Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That episode stomped on and broke my heart.

Jimmy has gone full heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Steve2911 posted:

Maybe she'll kill herself.

After winning the kitty cat stickers? No way

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Jawdins posted:

I don't think she could drop the lawsuit even if she wanted to.

I once got a check for a class action payout. I hadn't even heard of the suit before that. These things are run 100% by the lawyers. They'd probably just pick another class representative if she withdrew her claim.

Jimmy wasn't trying to make her drop her claim, he was trying to make her accept the significant settlement that Sandpiper had already offered instead of heeding D&M's advice to hold out for an even better offer.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Slashrat posted:

Jimmy wasn't trying to make her drop her claim, he was trying to make her accept the significant settlement that Sandpiper had already offered instead of heeding D&M's advice to hold out for an even better offer.

The guy was saying Jimmy might have assumed she'd take the settlement but maybe she'll actually drop the whole thing instead and gently caress everyone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think a nursing home is going to deeply investigate a bingo game where the prizes are stickers.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why didn't they set all this in the nursing home Hector is in during BB

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't think a nursing home is going to deeply investigate a bingo game where the prizes are stickers.

Wait was that the whole prize?

They were getting so excited and clapping winners. :(

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Slashrat posted:

I know, I was no quoting the post above me

She probably should've​ considered the other old ladies' wishes anyway but I don't think she knew she could do that until Jimmy told her.

Steve2911 posted:

Wait was that the whole prize?

They were getting so excited and clapping winners. :(

Getting old sure sucks doesn't it?

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 13, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

Why didn't they set all this in the nursing home Hector is in during BB

Maybe they did. Wouldn't it suck if it was remodeled like two weeks before Hector blew it up?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

corn on the cop posted:

That episode stomped on and broke my heart.

Jimmy has gone full heel.

What I really like about Jimmy's arc is how they elegantly made someone who had a big heart become someone who is out for themselves. And the writers did it in a way that doesn't feel forced at all. I think using Rebecca, and Jimmy's response to her, was the turning point for him.

Also liked the nod (episode 8 I think) of him playing Smoke on the Water in reference to Season 1 finale.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Butt, butt hole... Butt butt butthole...

Nice that both that song and Marco were in the same episode, just like before.

I miss Marco being one of the few people who understood and loved Jimmy :smith:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In elderly people, stuff like social isolation, depression, and stress can be serious health concerns. What if Irene dies? :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In elderly people, stuff like social isolation, depression, and stress can be serious health concerns. What if Irene dies? :(

Saul will get one of the other old ladies to be in charge.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Plus everyone gets a bigger share of the pie.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm still waiting on my StarKist class-action tuna. What if the people in my old apartment kept it all for themselves instead of forwarding it??

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aliquid posted:

I'm still waiting on my StarKist class-action tuna. What if the people in my old apartment kept it all for themselves instead of forwarding it??

They would be committing a federal crime.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jawdins posted:

Did Jimmy break the law with Irene? He was very careful not to give legal advice, which he's not allowed to do. He didn't take any money from her. The rest was just Jimmy being a manipulative dick. Seems like he's legally clean here.

Jimmy became Saul in that moment, period.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

mobby_6kl posted:

Plus everyone gets a bigger share of the pie.

Season 4 is gonna be Jimmy hatching wacky schemes to emotionally manipulate the elderly into killing themselves.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Remember how what made Kim feel skeevy was that they messed with an old man?

I'm guessing that she won't take kindly to Jimmy gaslighting grandmas.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
When's Saul gonna cash that ice station zebra check?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Just watching the new episode now because I wasn't around last night, but goddamn Jimmy. I can take a lot of your nonsense and poo poo, but making poor Irene out to be a greedy villain to her friends is over the goddamn line.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I mentioned that I hated the car crash, but I also really hated Jimmy acting like he's every a Chris Tucker character when talking to Kim before she left.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh man, I love how Jimmy played this out to make Irene do what he wants her to do without breaking the law, but did he really has to do it the bad way?
I feel like telling Irene's friends and convincing them to convince Irene would have worked just fine, too. Go the nice way, make Irene have the thought "Hey, why don't I do this for my friends?" on her own, there was no need to put crushing pressure on her like that.

