Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
The English commentator they had didn't even bother with kayfabe. He was terrible. None of them sounded bothered, just two boring shits. Japanese commentary is better even if I don't know wtf they're saying

Also, since I have njpwworld now, can someone recommend me some Tana matches? I like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

The English commentator they had didn't even bother with kayfabe. He was terrible. None of them sounded bothered, just two boring shits. Japanese commentary is better even if I don't know wtf they're saying

Also, since I have njpwworld now, can someone recommend me some Tana matches? I like him
Watch ever Okada/Tanahashi match for starters.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

All of the Okada WK matches are must-watch.

Vs. Nakamura at 2015 G1 final
Vs. Okada and Ishii at last year's G1
Vs. Styles at 2014 King of Pro Wrestling
Vs. Shibata at 2014 Destruction in Kobe
Vs. Okada at 2013 KOPW (he wrestled Okada a million times but they're all great)
Vs. Suzuki at 2012 KOPW

That's just off the top of my head.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Cool cool thanks dudes

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Cody will become cool in 2018 somehow and everyone will be dickriding like Naito, even t hough he's the same

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Watch Tanahashi vs Karl Anderson from The New Beginning 2013. It was my MOTY for 2013.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone asking why they're not doing more inspiring Okada & Tanahashi matches in Long Beach needs to remember that the shows are already sold out.

Gotta save the big matches for their top guys for a time when they need to sell tickets.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Price Check posted:

Anyone asking why they're not doing more inspiring Okada & Tanahashi matches in Long Beach needs to remember that the shows are already sold out.

Gotta save the big matches for their top guys for a time when they need to sell tickets.

Not just that but they are 3,000 seats. The shows are getting better than a B show card. Some of the matches we already know are fantastic.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Not just that but they are 3,000 seats. The shows are getting better than a B show card. Some of the matches we already know are fantastic.

Yeah bucks vs RPG vice is going to be rad as always.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also Naito/Ishii, Omega/Elgin, ZSJ/Juice, and LIJ vs. the CMLL guys (which means more Hiromu/Dragon Lee). This is still a really good card even if the main events aren't what we expected.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Callis/Kelly have all the negatives of Corino/Kelly with none of the positives.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rewatching the Kenny Omega interview he did before the match and it stood out that he said he got a match without winning a tournament or beating a top guy. So I get the feeling his story is going to be him winning or placing high to set up the final match as a babyface chase

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The inverted bell curve of opinions on Kelly/Callis is pretty crazy to see.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Besides the Japan commentary occasionally gets Chono and if you don't listen to it I hear he slaps you

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

Watch Tanahashi vs Karl Anderson from The New Beginning 2013. It was my MOTY for 2013.
Mine too, and I think it holds up to tons of the NJPW main events. Probably one of my favorite 5 matches of the last 5 years.

e: Extremely overlooked and under-rated compared to the NJPW main shows the last 6 years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

This, but Kenny instead.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

This, but Kenny instead.

Last year's G1 match with Naito was his best one before the Okada series. He also had a bunch of great matches with KUSHIDA, Elgin and Goto, plus his trios work alongside the Bucks is always top-notch.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Since the interface is still lol I find Lariato's handy hotlink to must watch New Japan match a great tool -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit#gid=0

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

VJeff posted:

This, but Kenny instead.

Other than the obvious G1 stuff, his old pre-cleaner match with Devitt is good. I might be in the minority, but I really liked his match with Alex Shelley too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Last year's G1 match with Naito was his best one before the Okada series. He also had a bunch of great matches with KUSHIDA, Elgin and Goto, plus his trios work alongside the Bucks is always top-notch.

The Naito match was great but I liked the Final with Goto a touch more just for the call backs. Also probably will be the best Goto match ever.

To get the full Kenny experience you need to get DDT world for his Kota series which is also real good

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

MassRafTer posted:

The inverted bell curve of opinions on Kelly/Callis is pretty crazy to see.

