Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

good luck always getting that weapon you spent 100 hours practicing with before you die

You're like the kid who thinks you need to practice with every type of ball and at different inflations, instead of practicing the motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

amotea posted:

While we're at it: "PlayerUnknown" is a loving narcissistic shithead and the title of the game shouldn't have his name in it.

He did it because he wanted to call the game Battlegrounds but didn't want to be sued for it.

amotea posted:

It's the most pretentious poo poo I've seen in a while.
Since Civilization 6?

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - I'm going to guess you weren't exactly first pick in sports.

On a different topic, have they announced anything about the server performance patch that is supposed to come out this month? Firing ranges and practice be damned I just want to stop dying when I'm behind cover on my screen.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
can we get less baby shitposting about the game and more actual gameplay stories?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Audax posted:

It's like some of you dweebs never practiced a sport in your life. Jesus Christ you pencilneck nerds don't understand the whole point of specific deliberate practice to improve one aspect of your game

Holy poo poo

Devs have already confirmed a training mode/firing range is coming, don't you feel dumb now?

It's the stupid idea that you need custom servers to use as a training mode and get better instead of just playing. The people who are concerned about a training mode are scared to fire the guns in game anyway.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think a gun training range would be a good thing, but being able to shoot gun is the least part of being good at this game

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
People don't play this game, they just troll this thread to blabber about their retarded poo poo.. Isn't it time for berry chat again?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceBanditos posted:

People don't play this game, they just troll this thread to blabber about their retarded poo poo.. Isn't it time for berry chat again?

if you eat enough berries maybe you'll get the motion of clicking mouse button down

seriously someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but the best way to 'git gud'(with the shooting) is to land on military or some other high loot busy area and keep doing that until you can reliably come out on top every single time.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i think a gun training range would be a good thing, but being able to shoot gun is the least part of being good at this game

That's like the most important thing. You'll win a lot more games by killing people and taking their good poo poo then by trying to hide and hoping you come across good poo poo.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hey remember that time Goku bought got that time chamber and was able to train more than others? Total cheater. Goku should be removed from the history books.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ayyy, first ever win, probably my last but i'm pretty happy right now. Helped the dude stood up and started shooting the corpse of the guy whom i shot 30 seconds before, thinking it was me and kindly giving me his position.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

ThePeavstenator posted:

Shooting tips:

-only use full auto if you're in a situation where 3rd person spraying is what you want to do
-your bullets are faster than you think so don't lead people by too much
-use map to dial in optics, the lightest gridlines are 100 meter intervals

Grimmmz goes full auto first person on a regular basis at reasonable distances that most people wouldn't even attempt. It's possible if you practice enough to be able to hit them with accuracy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hamelekim posted:

Grimmmz goes full auto first person on a regular basis at reasonable distances that most people wouldn't even attempt. It's possible if you practice enough to be able to hit them with accuracy.

Yeah and most people are not Grimmz so don't do that. Or at least don't do it until you way past the point where you are requesting tips on a forum.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah and most people are not Grimmz so don't do that. Or at least don't do it until you way past the point where you are requesting tips on a forum.

I used to use full-auto with rifles most of the time because "I can control it and fire in bursts."

Now I only use it if I'm clearing a building and don't have an SMG/shotgun. I would say your SMG should always be in full-auto though.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/874691459886100480

zzzzzzzzzz

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I legit don't understand the gripe about training. If you want to practice shooting, just drop early on the highest loot spot near the start of the plane route and pick up a weapon and start shooting. You're not gonna run out of ammo. Either you kill people and keep going, or you die and start again. It takes like a minute to get into a new game, which is as long as it takes the ARMA 3 practice range to load (which btw is the closest thing to what you idiots are asking for). The only weapons you won't be easily getting by just dropping instantly is the M24, the AWM and the M249. The M249 is just a SCAR with a really extended mag and the M24 and AWM can be practiced using a KAR98 no problem.

If you want to go pro, practicing one specific aspect is literally a worse use of your time than practicing every aspect at the same time, since shooting is like 10-20% of the game anyway.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

The Mash posted:

I legit don't understand the gripe about training. If you want to practice shooting, just drop early on the highest loot spot near the start of the plane route and pick up a weapon and start shooting. You're not gonna run out of ammo. Either you kill people and keep going, or you die and start again. It takes like a minute to get into a new game, which is as long as it takes the ARMA 3 practice range to load (which btw is the closest thing to what you idiots are asking for). The only weapons you won't be easily getting by just dropping instantly is the M24, the AWM and the M249. The M249 is just a SCAR with a really extended mag and the M24 and AWM can be practiced using a KAR98 no problem.

If you want to go pro, practicing one specific aspect is literally a worse use of your time than practicing every aspect at the same time, since shooting is like 10-20% of the game anyway.

