Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not really an in depth fighting game style person. I understand and sympathize with the concerns people have here.

But there is nothing that will stop me from playing the first game with a playable Mega Man X in it for the first time in ten years.

I'm sure it'll be fine as far as what I want to get out of it goes.

Lol this is exactly why he was the first character they revealed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay? I guess that's unfortunate.

But I'm also a man dying of thirst re: one of his favorite video game characters of all time so

My priorities are different.

Captain Baal posted:

Lol this is exactly why he was the first character they revealed

I'm pretty sure I'd have this stance if he were 1st or if he were 13th or whatever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My dude, they put that motherfucker in the game solely because they knew some nerds would buy it just because they were so desperate for Megaman anything especially X that they could get some easy good will off of doing that. It clearly is working since you and a good number of dorks are buying the game for this one character who isn't represented well in this game. He's represented better in Project X Zone than he is in this stupid game where he has one of the worst looking character models and a terrible voice.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not really seeing anything that doesn't feel X-like.

I guess I'm part of the problem. I'm willing to admit that I'm not looking at it with much depth as a fighting game fan here. But as an X fan I don't really see anything I have a problem with.

Like I said, I respect why you guys are taking issue with it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not really seeing anything that doesn't feel X-like.

I guess I'm part of the problem. I'm willing to admit that I'm not looking at it with much depth as a fighting game fan here. But as an X fan I don't really see anything I have a problem with.

Like I said, I respect why you guys are taking issue with it.

Just to be clear this is not me trying to dissuade you from buying the game, you do you on that front. But X's model is stiff as poo poo. His face is an unemotional plate with eyes on it. They pulled everything from pretty much just X1 with the exception of like his lv3 and called it a day. His voice sucks and sounds like a 14-year old kid going through puberty, which idk how you can like that at all. Meanwhile back in MVC3, most of Zero's movelist is pulled from a shitton of the separate megaman x games including ones he had as a boss fight, he charges his buster while moving, and he even dies like he does in the X games. I'm not saying this poo poo is necessary to play a fighting game or even enjoy one, but if you really love this character that much you are really settling for a pretty mediocre version of him because they don't even do something as simple as give him the death animation he has that Zero probably will because Zero seems like a bunch of reused assets as well. There's like no love in any of this game or even the characters and X stands out a lot since he is one of the only new capcom characters so far and they put less effort into him than Capcom did a side character from his games 6 years ago. You probably also shouldn't be happy to see the character you like in a really lovely video game, but that's neither here nor there.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Re: the voice acting for X, I... don't really think it's that bad? Especially compared to the voice they gave him in X4 and Mark "I AM ALWAYS YELLING" Gatha.

He's no Takahiro Sakurai but he's the best english VA X has ever had.

Also X1 is where most of the iconic stuff about X comes from, so again, I don't really see much issue there. The most notable stuff for him from other games is the Ultimate Armor, and he has that here. Everything else isn't really as memorable or iconic, to be honest.

There's a reason why most tie-in stuff goes for X as he appears in X1, really. MVCI is hardly unique in that regard.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Please don't buy this game. Please please please do not buy this game. I was originally gonna buy it out of morbid curiosity, but this game is a fuckin disgrace and I cannot buy it even to satisfy my perverse nature. It is a terrible video game that does nothing it represents justice and Capcom is gonna try to sell you a 30 dollar season pass with the characters you may actually want in it.

The salt is real itt

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/NorayOnline/status/874602095118360579

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 13, 2017

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

holy poo poo its megaman x, here's $60

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Literally buy DBZ Fighters instead of this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Top 17 HILARIOUS mug shots!!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Why is Chun Li such a creepy baby doll!? :stare:

The game looks like it plays fine but man, the actual look of it is just so unpolished and unnerving.

E: I don't know if this was discussed, but Zero wasn't on any of the leak lists, was he? Does this destroy all of those?

