Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Zeeman posted:

Bukowski comic is something else, hammer comic (A three part series!) is still up:

Huh. More hosed up than "if you don't leave your wife and quit your job to cosplay Game of Thrones 24/7 what's the point", less hosed up then "everyone who has a negative opinion should have their head explode and then Hayao Miyazaki should paint the moon with their gore".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

less hosed up then "everyone who has a negative opinion should have their head explode and then Hayao Miyazaki should paint the moon with their gore".
It's sad that this is a reasonable bar to measure a comic by.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think I pointed this out last time we had this discussion, but using Hayao Miyazaki for that is extra screwed up, given that his entire oeuvre pushes the idea that almost everyone turns out to be a good person once you get to know them.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think I pointed this out last time we had this discussion, but using Hayao Miyazaki for that is extra screwed up, given that his entire oeuvre pushes the idea that almost everyone turns out to be a good person once you get to know them.

It's also messed up because Miyazaki is known to be a very harsh critic and is dismissive of a lot of other people's art including pretty much all of his contemporaries. So choosing him as some kind of defender against criticism is really bizarre.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Here's the actual Bukowski one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zerilan posted:

Jesus loving Christ. :psyduck:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It still cracks me up that the most creative thing the most creative minds of this generation was just paint the word ART on the moon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JuniperCake posted:

It's also messed up because Miyazaki is known to be a very harsh critic and is dismissive of a lot of other people's art including pretty much all of his contemporaries. So choosing him as some kind of defender against criticism is really bizarre.

Seriously the fucker HATES the modern Anime industry, and doesn't have a lot of kind words to say about others either.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zerilan posted:

Someone got their panties in a bunch now, didn't they?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JuniperCake posted:

Not to mention the fact that in the comic he builds a stereotypical giant robot, which shows that zen pencils guy only knows him as "that anime guy".

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Zerilan posted:

Oh gently caress off

There's something to be said for people using not having a workplace as an excuse but god drat I hate the argument of "if you were a real artist you'd be able to work anywhere"

I can't draw worth a drat but I play music at a level where I get paid to do so and the comparison of a dude sitting on his rear end doing nothing and a person wishing they had space to practice/compose without being distracted or interrupted infuriates me on a level I didn't know I had that could still push my buttons.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wrist Watch posted:

Oh gently caress off

There's something to be said for people using not having a workplace as an excuse but god drat I hate the argument of "if you were a real artist you'd be able to work anywhere"

I can't draw worth a drat but I play music at a level where I get paid to do so and the comparison of a dude sitting on his rear end doing nothing and a person wishing they had space to practice/compose without being distracted or interrupted infuriates me on a level I didn't know I had that could still push my buttons.

I mean, it sounds like you have more of a problem with Bukowski than Zenpencils guy, even if the latter did draw a comic about the former.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

TwoPair posted:

I mean, it sounds like you have more of a problem with Bukowski than Zenpencils guy, even if the latter did draw a comic about the former.

Oh no, I've gotten lost in layers of ironic owns :supaburn:

I didn't see the Zenpencils credit at the bottom and thought it was parodying a Zenpencils comic instead, but I stand by my point to a certain degree :colbert:

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 12, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Whenever someone talks about Bukowski, all I can think of is that Barfly joke from Mission Hill.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh Honey :3:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Totally adorbs.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Twee teens in insufferable love.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 12, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Well somebody's a grouch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

"Insufferable Love" isn't my favorite Twee Teens album, but it's still really good.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Motherfucker posted:

And while I'm here

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I may be a withered black hearted creature of the ancient internet, my crown sitting low on my desiccated brow and my chest a hollow cavity full of worms. But whenever I see ridiculously twee poo poo I think of this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Powerful big dad.

Motherfucker posted:

I may be a withered black hearted creature of the ancient internet, my crown sitting low on my desiccated brow and my chest a hollow cavity full of worms. But whenever I see ridiculously twee poo poo I think of this.

Awfulvision really needs to come back, think of all the terrible youtube videos we've missed since it stopped.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nuns with Guns posted:

And while I'm here

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

My baseline tweeometer is calibrated off the trailer for Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Nuns with Guns posted:

And while I'm here

I think the comic would improve if both of the main characters were Clevin.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I Clevin the Clevin would Clevin if Clevin of Clevin main Clevin were Clevin.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Reading over the end of Octopus Pie again, it holds together better than I remembered. Ollie's very out-of-character decision to turn mentorly and close the shop to give Eve a week off makes a lot more sense when you realize that he's planning to take the opportunity to torch the place for insurance money.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Band vs Band has been so good lately.

And also, always.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I think the comic would improve if both of the main characters were Clevin.

Hmm...

... true.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Clevin

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
You did it Lamps, it's a real meme now.

I hope you're happy.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
lol the Band vs Band site features a link to its own TvTropes entry on its front page.

Pavlov posted:

You did it Lamps, it's a real meme now.

I hope you're happy.

All for the sake of a world that is clevin

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 13, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Clevin

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Webcomics will be a part of the Library of Congress.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Congratulations, webcomics.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ahahahahaha

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

please accept Loss.jpg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's a pretty good list of comics there. H!AV, Nimona, Dinosaur Comics, Nedroid, GWS, Octopus Pie...

Fake Edit Can't wait to see the loving fits people in this thread throw at QC being in the Library of Congress.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

PMush Perfect posted:

There's a pretty good list of comics there. H!AV, Nimona, Dinosaur Comics, Nedroid, GWS, Octopus Pie...

Fake Edit Can't wait to see the loving fits people in this thread throw at QC being in the Library of Congress.

thats the best thing about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Maybe one of your hilarious edits will be included in there hogge wilde

• Locked thread