Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Madkal posted:

Anyone else smelling grilled elf?
It's alternating with handjobs and then being compared to a confederate hero so I don't think he gives a poo poo.

What even is the procedure if he refuses to answer with flimsy pretenses? I would assume there's a contempt-like rule you can run afoul of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Finally someone asking him about Trump being salty over his recusal

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
why aren't they hammering him on Flynn????

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oh gently caress Heinrich calling him out!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Fallen Rib
Answer the question, Elf!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

He's Hoggish Greedly with Duke Nukum's hair and complexion.
Hey! At least Hoggish had a cool voice (Ed Asner's :allears:). Trump sounds like a mid 00's whiny emo kid getting a colonoscopy. :colbert:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"protecting the President's 5th amendment rights" oh bullshit

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
glad they're grilling him on his refusal to cooperate

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Would anything bad happen to someone who asked him about the size of his penis, or if it was true that he smelled like a butt and liked to smell his own butt?

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Filthy Hans posted:

How is that even supposed to work?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Roast him

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Filthy Hans posted:

I'm pretty sure the 5th amendment does not work that way :shrug:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
That "I suspect you have [talked to several senior attorneys]" was a great slam.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Fallen Rib
Dunno who the guy asking the questions is (I'm a Canuck) but I like him.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Madkal posted:

Heinrich, democrat from New Mexico, and yes

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Madkal posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Heinrich

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

LaserShark posted:

it doesn't

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
emblessed indeed

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm pretty sure the 5th amendment does not work that way :shrug:

You can't expect the Attorney General to understand how the Constitution works though

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

You can't expect the Attorney General to understand how the Constitution works though

He's still new to his job.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

I know it doesn't, but how is it supposed to?

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

LaserShark posted:

Sessions is referring to the fact that he is physically melded to Trump like some Lovecraftian nightmare or that one episode of Doctor Who where the fat man absorbs all those people into his body, leaving only their faces. Ipso facto, Sessions is Trump so sessions cannot be called to testify against Trump.

Florida Ghost
Apr 5, 2011
I may have had an encounter with the man as I was, leaving the party, at the Mayflower Motel.

He was there attending a Lemon Party with Donny.

Filthy bastard.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

LaserShark posted:

I know it doesn't, but how is it supposed to?

A person cannot be forced to incriminate themself. It's pretty self explanatory, it doesn't cover other people

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I affirmed it and also read out the entire relevant hiring package re: proper communications also i don't remember maybe his testimony is right but I definitely totally told him not to do that even though it's his fault!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Heinrich-King 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Trump just stepped out of Air Force One exactly as soon as a democrat started questioning. CBS has a little picture-in-picture thing going on Youtube, and it was perfectly in sync. Like he was waiting for the perfect timing to get you to switch away from the questioning.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Filthy Hans posted:

Wait hold on here, did Sessions seriously suggest that he was protecting someone else's right to avoid self incrimination?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

BlueberryCanary posted:

Sessions is referring to the fact that he is physically melded to Trump like some Lovecraftian nightmare or that one episode of Doctor Who where the fat man absorbs all those people into his body, leaving only their faces. Ipso facto, Sessions is Trump so sessions cannot be called to testify against Trump.

Also like that episode, jeff sessions is bad

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/874719159585841152

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/874721133068771329

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"I want to assert the 5th, but not say it out loud"- Jeff Sessions

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Trump healthcare speech just started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DWWgDcE7DY

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

If I ever get sent to court for whatever, I'm going to assert privilege with the president, just in case.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

Wait hold on here, did Sessions seriously suggest that he was protecting someone else's right to avoid self incrimination?

Yes, and he's doubling down on it.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
So Session's answers on why he can't answer these questions is totally bunk, right?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Trump, it's really loving obvious when you start a live speech on something during testimonies against your administration.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

LaserShark posted:

Yes, and he's doubling down on it.

That's insane. By that logic no one could ever be compelled to testify against someone else.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

aware of dog posted:

So Session's answers on why he can't answer these questions is totally bunk, right?

Yes. He is attempting to dodge questions without asserting the fifth while at the same time making the argument that Comey betrayed the Emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

HappyHippo posted:

For about 5 minutes straight now, yeah.

• Locked thread