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 13, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah this is depressing. Watching people play the demo sealed the deal for me and yeah just not going to buy it. It's clear after sf5 and now this that they absolutely have no idea what they're doing. If this manages to move any copies it's gonna be off megaman X and MCU stuff alone probably.

SF5 sold like poo poo and the word of mouth is already formulating on this game as well. I guess all the budget went towards the new monster hunter or something.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

People who downloaded the game off of JP PSN have already found infinites.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Partial Octopus posted:

Well yeah, it's a main feature of the game. It's right in the title!

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Suspicious Cook posted:

E: I don't know if this was discussed, but Zero wasn't on any of the leak lists, was he? Does this destroy all of those?

Ryce's list had one spot missing on the Capcom side, which is probably Zero. Everything on his list lines up with what we've seen so far and he's given accurate information in the past, so I'm pretty sure his roster is correct.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the demo is loving bad. story mode poo poo looks embarrassing. all the dialogue is just like:
"Mind if I use your guns, DANTE?"
"Anything for you, ROCKET"
"Hello, CHRIS REDFIELD"

Gameplay itself feels bad. I felt dashing was as if a magnetic force was holding me back they were so weak. I dont remember moves like Spencer's grabs being SO negative on block or whiff; a lot of Thor's moves were like that too in the demo and leads me to believe both will get stuffed. Movement in general just felt like a hosed up version of KOF mashed with MVC---it doesn't work. You can't charge X busters, either. The list just goes on but man this felt and looked like dogshit. Having the balls to put out this demo after DBFighterZ was on display is mindblowing.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
This game will sell poo poo because capcom couldn't market a free blowjob machine and it will still sell about 1000 times as many copies as the DBZ game does.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Fellblade posted:

This game will sell poo poo because capcom couldn't market a free blowjob machine and it will still sell about 1000 times as many copies as the DBZ game does.

Xenoverse 2 sold 1.5 million copies in the first month, so I highly doubt your assertion.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well, I have no doubts this game will sell at least 10 copies. Is that par for the course?

We gotta ask Capcom for that one.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
edit: nvm :D

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Partial Octopus posted:

how do they know its a true infinite if all the demo enemies die in 1 combo

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Fellblade posted:

People, especially the FGC, love DBZ

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gologle posted:

People, especially the FGC, love DBZ

as a black nerd i can tell we love some dragonbawl :v:

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

You can't move around with X while charging buster!!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fellblade posted:

you have no loving idea what you're talking about here friend (except for the thing about capcom being complete utter failures to market their games, I agree on that)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

pissdude posted:

You can't move around with X while charging buster!!!

this completely blows my mind

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

How hard can one person blatantly shill

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
why would they add a universal projectile reflect

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Countblanc posted:

why would they add a universal projectile reflect

think about all of the anti fireball v skills and poo poo they did to SF5. Capcom HATES fireballs and they HATE dps

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/874712994109767680

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

no bubble no buy

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thanos isn't smiling. Sorry, no thanks.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

pissdude posted:

You can't even move while charging your mega buster in this game with X. They managed to gently caress even THAT up.

No loving way

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Filipino champ is the villain this game deserves

cams
Mar 28, 2003

literally posting about what other people think about a fighting game

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Can you really not move while charging the buster

cams posted:

literally posting about what other people think about a fighting game

posting about people's impressions of the game in the thread about the game? Madness

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Zelder posted:

Can you really not move while charging the buster

posting about people's impressions of the game in the thread about the game? Madness

it's standard fireball motion to do buster shot with X, and when you charge it you're locked into staying still for the duration of the charge. if you start charging it in the air and don't shoot by the time you land you just lose the charge completely and don't even shoot, you just return to neutral lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

pissdude posted:

it's standard fireball motion to do buster shot with X, and when you charge it you're locked into staying still for the duration of the charge. if you start charging it in the air and don't shoot by the time you land you just lose the charge completely and don't even shoot, you just return to neutral lol

What the gently caress

Is someone holding capcom at gun point and forcing them to self sabotage

• Locked thread