Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Veotax posted:

Injustice 2 #9

Goddamn that's some good Booster Gold & Blue Beetle. This dynamic is why I can never 100% like Jaime as the Blue Beetle. I just want superhero buddy cops. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

dragon_pamcake posted:

Goddamn that's some good Booster Gold & Blue Beetle. This dynamic is why I can never 100% like Jaime as the Blue Beetle. I just want superhero buddy cops. :smith:

I have a different problem, I loved both Beetles and their stories. Some of the few DC comics I could stand to read a few years back.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Veotax posted:

Injustice 2 #9

Why the hell is a goddamn video game tie in comic making me feel bad about some of the worst DC characters?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

frodnonnag posted:

Why the hell is a goddamn video game tie in comic making me feel bad about some of the worst DC characters?

I'm not sure who you're referring to because the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle friendship has always been one of the best things DC had.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

frodnonnag posted:

Mods?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Are they heading toward a '"joke" characters gently caress poo poo the gently caress up' finale?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Really hoping Booster shows up as DLC, partially for survival's sake.

Fortunately, Ra's Al Ghul isn't in Injustice 2, so I can't wait to see him get what he deserves.

Edit:

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm not sure who you're referring to because the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle friendship has always been one of the best things DC had.

I just remembered how Booster Gold trying to outright murder Batman was one of the biggest highlights of the whole Infinite Crisis event.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 13, 2017

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Gavok posted:

Fortunately, Ra's Al Ghul isn't in Injustice 2, so I can't wait to see him get what he deserves.

Edit:

I just remembered how Booster Gold trying to outright murder Batman was one of the biggest highlights of the whole Infinite Crisis event.

The DLC silhouettes have a guy with a popped collar :o

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hup posted:

The DLC silhouettes have a guy with a popped collar :o

New 52 Lobo?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

New 52 Lobo?

Deadman

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Gaz-L posted:

Deadman

If it's Deadman one of the abilities better drat well be him possessing the opponent and making them punch themselves a whole lot.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Nightwing is Deadman in Injustice continuity.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

evilmiera posted:

I have a different problem, I loved both Beetles and their stories. Some of the few DC comics I could stand to read a few years back.

I liked Jaime a lot before New 52 decided to poo poo all over the tone his comic had been trying to build.

goatface posted:

Are they heading toward a '"joke" characters gently caress poo poo the gently caress up' finale?

A serious, not loving around, pair-up of Plastic Man and Booster Gold would be loving terrifying.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 14, 2017

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gavok posted:

Ra's shows up in someone's Arcade ending. I think it's Black Adams ending where he agrees to raise Isis in exchange for help ruling the world.

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

Ra's shows up in someone's Arcade ending. I think it's Black Adams ending where he agrees to raise Isis in exchange for help ruling the world.

Correct.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

dragon_pamcake posted:

A serious, not loving around, pair-up of Plastic Man and Booster Gold would be loving terrifying.
Has there ever been a BG and PM team-up​ anytime?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Well, there's a website that lists when they've "encountered" each other but it doesn't go and actually use the words "team up".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Injustice 2 Animal Man to solve all problems by breaking the fourth wall and hacking the game.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I'd have thought Ambush Bug would be a better fit for that moveset.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

LashLightning posted:

Well, there's a website that lists when they've "encountered" each other but it doesn't go and actually use the words "team up".

Not mentioned on there, but there's a great scene in Elseworlds: Act of God between the two. It's a story where all the superheroes and villains just suddenly lose their powers one day with no explanation. During a League meeting, it's mentioned that only the tech-based heroes will be of any use at this point, which leads to Booster and Beetle high-fiving while Plastic Man angrily calls them a couple of clowns.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Gavok posted:

Not mentioned on there, but there's a great scene in Elseworlds: Act of God between the two. It's a story where all the superheroes and villains just suddenly lose their powers one day with no explanation. During a League meeting, it's mentioned that only the tech-based heroes will be of any use at this point, which leads to Booster and Beetle high-fiving while Plastic Man angrily calls them a couple of clowns.

Look at these stupid assholes.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

This may be the only time in human history where "great scene" and "Elseworlds: Act of God" have been used in the same sentence.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

This may be the only time in human history where "great scene" and "Elseworlds: Act of God" have been used in the same sentence.

You didn't find the scenes of Wonder Woman converting to Catholicism moving? :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doesn't Superman like die almost immediately trying to save people without his powers? Like in some kinda Batman-worshipping fanfic?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Doesn't Superman like die almost immediately trying to save people without his powers? Like in some kinda Batman-worshipping fanfic?

I dunno that sounds like something Superman would do. He wouldn't be able to just stop saving people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Nah, he survives to the end.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

No, Superman pretty much immediately turns into a drunken self-pitying sad sack when he loses his powers and stays that way for about 99% of the comic.

