Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Why are you nerds bringing up Sanders in the Trump thread?

That said, I hope the start dragging people into court for not answering questions. The buck has to stop somewhere.

Edit: dogs

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

bird cooch posted:

Why are you nerds bringing up Sanders in the Trump thread?

Because someone linked a Bernie opinion piece in the NYT.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

Because someone linked a Bernie opinion piece in the NYT.

Appo of what?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

good

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

bird cooch posted:

Appo of what?

out of a sense of "dems bad," ignoring that dems have no federal power and have been repeatedly and forcefully speaking out against the trump admin and ahca

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

bird cooch posted:

Appo of what?

No idea, people link a lot of random news things in this thread. But that's what got the subject on Bernie.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

KickerOfMice posted:

From RightWingWatch

Also, a lol:

Spooky

god i havent gone on right wing watch in like a year because it made me disgusted and depressed how loving insane these people were. also i mostly get my news hear.

wait so they are going to bring sessions to court now?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/874761639093874688
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/874754062708854784
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/874765450961453060

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WeAreTheRomans posted:

for the record, she's not at all, but it's totally irrelevant to anything (except to the extent that her supposed attractiveness gets her more leeway in being evil than might otherwise be expected)

ReidRansom posted:

More plastic surgery does not equal more attractive. Usually the opposite, in fact.
Not that it matters, she's a bad person, regardless of her appearance.
Guys who paid for the surgery and was probably VERY hands on with what changes were made? "Attractive" is subjective and guess who thinks she's VERY attractive?

I'm just saying that SOMEONE got their money's worth.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/sports/basketball/golden-state-warriors-white-house-visit.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

I am wondering if the reports of voting not to visit the WH were BS to begin with or if some pressure made a denial necessary...

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

Guys who paid for the surgery and was probably VERY hands on with what changes were made? "Attractive" is subjective and guess who thinks she's VERY attractive?

I'm just saying that SOMEONE got their money's worth.

Whoa, whoa whoa

Are you saying Donald Trump wants to bang his daughter

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
While trying to wrap my mind around the sheer stupidity of 'protecting executive privilege', I came across this little gem:

http://www.heritage.org/the-constitution/commentary/executive-privilege-cant-shield-wrongdoing

The Freaking Heritage Foundation posted:

As Holder surely knew all these past months, there is no privilege that exists between Congress and the executive branch to withhold documents except the constitutional executive privilege, which is based on the separation of powers. For example, the attorney-client privilege does not exist between Congress and the executive branch because they have the same client – the American people. Holder also knew that executive privilege does not attach to documents automatically. It can be asserted only by the president or with his direct approval. It can be waived; indeed it should be waived in many or most instances when Congress needs the information for its legislative functions. So the slated House committee vote to hold Holder in contempt on Wednesday was unfortunately necessary to get him to at least reconsider his lawless course of stonewalling.

I mean, if the Heritage Foundation says it, it must be followed to the letter, right?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

LOL.

*Donnie rides a golf cart 90 feet and takes an extra dose of his heart meds while Euro leaders walk. In another timeline Clinton's having a happy skip, back flipping, and asking random people to arm wrestle*

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bogatyr posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/sports/basketball/golden-state-warriors-white-house-visit.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

I am wondering if the reports of voting not to visit the WH were BS to begin with or if some pressure made a denial necessary...
The original story contained the caveat that they weren't invited yet too

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How long until we find out he's funneling all this "campaign" money directly into his bank account

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god i havent gone on right wing watch in like a year because it made me disgusted and depressed how loving insane these people were still are and will probably keep on truckin'. also i mostly get my news hear.

FTFY

:(:respek::(

The religious flavor of this venom is pretty rough yea, RWW specializes.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

RevKrule posted:

I'm just gonna start calling it the disapproval crocodile from now on:
https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/874684840032911360

mods plz change my name to Trump Disapproval Crocodile thx

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

The original story contained the caveat that they weren't invited yet too

I suppose both can be true, no decision has been made without the invite but it seems we know the answer. Still, the walking back is curious.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
As a foreigner, I have to ask: Is anyone here from Louie Gohmert's district or knows it well? What kind of place elects and re-elects someone so consistently dumb and vile?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How long until we find out he's funneling all this "campaign" money directly into his bank account

Reminder, he's already filed the paperwork for 2020.

