because Monster Hunter is pretty much their flagship brand now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChibiSoma posted:

The fact that Stories is getting localized while the 'main' game isn't is insane. They're either saving a localization reveal for closer to the game's release for some insane god drat reason or they're outright abandoned MHXX.

there hasn't been a main MH game in Japan or the west since 4 and XX is not one either

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sexpig by night posted:

there hasn't been a main MH game in Japan or the west since 4 and XX is not one either

You know what I loving mean. Double Cross is the main game right now. Big announcement of a Switch version, so at least we can play the drat thing in Japanese. But the fact that they brought over a lovely side game that sold poorly and aren't bringing that over is ridiculous.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Who could forget the part where Reggie walked out on the stage, middle fingers held high, and said 'gently caress you you're never getting doublecross'

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Saint Freak posted:

Who could forget the part where Reggie walked out on the stage, middle fingers held high, and said 'gently caress you you're never getting doublecross'

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lemonpieman posted:

There are only 5 minutes of gameplay footage. I'm not sure why you are proclaiming the death of the franchise at this stage.

Check his rapsheet, this is kind of his thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

What a doublecross!

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

I know it doesn't have 5 in the title but I feel like this is going to basically be a mainline game anyway. It's literally being made by the team who did 1, 2, tri, and 4, 3/4 of which were console games. Maybe they just decided to drop the numbers for now because they didn't want to start dealing with the Final Fantasy problem.

Which they've already created for themselves in a different way, but still.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Saint Freak posted:

If we keep quoting this post enough times, Polygon will think it actually happened.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Squidtentacle posted:

I know it doesn't have 5 in the title but I feel like this is going to basically be a mainline game anyway. It's literally being made by the team who did 1, 2, tri, and 4, 3/4 of which were console games. Maybe they just decided to drop the numbers for now because they didn't want to start dealing with the Final Fantasy problem.

Which they've already created for themselves in a different way, but still.

imo they dropped the number so in case it bombs they can fast track an actual 5 that undoes whatever new things they're trying with world and write it off as a failed experiment they wont' do again

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hope that Monster Hunter World is the MH game I've always wanted, just a giant world to explore with a bunch of DLC. Though without the MMO/Grind elements of Frontier or whatever.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Finally, a monster hunter that doesn't have poo poo controls, archaic features like zones, or potato graphics.

We'll prolly get a decent match making system along with other features of a modern console that capcom has so far deftly avoided having to use because of their insistence on putting the game out exclusively on lovely handhelds (which I own solely to play MH on, god damnit).

Christ, they could make fully half the game swimming and I'd still buy it just for the lack of zones. But thankfully there is no swimming combat!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

It'll probably use the arrow keys to aim the bow on PC

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

I hope that Monster Hunter World is the MH game I've always wanted, just a giant world to explore with a bunch of DLC. Though without the MMO/Grind elements of Frontier or whatever.

In concept it does look exactly like what I thought MH would be when I watched the Tri trailer way back in the day. I just wish it was on Switch because I like everything to be portable now.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I love how we apparently never learn anything. Every iteration since 4 we've gone "it's not coming over, Crapcom does it again, Monster Hunter in the west is dead," and then they inevitably adhere to the same rough timeline that they always have with these games. XX hasn't even been out for three months yet in Japan, chill the hell out.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Squashing Machine posted:

I love how we apparently never learn anything. Every iteration since 4 we've gone "it's not coming over, Crapcom does it again, Monster Hunter in the west is dead," and then they inevitably adhere to the same rough timeline that they always have with these games. XX hasn't even been out for three months yet in Japan, chill the hell out.

For me, it's mostly that Capcom is stupid. There are very few games out on the Switch. Their BEST chance to get a nice attach rate on XX Switch Version in the West is to get it out as soon as possible.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Fellatio del Toro posted:

It'll probably use the arrow keys to aim the bow on PC

You shut your whore mouth

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've been looking at this and re-examining stuff about this game and... I'm not as down as I was on it last night. The visuals look a lot better than they first appeared on the stream and in truth we've seen very little.

I'm

Still not sure I like the new bowgun at all, though

But I'm willing to give this a chance and not let what the leaks said influence me, considering in retrospect there's a lot about them that doesn't hold up

So yeah, still super wary on this but I'm willing to wait and see

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MHW will let you choose your equipment but you'll only be able to use your weapon when you mount the monster's head or if you're using a bowgun. Also, you can only summon reinforcements when a Rathalos attacks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mouse aim will make guns more OP than they already are and if you thought powersaving scrubs were bad on 3ds just wait til pc lol

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Silver Falcon posted:

Same here! I still hope we get XX because I wanna rodeo monsters as a cat, drat it, but PC MonHun will be very nice.

I was really hoping for some XX localization news too. Still hoping they're going to release it as a sop for fans and to generate some interest for MonHun World before release.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

mouse aim will make guns more OP than they already are and if you thought powersaving scrubs were bad on 3ds just wait til pc lol
prayin 4 server side saves lmao yeah right

sephirothxxx is going to kill the kut ku and everyone will get 9999999 gold and insta rank to HR999 "you're welcome" he says as he leaves the server after you autosave

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

why i'm buying it on ps4 in a nutshell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm

Still not sure I like the new bowgun at all, though

To be fair, there's no indication one way or another that what was shown of the bow gun is not just a special attack or hunter art.

• Locked thread