Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Ugh...and I live in one of the counties that went for Stewart too.

Name your shame county

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

empty whippet box posted:

OTOH, what if Donald Trump suddenly realized that he could be the most popular and loved president in history by instituting policies that helped everyone at the expense of the rich, and could target other rich people than himself to do it?

But is he screwing over people he hates? Unless it fuels a war with someone he's mad at, he won't care.

Maybe we need to instigate something between him and Warren Buffet.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Lote posted:

Yeah but the dude is probably a vegetable. Non-recoverable coma.

Yeah, based on what? Literally all official reporting says otherwise.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

So Dennis Rodman got that Otto dude freed North Korea, is what actually happened, right?

It just makes more sense than the alternative

As much as the idea of Ambassador Rodman travelling the world and taming autocratic regimes tickles me, I think there's also a "dude is basically a vegetable now and oh poo poo we don't want him dying on us and also he's just costing us a fortune lying there hooked up to machines so may as well release him but hey could you send Rodman cus Chairman Kim wants to hang out" aspect.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

pillsburysoldier posted:

So Dennis Rodman got that Otto dude freed North Korea, is what actually happened, right?

It just makes more sense than the alternative

Yes, for the last several years, Dennis Rodman has been the best NK ambassador the US has

:psyberger:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Boon posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/world/north-korea-otto-warmbier-rodman.html

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TheScott2K posted:

Name your shame county

edit:

Greene, which means that it could have a lot to do with the controversy over the Lee statue in Charlottesville.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 14, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Boon posted:

All I've heard in everything I've read is coma for a year or whatever. And comas don't work like on TV, usually. Especially if he's been getting prisoner-grade North Korean medical care.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

ReidRansom posted:

All I've heard in everything I've read is coma for a year or whatever. And comas don't work like on TV, usually. Especially if he's been getting prisoner-grade North Korean medical care.

On the other hand, if he were getting "prisoner-grade" treatment in North Korea they would've just shot him (possibly with an anti-aircraft gun if they were feeling particularly randy that day).

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Yes guys I know he's in a coma. Sorry, what I meant is, "on what grounds are you in anyway affirming that Rodman had the slightest shred to do with this?"

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Boon posted:

Someone who's been in a coma for a year is going to be in a coma long term. Unless he's walking and talking, I wouldn't be hopeful.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

skeleton warrior posted:

I'm jealous of all the threads you don't post in.

As a long-time resident of VA- "party bosses"? Like NJ's? The gently caress are you smoking?

Also, wow, the Lt. Governor who campaigned against AHCA and called Trump a "narcissistic maniac" beat the former Congressman who campaigned against AHCA and said VA should be "a firewall" against Trump, truly the party has fallen and abandoned The Way

The only thing that rivals glowfish's geographical expertise is mcmagic's knowledge about other states' politics.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Boon posted:

Yes guys I know he's in a coma. Sorry, what I meant is, "on what grounds are you in anyway affirming that Rodman had the slightest shred to do with this?"

I'm going based on previous cases where Rodman and Kim had some kind of strange as gently caress bond
https://news.vice.com/article/kenneth-bae-north-korea-dennis-rodman-rant-cnn
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/05/north-korea-dennis-rodman-film
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/9902493/Dennis-Rodman-with-Kim-Jong-un-in-North-Korea.html
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/06/world/asia/north-korea-dennis-rodman/index.html

The previous Rodman/NK saga was a huge deal in SAS and laughed about that poo poo for years

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 14, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Evil Fluffy posted:

The only thing that rivals glowfish's geographical expertise is mcmagic's knowledge about other states'politics.

Cool, but why not just go with the very likely scenario that is collaborated by international cooperation and also happens to be the official story and backed the major reporting?

Boon fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 14, 2017

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Boon posted:

I said nothing about Rodman. I only commented on his ability to recover from a year long coma.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

PT6A posted:

On the other hand, if he were getting "prisoner-grade" treatment in North Korea they would've just shot him (possibly with an anti-aircraft gun if they were feeling particularly randy that day).

Well, I mean he is/was still worth more alive to them than dead, else he would be, but I doubt whatever care he was getting would have been considered close to adequate by western standards.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lote posted:

I said nothing about Rodman. I only commented on his ability to recover from a year long coma.