So whatever vodoo tax he's doing, he's still getting the running for prez bonuses.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sephyr posted:

As a foreigner, I have to ask: Is anyone here from Louie Gohmert's district or knows it well? What kind of place elects and re-elects someone so consistently dumb and vile?

That district is in a part of Texas where having friends of a different race is still a brave social stand.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Sephyr posted:

He reps a blood-red Texas district that would sooner secede than vote for a Democrat.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Sephyr posted:

I poo poo you not I was about to type "well Texas elected Ted Cruz and I've lived there for awhile, most of the people seem pretty nice." But of course, I now learn that Gohmert is a rep from Texas. There perhaps lies your answer.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Support our troops!
https://twitter.com/votevets/status/874599756143755264

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rural and surburban Texans would elect a flaming bag of poo poo over literally Jesus Christ, if the shitbag had an R next to its name and Christ a D

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sephyr posted:

Looks like he's east Texas, which is known primarily for being policed by literal highwaymen that prey on minorities. It's not really the cowboy part of Texas, there are no major cities out there, and it's basically an extension of the South and all of the baggage that comes with that. Think Confederate flag waving racists.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

Rural and surburban Texans would elect a flaming bag of poo poo over literally Jesus Christ, if the shitbag had an R next to its name and Christ a D

San Antonio wasn't so bad, there's hope .

Right?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

LaserShark posted:

I mean, if the Heritage Foundation says it, it must be followed to the letter, right?

poo poo one of the republicans in the hearing brought up Holder to defend Sessions, except it's Holder so he had to also clarify that Holder was wrong and bad and they went to court over it. But uhh something's different now. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

*Regressives bark R TOOPS for decades, but always vote to gently caress the VA*

*Regressives boo a gay R TOOPS saying they need to change their position on The Gays*

*Regressives vote gently caress you to 9/11 Firemen*

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

This is nearly twelve hours old. Don't post tweets that old in this thread unless they are super obscure. This tweet has probably been posted 20 times today.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sephyr posted:

It's deep east Texas. If anyone posting here is living there, I feel truly sorry for them.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

LaserShark posted:

While trying to wrap my mind around the sheer stupidity of 'protecting executive privilege', I came across this little gem:

http://www.heritage.org/the-constitution/commentary/executive-privilege-cant-shield-wrongdoing

That legal theory is only valid when the president is a Democrat

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, poo poo. So its not just merely Texas, but the worst, most vile part of Texas.

edit: wait, why does anyone live there? Didn't we already establish that everywhere in Texas outside the cities is overrun by hordes of giant carnivorous murderpigs?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Ogmius815 posted:

This is nearly twelve hours old. Don't post tweets that old in this thread unless they are super obscure. This tweet has probably been posted 20 times today.

A repost is better than a complaint about the repost. It's also better than this post :/

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

ReidRansom posted:

It's deep east Texas. If anyone posting here is living there, I feel truly sorry for them.

There are no good radio stations in east Texas, so if you don't have other things to listen to, you are truly in hell.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

People were reposting it from https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/874767922295705600

My bad. :unsmith:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Party bosses win in VA just like in NJ.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

moostaffa posted:

A repost is better than a complaint about the repost. It's also better than this post :/

Yeah people need to stop white noising about reposts in the thread that gets 1,100 posts a day, it's extremely obnoxious.

poo poo

gently caress

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Use the search function before posting a link, it's not hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jaxyon posted:

I was hoping that the Labour victory might wake some Democrats up in the same way that Trump helped labor but my heart is already dead

:ohdear:

Exactly how big was the size of the Labour "victory" compared to the size of Macrons victory in France? Also, why does only one of these two things require quotation marks to be called a victory?

If you want to say that Labour not losing by as much as they thought is something Dems need to notice, why is La Republique En Marche and the Democratic Movement likely capturing more than 3/4ths of the seats in the French parliament something to ignore?

• Locked thread