Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Have you seen Shin Godzilla? 85% of his body is thigh meat.

Image for the lazy. Lookit them thicc thighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
drat girl, you thicker than a Snicker.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Shin is a design that works really goddamn great from a lot of angles

Straight on is not one of those angles. Myspace angles man! Use the myspace angles!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Burkion posted:

Straight on is not one of those angles. Myspace angles man! Use the myspace angles!

I thought the tail of Shin Godzilla was always pretty fuckin' weird looking. Never seemed to be a part of its body.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Does Shin Godzilla do a spinning bird kick?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Does Shin Godzilla do a spinning bird kick?

Shin Godzilla doesn't need to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbSrFIwYm5Q

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I still need to see Shin G

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Haha holy poo poo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think I got killed by that in Bloodborne.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That entire city destruction scene was balls to the wall loving incredible. AND IT KEPT ESCALATING!!!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
So Spider-Man is facetiming in the new film because facetiming is hot!! Kids love facetiming! What else is hot right now? Oh yeah ...

https://twitter.com/THollandChina/status/872280702275821568

Whoever's running the promo campaign for Spider-Man: Homecoming paid an artist to create Spidey versions of popular memes and are releasing them via Twitter and Pinterest and 9gag. Shameful.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Have they recreated Spider-Man's "look at all these fucks I don't give" yet?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why? That's fun. It's ok, it's just silly little drawrings.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Burkion posted:

Yeah, it kinda looks like a big ol' shriveled up ballsack in that picture.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Whoever's running the promo campaign for Spider-Man: Homecoming paid an artist to create Spidey versions of popular memes and are releasing them via Twitter and Pinterest and 9gag. Shameful.

This is actually brilliant. Its like futureproofing your brand. Its like tricking people into advertising for you.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

So Spider-Man is facetiming in the new film because facetiming is hot!! Kids love facetiming! What else is hot right now? Oh yeah ...

What's facetiming? Is that some kind of sex thing?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is actually brilliant. Its like futureproofing your brand. Its like tricking people into advertising for you.

Well, eventually tricking people, they're paying people to post it initially. Their Facebook outlet seems to the the UniLad page which is a "content provider" web presence company with 17 million followers which is also pimping Baywatch and The Mummy pretty hard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's just video chat. Being in facetine isn't some "look at how young and hip" thing. Literally everybody does it. Your Grandma does it. Babies do it. Usually with grandmas.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I have to agree on the Facetime thing. It'd be like getting mad at Spider-man for having a smartphone at all.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah I have to agree on the Facetime thing. It'd be like getting mad at Spider-man for having a smartphone at all.

It's kinda hilarious that Snowglobe outed himself as an old curmudgeon by calling a basic feature of modern phones "that hot new thing kids are doing"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I was making a reference to that leaked Sony email trying to figure out how to make Spider-Man appeal to Millennials. Looks like Snapchat isn't quite as popular as it was so they switched to Facetime

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Goons have officially reached the age threshold where they transition from "Look how out of date these internet memes are! These hackers depicted in the movie are comical! Old people don't get it!" to "Goddamn kids! WHEN I WAS A KID our movie product tie-ins were dignified! The Talk-Boy had class! loving YOUTHS!"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
.... the Talk-Boy did have class... :(

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

.... the Talk-Boy did have class... :(

You could convince your parents that the recording in the other room was you!*

*Only applicable if your parent had tinnitus or early onset dementia.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You could convince your parents that the recording in the other room was you!*

*Only applicable if your parent had tinnitus or early onset dementia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9wgzUSsE_Y

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Looks like Snapchat isn't quite as popular as it was...

Nahhhh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Holy poo poo I had one of those.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:smith: I always wanted one of those.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm oddly pessimistic about this Spiderman film and I'm not sure why. I don't like the costume for starters and could do with a little less Stark tech. The action scenes I've seen look the same old same old. From the trailers, I feel like I've seen the whole movie already. Only thing that really caught my attention was Keaton because Keaton is always great.

Holland was pretty great in CW I'll admit but this is the first time I haven't been hyped for a Spiderman movie.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Eh I don't blame you, it's the second reboot in 5 years and they're again going for the "Peter is an awkward kid in high school just trying to figure things out" angle again. I am looking forward to some of the other elements aside from that (new MJ, Keaton, Ganke, integration into the greater MCU hopefully) but there is so much to the Spider-Man story that they just refuse to really utilize.