Ah, the classic "coma or Rodman?" derail.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Boon posted:

Oh. Yeah I think Rodman is just a coincidence or maybe at best part of a deal because Kim missed his buddy and wanted to hang out.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/874799690356838406

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I was just saying this is the primary thread. I couldn't find historical data but this has got to be a sign of something. Maybe all the wishy-washy folks who got burned by Trump have learned a valuable lesson about how quickly democracy will gently caress you if you go at it passively.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Boon posted:

Cool, but why not just go with the very likely scenario that is collaborated by international cooperation and also happens to be the official story and backed the major reporting?

Its significantly less funny

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/PraxisKenzie/status/874800479871676417

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/874801679769546752

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

I don't think that means anything. VA has open primaries. People cross party lines all the time. The story going into this was that Gillespie was going to win the Republican nomination in a landslide, so plenty of Republicans crossed over and voted in the Democratic primary instead. I know my mom, a Trump voter, did.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Florida Betty posted:

I don't think that means anything. VA has open primaries. People cross party lines all the time. The story going into this was that Gillespie was going to win the Republican nomination in a landslide, so plenty of Republicans crossed over and voted in the Democratic primary instead. I know my mom, a Trump voter, did.

To what end? Both dems were pretty similar whereas I can think of a Republican she may have preferred to Gillespie

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

His superpower really is the magical ability to convince people he's on their side no matter how many times he stabs them in the back.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

VitalSigns posted:

His superpower really is the magical ability to convince people he's on their side no matter how many times he stabs them in the back.

The Don demands loyalty...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Posted this in the other thread, but the VA primary has a lot of local issues and it shouldn't be seen as a shift away from the far left.

Northam is also progressive af and more left than Surprisingly Good gov. Macauliffe. Perriello losing his primary is not a "moderate beats progressive" it's more of a "progressive with establishment backing beats progressive without establishment backing."

He'll do good as Virginia's governor. The GOP side is still too close to call with their establishment pick in a dead heat with a racist Trumpeteer.

Edit: oops I missed an entire page of Virginia chat :downs:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 14, 2017

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

To what end? Both dems were pretty similar whereas I can think of a Republican she may have preferred to Gillespie

As you can imagine, she's not all that informed about politics. Perriello had the reputation of being the "progressive" one, even though he's only marginally different from Northam, so she voted for Northam.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Florida Betty posted:

As you can imagine, she's not all that informed about politics. Perriello had the reputation of being the "progressive" one, even though he's only marginally different from Northam, so she voted for Northam.

Could you do me a favour and tell your mother a man from the Internet said she's incredibly, incredibly stupid?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I believe in open primaries they have a blanket ballot that has all candidates on them because partisan ballots in such primaries are unconstitutional, right?

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

I believe in open primaries they have a blanket ballot that has all candidates on them because partisan ballots in such primaries are unconstitutional, right?

No. When you go in, they ask you if you want the Republican or the Democratic ballot, and they give you that one. At least in VA.

PT6A posted:

Could you do me a favour and tell your mother a man from the Internet said she's incredibly, incredibly stupid?

Fox News has torn apart so many families.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

Same as what Florida Betty said.
It would be kinda neat to see what happens if they were set up this way, though. I imagine disastrous things.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Potcoin.com sent Rodman on a diplomatic mission to N. Korea? I never heard of Potcoin until I saw Rodman footage with a logo'd shirt.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Florida Betty posted:

No. When you go in, they ask you if you want the Republican or the Democratic ballot, and they give you that one. At least in VA.

Yeah, I misread about blanket primaries (which don't really exist anymore) being unable to issue partisan ballots and thought that applied to open primaries in general. I am a dumb.

Rip Testes posted:

Potcoin.com sent Rodman on a diplomatic mission to N. Korea? I never heard of Potcoin until I saw Rodman footage with a logo'd shirt.

Buttcoin for weed? :laugh:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AC360/status/874796201467682818

Can't wait for Trump to call Harris a "nasty woman" on Twitter tomorrow morning

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Lightning Lord posted:

Buttcoin for weed? :laugh:

One of many, many weed-based bitcoin variants.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Let's all agree that -- the contents of his tiny, black heart aside -- Jason Miller looks like a gross sausage man with a goatee

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/874796201467682818

Can't wait for Trump to call Harris a "nasty woman" on Twitter tomorrow morning

Lol the literal only time anyone has ever said "agree to disagree" is when they know they were severely owned

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

deep web creep posted:

Let's all agree that -- the contents of his tiny, black heart aside -- Jason Miller looks like a gross sausage man with a goatee

Omit the "man" and then I'm with you on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/874805671203655680

• Locked thread