Yeah good call. I loved their performance. The span of opinions is interesting here.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Benne posted:

The G1 semi and G1 final are both mandatory, but I want to emphasize the Goto match because I think it shows how truly great he is to get that kind of match out of a guy known to be hit and miss. Agree on Elgin. Also the Ishii match from this year is killer.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
If you didn't like Cyrus' call of 'that goddamn drop kick!' at the 59 minute mark, then gently caress you.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sigmachiev posted:

The G1 semi and G1 final are both mandatory, but I want to emphasize the Goto match because I think it shows how truly great he is to get that kind of match out of a guy known to be hit and miss. Agree on Elgin. Also the Ishii match from this year is killer.

True, I probably underrate that match because Goto does nothing for me, but it's absolutely worth watching.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Mine too, and I think it holds up to tons of the NJPW main events. Probably one of my favorite 5 matches of the last 5 years.

e: Extremely overlooked and under-rated compared to the NJPW main shows the last 6 years.

I've never seen a match where there was 0% chance of a title change that made me more sure I was going to see a title change even though I knew it was impossible.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Besides the Japan commentary occasionally gets Chono and if you don't listen to it I hear he slaps you

Only after you stall for 10 minutes first

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

RealFoxy posted:

I remember posting here right after that match happened that we needed to start talking about Karl Anderson being a legit top 10 worker in the world. It was really drat great. For one night at least he was up there to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is it Tanga Roa or Tanga Loa? The English commentators were calling him Loa the whole night but I've always thought it was Roa since thats what his key says

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

here comes the spunk posted:

Only after you stall for 10 minutes first

I love it when Suzuki was punking Liger at the table he just walked past Chono and like wanted no part of him (Some may say it's because he's retired, but deep down we know Suzuki fears the slap)

SalTheBard posted:

Is it Tanga Roa or Tanga Loa? The English commentators were calling him Loa the whole night but I've always thought it was Roa since thats what his key says

I think it's one of those cases where's spelled Roa but when spoken it comes out sounding as Loa. Much like how Patrick Roy's name is pronounced.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I love it when Suzuki was punking Liger at the table he just walked past Chono and like wanted no part of him (Some may say it's because he's retired, but deep down we know Suzuki fears the slap)

I think it's one of those cases where's spelled Roa but when spoken it comes out sounding as Loa. Much like how Patrick Roy's name is pronounced.

Or Rennan Baro being called "Hennan" or Royce Gracie being "Hoyce". I can live with that.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

Or Rennan Baro being called "Hennan" or Royce Gracie being "Hoyce". I can live with that.

Tanga Hoea

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I've never seen a match where there was 0% chance of a title change that made me more sure I was going to see a title change even though I knew it was impossible.
It was the absolute best Cinderella story / underdong match. Nobody thought he was going to win, but that match was so gravitational.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Got a stupid question I forgot to ask earlier

In the Okada/Omega match half way through it or something the Young Bucks started tapping the Terminator 2 theme on the mat. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

That one

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Seems like the reason Cody and Gunn are in the main events is so Tana and Okada can win and stick it to WWE on US soil. No way are either of them going over.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

In the Okada/Omega match half way through it or something the Young Bucks started tapping the Terminator 2 theme on the mat. Why?

That one

It's a crowd thing like tuning up the band or 3D3d3D3d. The three of them do it for dives.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

That one

I couldn't tell you where it started, but Kenny's been doing some Terminator imagery for a while now. I think these are both from the Omega vs. Okada I. Maybe it grew out of that?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the bucks definitely did the terminator thing at okada/omega I to cheer kenny on. and his pre-match video thing was basically a re-shoot of the opening scene of terminator.

i guess big match kenny is the terminator? i dunno, but his look for the okada matches is cool as hell, so sure run with it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He's been doing the Terminator dive for a while now. I think he was even doing it during his less than stellar Junior Heavyweight run, it only really caught on with the crowds more recently though. The forearm chainsaw thing did not catch on. He still carrying a broom, I cant remember if I've seen it on him recently?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Like the Terminator he never wins in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
the forearm chainsaw is a secret move that he only uses against taguchi

• Locked thread