Also if we flash back to the Uncle Ben death my eyes are going to roll right out of my skull.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

At least he was a teenager when they filmed the thing so it won't be as odd as having 30+ year olds playing children.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never saw the Amazing Spider-Man movies. I just was largely over it. I keep meaning to getting around to seeing them but there's no sense of urgency to it.

I'm a MCU fan so I'm interested in seeing him fit into the world at large. I'm not too worried about repeating stuff since they seem to have bypassed all the origin stuff pre-Civil War and seem to be deliberately avoiding any of common ground with MJ, Gwen, or the Osbornes. So it seems like they're trying to do something at least a little different. And I enjoyed Holland in Civil War and the stuff I've seen since, so I'm game.

And eventually I'll get around to seeing Garfield's Spider-Man. I guess. I'm sure eventually I'll find some DVD with both movies on sale for $5 or something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Guy A. Person posted:

Eh I don't blame you, it's the second reboot in 5 years and they're again going for the "Peter is an awkward kid in high school just trying to figure things out" angle again. I am looking forward to some of the other elements aside from that (new MJ, Keaton, Ganke, integration into the greater MCU hopefully) but there is so much to the Spider-Man story that they just refuse to really utilize.

Also if we flash back to the Uncle Ben death my eyes are going to roll right out of my skull.

It's okay, Peter's getting a new Uncle Tony.

That's one of the things that has me most interested in Homecoming. I'm very curious what they'll do with the idea of a wiser, sadder Tony acting as a mentor to a new superhero. I can see a lot of mileage in perhaps the most deeply and pervasively flawed Avenger trying to shape a new hero into a better person than he was, teach him to avoid the same mistakes Tony made.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Cythereal posted:

I'm very curious what they'll do with the idea of a wiser, sadder Tony acting as a mentor to a new superhero. I can see a lot of mileage in perhaps the most deeply and pervasively flawed Avenger trying to shape a new hero into a better person than he was, teach him to avoid the same mistakes Tony made.

Bud I've got terrible news. Tony is going to be the same wisecracking rear end in a top hat he always is. 95% of his dialogue will be arrogant joking and then he'll stop every once in a while and toss in something profound/emotional. Guarantee you this movie ends with some variant of him saying "That'll do, pig" to Spider-Man after Parker gets cut loose and still managed to beat the Vulture.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 14, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Bud I've got terrible news. Tony is going to be the same wisecracking rear end in a top hat he always is. 95% of his dialogue will be arrogant joking and then he'll stop every once in a while and toss in something profound/emotional. Guarantee you this movie ends with some variant of him saying "That'll do, pig" to Spider-Man after Parker gets cut loose and still managed to beat the Vulture.

That's what I'm afraid of, yes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I am glad that Happy apparently exists again.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cythereal posted:

I'm very curious what they'll do with the idea of a wiser, sadder Tony acting as a mentor to a new superhero.

Very little, presumably. According to leaks, Stark's only in the movie for about 15 - 20 minutes (though Happy's in it quite a bit more).

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

STAC Goat posted:

I never saw the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

And eventually I'll get around to seeing Garfield's Spider-Man.

I enjoyed both of them. ASM1 more than 2 but I'm way way in the minority on that opinion.

The thing that made it for me was Emma Stone was really good, I liked Garfiled better than Toby and the romance part didn't drag it down for a change. Their relationship and the tension between them generated by Peter being Spiderman felt real and earned. The costume in ASM2 is sheer perfection and that film had some tremendous action sequences amidst an admittedly over convoluted plot. I liked the cast better overall too, right down to the supporting members (Sheen, Field, Leary, Giamatti) and felt they all delivered great performances with a somewhat wobbly script and some janky editing.

ASM1 is my favorite Spiderman movie but I liked IM2 and MoS too so everyone knows I have lovely taste sometimes but I don't think anyone can rightly call Webb's movies absolute poo poo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BiggerBoat posted:

ASM1 more than 2 but I'm way way in the minority on that opinion.

I don't think you're going to find very many people who like the second more than the first.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Timby posted:

I don't think you're going to find very many people who like the second more than the first.

The music in the second is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Timby posted:

I did, mostly for the scene where Spider-Man helps a kid with his science project, the car battery experiments, the best live action costume, and Sally Fields as a loving awesome Aunt May.

Everything else was hit and miss for both films though.

• Locked thread