Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/874675158086275072
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/874671375163830274
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/874668971278127104
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/874677561913114624
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/874657741847105536
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/874684365309173760
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/874684090330566661
https://twitter.com/monkeycageblog/status/874680563382329346

Also things mattering?
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/874684040221265920

:lol:
https://twitter.com/JaySekulow/status/874681282051145729
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/874683813661732864

Also Uber is going down after Holder went through the C-levels with a flamethrower.

quote:

On Sunday, Uber’s board met for nearly seven hours and said it unanimously voted to adopt all of the recommendations in Mr. Holder’s report.
https://www.susanjfowler.com/blog/2017/2/19/reflecting-on-one-very-strange-year-at-uber

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/874674996638920705

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

The Dems may be hedging their bets that letting the AHCA pass will be a key part of mounting a massive wave in 2018.

In the short term it will kill and hurt a lot of people, but if it's the difference between them taking or not taking the house and the Senate it may be a necessary evil.

Just no, the Dems should not be using people's health care as a gambling chip. Fight it bitterly, and when it passes, continue fighting until it is fixed.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Just no, the Dems should not be using people's health care as a gambling chip. Fight it bitterly, and when it passes, continue fighting until it is fixed.

Plus a record of strong opposition to something that turns out to be terrible and unpopular can only help Democrats.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

The Dems may be hedging their bets that letting the AHCA pass will be a key part of mounting a massive wave in 2018.

In the short term it will kill and hurt a lot of people, but if it's the difference between them taking or not taking the house and the Senate it may be a necessary evil.

I'm not seeing that they have a way to stop the passage, only slow down when it is passed, which wouldn't have an effect on when it is implemented.

And if I understand things correctly, the only way to slow it down is to completely shut down the Senate, which would also stop any public hearings on Russia.

Is there something that I'm missing?

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

You seem to think they respresent you. They don't. They represent a vested power interest

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

They can't stop it, and coming up with bizarre theories about how they secretly want it to pass, which can be the only explanation for why they don't do something is Ted Cruz/Tea Party level conspiracy bullshit.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Sinteres posted:

They can't stop it, and coming up with bizarre conspiracy theories about how they secretly want it to pass, which can be the only explanation for why they don't do something is Ted Cruz/Tea Party level conspiracy bullshit.

Also this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Congressional republicans would be doing literally everything they are trying to do and much more even if it was Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, whoever in place of Trump. In fact they'd be far more successful at everything because they wouldn't be shackled to the human lightning rod that is Trump. The fact that they are running into so many difficulties is a testament to how many people loving hate Trump and are now also hating them too.

So yes things matter.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This. Right here. You do not keep your powder dry for an issue like this. We are literally talking about the difference between life and death for some people.

Will it hurt their electoral chances? No, but that's not why they should fight this bill. I'd prefer at least one party with a loving soul.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Serfer posted:

Don't pizza shame
Rotting Pizza Dough, dude. Still, sorry. :blush:

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
The Dems can't "let" them pass it, that phrasing assumes they have any power at all here

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

TARDISman posted:

What did Truman end up doing to get that high?

Truman also attempted to basically seize a bunch of privately owned steel mills when the steel Union threatened a general strike. The SCOTUS stepped in and ruled that he couldn't do that, which made Truman look power hungry and incompetent. (I'd argue that he was neither but public opinion is public opinion).

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

You seem to think they respresent you. They don't. They represent a vested power interest

Oh, you're a moron. Okay. One more for the ignore list.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

sean10mm posted:

If nothing matters, why don't you kill yourself and end your pain? And also ours while you're at it! It's a win-win!

Don't be silly. We are witnessing history and it will be both very interesting and exciting to see how America collapses. Civil war? Nukes? A slow decline into a shadow of its current self like Great Britain, or even into an irrelevant banana republic?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Don't be silly. We are witnessing history and it will be both very interesting and exciting to see how America collapses. Civil war? Nukes? A slow decline into a shadow of its current self like Great Britain, or even into an irrelevant banana republic?

How about you stop posting then? We can all pretend you are indeed dead, and we get the best of both worlds.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

yay another victim of the now-established russian psyop campaign

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

Shut up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Senate Democrats could stop the bill. They just have to convince four Senate Republicans to get in one of their cars and then drive off a cliff.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The Senate Democrats could stop the bill. They just have to convince four Senate Republicans to get in one of their cars and then drive off a cliff.