Are you trolling? "You're not gonna run out of ammo"??? Seriously??? Yeah let me run around collecting 90 rounds of 5.56 so I can practice my full auto for approx. 4 seconds. Wow!!!! I seriously don't get how you goons don't understand that that "one minute" of time it takes to get into game, means a minute of match making, a minute or two of flying, 5 minutes of looting, if you're lucky, for 5 seconds of practice. Streamers get a huge head up with customizable custom games where they don't have to worry about any of that, and it's bullshit.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Big Streaming has taken it too far

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
have any streamers actually done that on stream?

streamers are probably just better than you because they play the game all day, the actual game not in some custom server shooting 5.56 into a wall a million times

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I'm with you that it would be cool to have a gun range to practice in, but when you rant about streamers having a huge advantage because they can make custom servers you sound like someone who is about to warn me about the dangers of fluoridation. Streamers get really good at the game because it is their job. They get good by playing three times as much as you do every day, not by making a custom game and saying "ok be my target practice".

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

most streamers aren't even that good

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Christ I hope someone talks some sense into them over this. Zombies have been the easily been the worst part about any of these DayZ-like games I've played.

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

Are you trolling? "You're not gonna run out of ammo"??? Seriously??? Yeah let me run around collecting 90 rounds of 5.56 so I can practice my full auto for approx. 4 seconds. Wow!!!! I seriously don't get how you goons don't understand that that "one minute" of time it takes to get into game, means a minute of match making, a minute or two of flying, 5 minutes of looting, if you're lucky, for 5 seconds of practice. Streamers get a huge head up with customizable custom games where they don't have to worry about any of that, and it's bullshit.

Honest question, why do you care so much about "being able to practice"? This game is in early access, meaning your stats will 100% be wiped at least once before it fully comes out. It will probably also still be in early access when custom games open up to everyone, meaning you are complaining for nothing.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

I don't care about stats dude, I want to play at my peak performance and that requires a high return on investment from practicing small units of skill.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Babe Magnet posted:

most streamers aren't even that good

Who would watch a streamer who was bad at the game? I watch to learn and to be entertained. Bad players are not entertaining.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Danyull posted:

Christ I hope someone talks some sense into them over this. Zombies have been the easily been the worst part about any of these DayZ-like games I've played.

I could see zombies being cool if they implement a new game mode where you have to get to a point on the map quickly and defend it for X amount of time. As it stands now, I don't see the point at all.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just want to practice so I can be efficient whines the guy who apparently just won't play the game and practice getting good because that's not efficient enough.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Yeah, I have a job. A job means I want to use my free time effectively. Sorry.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I always figured people liked spending free time having fun actually playing a game rather than making density cloud graphs of where their gun is likely to spray.

Danyull fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 13, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I, too, like to spend my free time practicing a video game instead of actually playing it.

(There should totally be a firing range in the game though, it's kind of ridiculous it's taking this long.)

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Ok guys we're doing scheduled snaking practice on the discord every day at 20:00 CST. Please check the Doodle link in the OP to sign up for these practice sessions.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I was in a squad game yesterday but I forgot I had an appointment so I had to leave so I dropped all my stuff and ran ahead of my team as bait and I ended up punching a guy to death in the final 12 players.

E: so I picked up his stuff and brought it to my team and ran off again and nearly punched another guy but he wasn't quite as bad.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Wake me up when they finally add dinosaur training

Shockules
May 2, 2017
Most people here have a job or some other commitments, and we aren't going loving nuts about not being able to optimize our play time. It's a good drat game, just play it or don't. It's very simple.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Shockules posted:

Most people here have a job or some other commitments, and we aren't going loving nuts about not being able to optimize our play time. It's a good drat game, just play it or don't. It's very simple.

This and also I am relatively very skilled at this game so the more you scrubs get to practise the more I have to as well and no thanks.

E: Seriously, though, didn't all this start with some guy bitching about streamers getting to practise while us plebs do not? Sandbox mode will almost certainly be in the game, streamers get to host custom games because of exposure for now but it will almost certainly not stay exclusive. If everyone were able to host custom games at this point, people would be bitching PU spent too much money on servers rather than improving the game. It's early access, you'll probably get your sandbox mode but it's very early and it's entirely reasonable that it's restricted for now. Quit bitching.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 13, 2017

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Shockules posted:

No one is going nuts here, buddy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

No one is going nuts here, buddy.

Only one poster has made a graph about the supposed benefits of custom server training

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

Only one poster has made a graph about the supposed benefits of custom server training

Only because some posters are hard headed. Let me quote this unironic gem: "You're not gonna run out of ammo."

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

have you tried getting good?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I think there's definitely value in being able to test and gently caress around with weapons and gear in a sandbox but they don't have it added yet so your best bet is to just play the game and get better through repetition. Most people aren't good anyway so it's not like you've got to get your fundamentals really tight in order to do well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Yeah, I have a job. A job means I want to use my free time effectively. Sorry.

Ah yes, the "I have a job and real life/passions" argument that pops up when someone calls you on your whining about sucking at the game. Stop shitposting and either post more about the game or just unbookmark the thread, tia.

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 13, 2017

• Locked thread