Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Eh, I'm just gonna play New Order I think. Anyway I'm partway through RE7 atm and holy gawd it's getting weird. Just fought hillbilly-mom who turned into a giant bug-thing and started birthing insects out her rotten infested gunt :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wolfenstein TNO is 9.99 on PSN right now

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Also 10€/bux on greemangaming if you prefer :pcgaming: PC GAMING :pcgaming:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
PlayStation is running a sale on a lot of games. I got Horizon for $20 off.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

When does this sale end

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

When does this sale end

a week from today

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
thank you butts

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Metroid Prime 4 is officially a thing and there's an official Metroid 2 remake coming in september to the 3ds

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Bolow posted:

Metroid Prime 4 is officially a thing and there's an official Metroid 2 remake coming in september to the 3ds

No wonder they killed AM2R. Glad I got it prior to the takedown. loving owns bones.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just going to say that the last couple pages of the PUBG thread in games have been a lot of fun because of one poster in particular. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814574&pagenumber=174&

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm happy to see State of Decay 2 is coming.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

Just going to say that the last couple pages of the PUBG thread in games have been a lot of fun because of one poster in particular. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814574&pagenumber=174&

Hahah training for PUBG. It's called "jump out over the school and practice murdering the gently caress out of people with the first weapon you find."

The zombie thing.... eh. I like the idea of additional environmental hazards (I like the idea of the red zone being truly deadly) but zombies are kind of played out. Maybe it'd be cool if they were on custom servers only, or if they start attacking the doors of structures that people are hiding in.

Two Finger posted:

I'm happy to see State of Decay 2 is coming.

Despite what I just said about zombies being played out, :same: I sunk a lot of loving hours into the first one.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

suboptimal posted:

Despite what I just said about zombies being played out, :same: I sunk a lot of loving hours into the first one.

I agree that zombies are played out in that they are so often used as a total low effort excuse to sell a game. State of Decay struck me as being really well made and was actually fun to play and explore, where a lot of the other 'zombie' games aren't.
I hope to Satan they have put in coop though - I want to roll around in a GiP murdersquad

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The right way to do a zombie game would be to make a game that has zombies but isn't about zombies, but rather one that is still a human v. human conflict that just so happens to have zombies in it.

I hate to use The Walking Dead as an example, because that show went downhill real fast, but absolutely none of its plot is focused directly on zombies despite being titled "The Walking Dead."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

whoever has an x-box can use it, im good

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Naked Bear posted:

I hate to use The Walking Dead as an example, because that show went downhill real fast, but absolutely none of its plot is focused directly on zombies despite being titled "The Walking Dead."

That's also the key to really good scifi like Black Mirror: don't make technology the focus of the story, but rather its effects on the characters and the world around them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

That's also the key to really good scifi like Black Mirror: don't make technology the focus of the story, but rather its effects on the characters and the world around them.

Which is pretty much what state of decay did I think. Your focus was exploring, building your base and team, and escaping. The zombies were just a threat.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I was about to give mine away but checked the list out of curiosity and double dragon neon is on there :eyepop:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Sniping people running from zombies in DayZ and getting leg shots that cripple them was really fun

That being said I hope they don't add zombies unless it's an occasional thing for events near Halloween

PookBear fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 13, 2017

Shockules
May 2, 2017
I believe they've already said it will be some sort of separate game mode.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
But will they allow training? I only have so many hours available to play and I want to be efficient with the way I use my time.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Thanks. Was in the beta for it and started playing a couple of games that I didn't get to finish before it ended.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i think they should add t rex and velociraptors instead of zombies make dinosaurs great again

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
or the gremlins

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

i think they should add t rex and velociraptors instead of zombies make dinosaurs great again

mario odyssey

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like can you imagine if one of the gremlins falls into the river between mil base and the other island holy poo poo it would be pandemonium

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ydQHIF5MY

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Would play this game especially if the thing you are escaping is the meteor and you get to watch a fully sick extinction level event

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Instead of a care package the plane randomly drops a crate that releases a velociraptor on landing.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also one player is a terminator!!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

And there's one house that murders the occupants with booby traps

We could call it groverhaus

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
real talk bear traps or some sort of booby trap equipment in this game could own if it is significantly rare enough

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i especially want to rig up car bombs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Naked Bear posted:

The title refers to the main characters.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't think I'll get around to it who wants my free month of Xbox game pass. I don't want to post the code and it gets snatched

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cold Waters is kicking my rear end

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Godholio posted:

The title refers to the main characters.
Learn something new every day!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Holy poo poo Horizon Zero Dawn is fun and beautiful as hell

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Expires in like five hours so I'll just leave this here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo Horizon Zero Dawn is fun and beautiful as hell

When the gip game thread says game is good, it is good.