Let's be fair, I'm sure Senate Democrats have been trying to convince Cruz and Cornyn to do this for years.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Would russian trolls really pay $10 to post on our dying comedy forum? I think we would at least have some fun with them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hmm. so the GOP is either placating the tea hadists or giving into them. also what was holders investigation into Uber. i know they are loving terrible but i havent heard details.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Let's be fair, I'm sure the entire Senate has been trying to convince Cruz to do this for years.

FTFY

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Congressional republicans would be doing literally everything they are trying to do and much more even if it was Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, whoever in place of Trump. In fact they'd be far more successful at everything because they wouldn't be shackled to the human lightning rod that is Trump. The fact that they are running into so many difficulties is a testament to how many people loving hate Trump and are now also hating them too.

So yes things matter.

Everything hasn't been instantly fixed so everything will be terrible forever. Thus, it follows that our only rational response is to be histrionic on the internet about how HOPELESS we feel, as if the louder a pissbaby we are the better and smarter and more woke it makes us.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

honestly its either 1 or 3. probaly 3. we are headed the way of roman republic, but idk it it will be a complete fall or just turn into some empire.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

What was this? Seems like it went down almost immediately.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/874688561316073472

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hmm. so the GOP is either placating the tea hadists or giving into them. also what was holders investigation into Uber. i know they are loving terrible but i havent heard details.

I edited my post to add this; here's a good read on one woman's experience:
https://www.susanjfowler.com/blog/2017/2/19/reflecting-on-one-very-strange-year-at-uber

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Live stream has started: http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-jeff-sessions-testifies-before-the-senate-intelligence-committee-live-stream/

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They stole a rape victims medical records so they could prove she was lying about being raped by an Uber driver.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The Sexual Harrassment issues and the fact that Uber is bleeding money and talent.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Any word on whether the President will tweet during Session's testimony? This isn't quite the superbowl that Comey was set up to be, but I don't mind watching what I imagine is the first game of the playoffs. I don't know anything about sports but I'm 90% sure that metaphor isn't mixed.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Wow, such urgency.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I am sure this is old old old but this website is hilarious:

https://projects.propublica.org/politwoops/user/realDonaldTrump

It's just a list of all the tweets trump has deleted.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

LaserShark posted:

What was this? Seems like it went down almost immediately.

He announced he was going on Fox and Friends to discuss the Lies Comey Said. It might have been Hannity.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 13, 2017

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Basically, after a high ranking female dev left the company and posted a long blog post about how sexist the company is, Uber took a lot of heat so they decided to hire Eric Holder and a couple other former prosecutors to go through the company and audit it. It turns out that shockingly, it was a boys club filled with lots of discrimination and just a cesspool for anyone that wasn't male. I think their CTO has an open investigation for sexual harassment from his time at Google. The CEO sent out an incredibly misogynistic email before a company party. Just the definition of "brogrammer culture" and now they basically have no C level employees left after the CEO today decided to "take a leave of absence."

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

They have no way of stopping it. If they could, they would. It's no more calculated than I am for allowing the sun to rise tomorrow.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Cheekio posted:

Any word on whether the President will tweet during Session's testimony? This isn't quite the superbowl that Comey was set up to be, but I don't mind watching what I imagine is the first game of the playoffs. I don't know anything about sports but I'm 90% sure that metaphor isn't mixed.

They have him in the pretend warroom playing a wire frame version of missile command to occupy his attention.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Cheekio posted:

Well, they sat on him for Comey, so they may do the same thing today. Probably not worth reporting it even if he will; there were reports that he might tweet during Comey, and afterwards I saw people use the argument 'SEE HE DIDN'T TWEET FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS'.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Far too many individual things to list but it's a horribly toxic workplace full of fratboy assholes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RevKrule posted:

Basically, after a high ranking female dev left the company and posted a long blog post about how sexist the company is, Uber took a lot of heat so they decided to hire Eric Holder and a couple other former prosecutors to go through the company and audit it. It turns out that shockingly, it was a boys club filled with lots of discrimination and just a cesspool for anyone that wasn't male. I think their CTO has an open investigation for sexual harassment from his time at Google. The CEO sent out an incredibly misogynistic email before a company party. Just the definition of "brogrammer culture" and now they basically have no C level employees left after the CEO today decided to "take a leave of absence."

lol. sounds about right. glad they are burning down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Hellblazer187 posted:

They have no way of stopping it. If they could, they would. It's no more calculated than I am for allowing the sun to rise tomorrow.

If there was ever a time to play politics and do something just to look good now is the time.

• Locked thread