Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I once had a friend describe his FFXII party as 2 people and Fran's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
So Command betrayed us somehow? I am shocked, shocked at this turn of events. :geno:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

A2 is a liar, I have faith in Command's integrity.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
But the commander is the only other YorHa to not wear a cover! That's symbolic! They are the only two YorHa androids to know the real truth!

Pusher Robot and Shover Robot succeeded where the Machine's failed.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Pusher Robot and Shover Robot succeeded where the Machine's failed.

So does Command know the Terrible Secret of Space?

Also, have we seen anyone with their ears obscured?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kavak posted:

So does Command know the Terrible Secret of Space?

Also, have we seen anyone with their ears obscured?

Jackass is wearing a hood. She could have earmuffs under it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Jackass is part of the resistance though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/874366358649176064

*Laugh track*

Rocks fall, everybody dies.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Where's that image where 2B abd 9S fly out of the window while A2 hides from them by hanging on a sword she stuck in a wall?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

StandardVC10 posted:

So Command betrayed us somehow? I am shocked, shocked at this turn of events. :geno:

The terrible truth is that Command didn't betray anyone. It's just a Gordian Knot of incompetence that got in the way of A2's robot child murdering.:black101:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I bet 9S would've murdered that baby anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's no meaning behind pooping its diapers! It's just repeating old records!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I'll level with you guys- I've seen almost all of the game, and yet I have no loving idea what the hell A2 is doing in this scene and what she wants out of this. Like, did she wait there in ambush until 2B and 9S got there so she could introduce herself in the most :yokotaro: way possible? Why the baby, specifically? Does she know who they are, or does she do this for every YoRha android she meets? We may never know.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think she was just there to kill the baby and just happened to run into Toobie and Nines.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

rear end, butt, and i dunno, seat maybe?

poo poo.
Because 9S is a garbage racist piece of poo poo.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

A2 is almost certainly just learning of this baby robot and decided it needed murdering, there's no way she has any other reason and it just happened to be perfectly timed for when 2B and 9S could enjoy the baby robot murder the most.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

poo poo.
Because 9S is a garbage racist piece of poo poo.

He's just following in Mikhail's fine wyvern-hating tradition.

dalthorn
Apr 23, 2016

Jet Jaguar posted:

Wait, did Pascal ask us about the Forest King originally or was that just a place 2B and 9S wanted to get to on their own?

Because that might have been an odd conversation, wouldn't Pascal want to know their neighbor to the north was 1) planning to invade them, and 2) has a massive power vacuum because of a baby-kebab situation?

The great thing about babies, more so the robotic kind, is that you can always just make more.

StandardVC10 posted:

Blasphemy! Glory mankind!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Those look like good tacos but the best tacos come from street stands that are still open past midnight after you've drank your body weight in tecate light

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Wonderslug posted:

Wait wait wait. Wait. The same person was responsible for 2Butt, Assley Riot, I can't think of anything for Fran and Ramza "Baby Got" Beoulve? That...that does make sense.

Sure sure is. He also designed the Bravely Default characters. The man is doing what he loves.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Veotax posted:

I think she was just there to kill the baby and just happened to run into Toobie and Nines.

Yeah, it's not really a spoiler to say that at this point in the game A2's driving motivation is just "Kill Machines."

2B and 9S were just in the wrong (right?) place at the wrong (right?) time.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Yeah, it's not really a spoiler to say that at this point in the game A2's driving motivation is just "Kill Machines."

It can't be that simple, otherwise command would be thrilled rather than demanding murder

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sentient Data posted:

It can't be that simple, otherwise command would be thrilled rather than demanding murder

"A2, this is a direct order from Command: report to a vending machine and put clothes on immediately."
"gently caress YOU THERE ARE MACHINES THAT NEED STABBING."
"Your epidermis is-"
"gently caress YOU SKIN JUST SLOWS ME DOWN WHEN I AM STABBING."
"We can see your-"
"IT IS STAB O'CLOCK AND I AM INCREDIBLY PUNCTUAL."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

A stands for rear end-Kicking.

Danann posted:

What if the A stands for Administrator?

It's Affectionate​ :3: :kimchi:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

demanding murder is a pretty reasonable response to A2's rampant kill stealing imo

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

I never said that was the full story, just that it's her driving motivation at this point.

Screaming Idiot posted:

"A2, this is a direct order from Command: report to a vending machine and put clothes on immediately."
"Your epidermis is-"
"We can see your-"
However I like this interpretation :allears:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Your epidermis is-"
"We can see your-"

This is probably the reason why the Caim series of Yorha android has been discontinued.
Sure, central command may say they want a dynamic and flexible approach to machine murder, but show an iota of actual flexibility or dynamicity and your whole line ends up mothballed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they made a caim android the war would have been over long ago. the humans (assuming they even exist) would have also been wiped out, but them's the breaks.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Speaking of acronyms, did they ever say what Yorha means or stands for?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
It's YoRHa. Get it right or command will chew you out.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mzbundifund posted:

Yoko's Really Hot androids.

No, and they never do.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Begemot posted:

Yoko's Really Hot androids.

No, and they never do.

I'll never see it as anything other than this now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

All we know is that Taro has said YoRHa does have a meaning but he's not sharing for now.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

a kitten posted:

It's Affectionate​ :3: :kimchi:

Tragically, as we have just seen, A2 is the worst at hugs.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Oh, A2, my favorite Murder Monkey has finally arrived!

I won't say anything specific about A2's backstory except she has a very drat good reason to hate YoRHa, she IS stronger than the current models (current models are deliberately less OP than she is because... well, they don't want more A2s running around, not that they can't build them), and she is basically the Kaine/ Zero of the game.

Now I want DLC where you fight against Caim, Zero, Kaine, Neir, and other notable Drakenier characters.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ryushikaze posted:

Oh, A2, my favorite Murder Monkey has finally arrived!

I won't say anything specific about A2's backstory except she has a very drat good reason to hate YoRHa, she IS stronger than the current models (current models are deliberately less OP than she is because... well, they don't want more A2s running around, not that they can't build them), and she is basically the Kaine/ Zero of the game.

Now I want DLC where you fight against Caim, Zero, Kaine, Neir, and other notable Drakenier characters.

There was actually an interview question with Taro Yoko about that.

A2's actually less impressive, strictly by specs, than the cutting edge YoRHa models like our heroes.

She's just got grace under pressure.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
I like how A2 has Bravely Default "No time to explain or else I'm too upset" disease. "You betrayed us! Why?" "They betrayed you!" "....what? How?" "Nah, I'm out" :magically flutters off:

Really? You can't shout one nugget of info they can verify? Heck, if I was a rebel android, I'd be filling up microchips with my manifesto and hurl it dramatically at anyone who asks.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Command would get ahold of a copy of the manifesto and automatically delete the consciousness of any android that caught even a glimpse of its contents

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Andyzero posted:

I like how A2 has Bravely Default "No time to explain or else I'm too upset" disease. "You betrayed us! Why?" "They betrayed you!" "....what? How?" "Nah, I'm out" :magically flutters off:

Really? You can't shout one nugget of info they can verify? Heck, if I was a rebel android, I'd be filling up microchips with my manifesto and hurl it dramatically at anyone who asks.

well, 9S did kinda attack first so it's hard to fault A2 for not caring to stick around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

She may also have tried to convert YoRHA units before and hit a 9S-like brick wall of indoctrination, or maybe Command can remote trigger the self-destruct or something similar. Didn't the deserter we found in the factory have something like that happen to her?

• Locked thread