But yeah, Act of God is an insane Batman-worshiping fanfic, with J'onn and Clark basically saying at the end how much more awesomer Batman was than everyone else since he did everything he did without powers.

purple death ray posted:

I dunno that sounds like something Superman would do. He wouldn't be able to just stop saving people.
Oh not only does he hard stop once he loses his powers (as do all but maybe a half-dozen of the depowered heroes), he becomes a drunk for a while.

Believe me, I could get into a whole long review/analysis thing about Act of God since it's my least favorite comic pretty much ever, but this isn't the thread for that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Evil Mastermind posted:

And it's still head and shoulders above the Marvel version of the story where Scarlet Witch said "No more powers."

Lurdiak posted:

He immediately gets washed up in a tidal wave while screaming about how he's never felt SUCH PAIN! But he survives to the end and has a kid with Wonder Woman.

I think the only guys to die were Kyle Rayner, Steel and... forgot the third.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

I think the only guys to die were Kyle Rayner, Steel and... forgot the third.
Ray Palmer. His shrinking powers went out of control, causing him to shrink so much he became a miniature nuclear explosion because Doug Moench forgot that Atom doesn't really have shrinking powers per se (they come from a device), and also because Moench is a hack.

e: The best part about when Superman loses his powers is when he's laying in rubble, clearly injured, and the people he was trying to save are standing over him basically going "what the hell, why didn't you help us, you loser?"

Did I mention I hated this comic?

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 15, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
IIRC J'onn got depowered even though his abilities are supposed to be something all martians are born with.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dragon_pamcake posted:

As someone who doesn't read a lot of DC, why would this be terrifying?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Wouldn't that apply to Superman, too? He's not actually superpowered, he's just a regular Kryptonian, it's just that all Kryptonians are awesome when on Earth, right?

Although I recognize that depowering people like Flash and Black Canary and leaving Superman/Supergirl fine wouldn't really work.

Edit: Wait, why would Green Lantern be depowered? He's not superpowered himself, he just has a device that provides him with access to Lantern abilities, it's basically just a super-cool space utility belt, right? If he loses it or it runs out of juice he's just a dude.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Infinitum posted:

I don't know much about Booster Gold, but Plasticman is an immortal shapeshifter, I think there's a bit in Justice League where Batman says he's "the most powerful member."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

IIRC J'onn got depowered even though his abilities are supposed to be something all martians are born with.

Ashcans posted:

Wouldn't that apply to Superman, too? He's not actually superpowered, he's just a regular Kryptonian, it's just that all Kryptonians are awesome when on Earth, right?
Correct and correct. Aquaman even lost his ability to breathe water, even though he's Atlantian and this would be pretty equivalent to me losing my "power" of breathing oxygen. But no, everyone with powers turns human (except J'onn, who's trapped in his Martian form).

Hell, Kyle's ring stopped working even though that's alien technology, not an inherent power. Why? Who knows? Act of God! Moench ain't gotta explain poo poo!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I don't know much about Booster Gold, but Plasticman is an immortal shapeshifter, I think there's a bit in Justice League where Batman says he's "the most powerful member."

During Joe Kelly's run, probably. Plas got a lot of love during that era.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Even Injustice had a comic about how kick rear end Plastic Man is.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ashcans posted:

Although I recognize that depowering people like Flash and Black Canary and leaving Superman/Supergirl fine wouldn't really work.

Edit: Wait, why would Green Lantern be depowered? He's not superpowered himself, he just has a device that provides him with access to Lantern abilities, it's basically just a super-cool space utility belt, right? If he loses it or it runs out of juice he's just a dude.

Yeah I think you're stumbling onto maybe why this story wasn't the most well liked, and man you're only scratching the surface.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Booster Gold has future technology that lets him duplicate Superman's power set (strength, flight, invulnerability, laser blasts) and, more importantly, time travel technology. Plastic Man is an immortal, indestructible shape-shifter.

In the "normal" DC universe, Booster is considered a fame-obsessed idiot who chases endorsements and Plastic Man is like a living Looney Tunes character. In the Injustice universe, Plastic Man just managed to break into Superman's supermax prison to save his son and Booster may have a major axe to grind now that his best friend has been murdered.

Booster is cool and watching the JLU episode: "The Greatest Story Never Told" should be mandatory in BSS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1qE0JHfFk

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 15, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Didn't Plastic Man survive being blown into constituent molecules and scattered across the ocean floor for decades one time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

purple death ray posted:

Didn't Plastic Man survive being blown into constituent molecules and scattered across the ocean floor for decades one time?

No, don't be ridiculous.

It was three thousand years.