Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh I thought Treehouse was going for 3 days and I didn't know that the tournaments were supplanting them or whatever. I must be wrong then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hey Best Buy GCU shills: you can get a $10 gift card for preordering Mario Odyssey, making the price "kind of" $38 before tax.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are you worried about spoilers for the remake of a game that's over a quarter of a century old?

THEY'RE REMAKING METROID AGAIN HELL YES

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I bet they'll nonchalantly confirm Smash during one of the random streams this week.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

THEY'RE REMAKING METROID AGAIN HELL YES

It's a remake of Metroid 2 and this will be its first official remake.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ometeotl posted:

Has been any announcement of one of those panels Nintendo likes to do for the press to randomly announce things?

Haven't heard of any roundtables scheduled.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
No VC is pretty disappointing. I just want to play the switch, but I'm tired of Zelda and Mario kart. I might buy snake pass tonight I guess. It's hard to be excited about that though

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I thought briefly that I was bummed out that Nintendo's developer sit-down thing that they used to do (with occasional reveals) with Miyamoto and Iwata and other developers (where they showed off what became ZombiiU many years ago) but then I realized that they basically still are doing them, just all day, and online instead of behind closed doors.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
The checkpoint thing is gonna be good for Tower Control.

I haven't seen anyone using dualies yet. Maybe because no one has a feel for it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

DC Murderverse posted:

I thought briefly that I was bummed out that Nintendo's developer sit-down thing that they used to do (with occasional reveals) with Miyamoto and Iwata and other developers (where they showed off what became ZombiiU many years ago) but then I realized that they basically still are doing them, just all day, and online instead of behind closed doors.

Also Iwata doesn't show up anymore.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Tender Bender posted:

Man Xenoblade Chronicles 2 seems like a solid refinement of the first game and the environments look extremely my poo poo but I think having an anime girl thong in your face for the entire playtime might be enough for me to pass.

I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment, if NOA can order vagina bones to be removed they can order anime sword girl butt to be covered up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mikemil828 posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment, if NOA can order vagina bones to be removed they can order anime girl butt to be covered up.

Riots in the streets over that there'd be

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

mikemil828 posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment, if NOA can order vagina bones to be removed

what

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

mikemil828 posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment, if NOA can order vagina bones to be removed they can order anime girl butt to be covered up.

And the Censored Gaming Youtube channel will be there to tell you the tale of how you should be outraged. :argh:

Edit: No, don't go there for real, they're dumb and stupid. Don't give them view counts.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Policenaut posted:

Oh I thought Treehouse was going for 3 days and I didn't know that the tournaments were supplanting them or whatever. I must be wrong then.

I thought they said earlier today it was 3 days with announcements each day.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

It's better that you don't know. It's worse than you think.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mikemil828 posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment, if NOA can order vagina bones to be removed they can order anime sword girl butt to be covered up.

She's a sword not a girl, please be respectful of the source material

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's better that you don't know. It's worse than you think.

:ohdear:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I like how there's cover so that if someone is good with a scope they don't get to kill you for free from halfway across the universe in all situations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Steve2911 posted:

Also Iwata doesn't show up anymore.

:smith:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think it was some girl in an outfit involving a midriff shirt and low rise pants, and that V-shape leading to the pelvic region got taken out of the US release of whatever game it was.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

This was posted in the retro games thread:

It has Switch share and home buttons!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Betting there'll be a Direct at the end of the year or start of 2018 about games coming out that year that only got a brief mention here, maybe stuff like Pokemon (Stars?? I'd be fine with Gen 8) and Fire Emblem Switch. If a smash game is announced, it'll be for next year, I'd be stunned if they saved it for the after show and not the main event

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

8-bit Miniboss posted:

This was posted in the retro games thread:

It has Switch share and home buttons!

Welp, buying one of those as soon as they're available.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finally catching up, are combining powers back in Kirby!?

Also the Mario trailer song is catchy as hell.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Never given half a gently caress about Castlevania - What did people hate about Mirror of Fate?

It's a lot of things.

Up until that point it was one developer and his team making the portable Castlevania games that had a hardcore fanbase all the way back to the GBA, and he got kind of unceremoniously shafted once they gave Castlevania to MercurySteam to make the console Lords of Shadow game. That went on to become the best selling Castlevania game in the series, so Konami obviously started pushing it.

They tried to adapt the God of War style Lords of Shadow into a 2D game with small elements of the metroidvania aspects to appease both the old and new fans and kind of made a clusterfuck that served neither. The combat wasn't interesting enough to be a competent brawler when pared down into 2D, and the traversal elements made backtracking too annoying to make the metroidvania elements compelling, in addition to the upgrades you could find just being boring, though the game was mostly linear. It's also split into three different characters with three different maps so none of them are that big or fun to traverse. Also while the story from LoS1 was an interesting take on the lore it was written in such a way where the most interesting thing is the stinger at the ending, and everything after had to start explaining how that tied into the overall plot and did it poorly and goofily (which fits the tone of the older games but is just bizarre with the broodier nature of LoS)

Add on to this that the demo for the game on the eshop ran worse than the actual game, and starts you 2/3 or the way through the game due to the way it's structured so it made a poor first showing to have a bunch of difficult sections right off the bat.

Also the loving cutscenes when people are talking have people just staring at each other with their mouths open as they talk to other people and it look incomplete and dumb, and they actually added lip syncing to the HD version to alleviate that.

I won't even get into the rest of the series' missteps.

While that's a lot to worry about with this developer I think this won't matter as much since they've already got a blueprint for a game already sussed out and Nintendo helping.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Vintage devastating self own

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

"Vagina bones."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Catching up on thread

But this song should be embedded into every page

Argue posted:

Important: full clean version of the Odyssey theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GVs981uAM

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

*in deathgripz voice* vagina bones coming out my mouuuutttthhhh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zelder posted:

Vintage devastating self own

Dude's latest tweet is just a mosaic of images of Twintelle's butt

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Overjoyed with everything today, but I want a star dew valley release date! Also, like, the ability to go to a store and buy a switch. That's frustrating.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

lmao just now noticed that Mario Odyssey and Pokken Tournament are still priced $20 higher than every other game here in Canada on multiple sites. It's not a temporary price, every retailer here has them priced at a hundred bucks except Walmart who sells out instantly because of it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

:frogsiren: IMPORTANT :frogsiren:

https://twitter.com/KSlackie/status/874762802266742784

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

:yeah:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Catching up on thread

But this song should be embedded into every page

I just noticed the Donkey Kong tune is part of this song.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Louisgod posted:

I click the link and the music plays in the window. Bing bong so simple.

you should check your links before you act like other people are idiots

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I don't like the implications of Captain Toad hanging out at the end of an H-beam way up on a skyscraper.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I'm honestly surprised that Rabbids looks so much better graphically than SMO.

That's more praise of the former than criticism of the latter, since I fully understand that Rabbids is a 30fps game with what look like fairly linear levels viewed mostly from a top-down perspective that demands very little in the way of draw distance, whereas the latter is 60fps and has huge, open levels with a ton of verticality. But still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dude's latest tweet is just a mosaic of images of Twintelle's butt

Thanks for the recommendation

• Locked thread