I mean seriously, no one loving clapped when she just raped that Bingo card. Jimmy could have murdered her brutally and it would have been by far more humane than this Bingo scene.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah he could have at least convinced Irene's friends to just talk to her, but maybe he was worried he'd get mentioned in that? He's not really supposed to be discussing this case with anyone if I understand correctly, so that being found out could have repercussions on him. But still, that loving awful.

Also I don't get why some of you think the car crash is the end of Kim's career. I don't think her clients are going to fault her for almost dying, and she's putting most of this pressure on herself. Clearly due to all the guilt she's caring with how they handled the Chuck situation, as she actually has a moral compass. Jimmy's is completely crooked.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I'm guessing the oil field guys miss the deadline and it causes problems for Mesa Verde too. So maybe not end Kim's career but definitely cause problems.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jimmy, you monster :smith:

I can't believe I'm in a situation where I hope Howard and Kim end up opening Hamlin-Wexler (Wexler-Hamlin) and dump those toxic McGill Brothers out of both their lives for good.... :(

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

[video][/video]

Mmmmmm, fuckin' hydrox cookies. Weirdest name, odd that they're just as good as (possibly better than) actual Oreos.

Oreos are a Hydrox knockoff, Hydrox came first. 1908 vs. 1912 according to Wikipedia.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Jerusalem posted:

I can't believe I'm in a situation where I hope Howard and Kim end up opening Hamlin-Wexler (Wexler-Hamlin) and dump those toxic McGill Brothers out of both their lives for good.... :(
Howard hasn't been particularly good to Kim in the past either, but I could definitely see them making amends over this.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

If I could time-travel I'd go back to early 2015 and tell myself Mike would be like my sixth-favorite character just to watch the reaction.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
This is probably meaningless but I just realized that there are two characters named Marco on this show.

Jerusalem posted:

It'd be really funny to see all the people in Jimmy's life who never met Walter White go on to live successful, happy, uncomplicated lives. Even Chuck. Because as toxic and lovely as Chuck is to Jimmy, Walt is a serial life-ruiner and Saul is just one of many victims.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 14, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
So is jimmy actually going to see any of that cash?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
God smote Kim for helping wicked Texas oilmen cheat the good people of the Land of Enchantment of their rightful due. :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

So is jimmy actually going to see any of that cash?

I think he will, but I bet he loses most of it somehow. Maybe helping Kim or trying to start an actual production company or something. Maybe his production company is Ice Station Zebra!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wonder when we're going to get an intersection between the Mike/Gus plot and Jimmy's plots that moves him into the criminal underworld. I'd love for them to shift gears and get him into full-on Saul Goodman crook mode for a few seasons before they call it quits. Him slowly poisoning the people around him is good TV, but tough to watch. Saul the criminal defense attorney is a lot more fun than this.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder when we're going to get an intersection between the Mike/Gus plot and Jimmy's plots that moves him into the criminal underworld. I'd love for them to shift gears and get him into full-on Saul Goodman crook mode for a few seasons before they call it quits. Him slowly poisoning the people around him is good TV, but tough to watch. Saul the criminal defense attorney is a lot more fun than this.

Agreed. I'm starting to worry that we may not get enough Saul time along with some Gene story.

It might be one or the other. Or neither.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 14, 2017

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think he will, but I bet he loses most of it somehow. Maybe helping Kim or trying to start an actual production company or something. Maybe his production company is Ice Station Zebra!

Somebody mentioned that's how he'll pay for his Saul office/keep himself afloat, which I think is a good theory as he still has a year of not practicing law.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He's still legally required to be gainfully employed. I don't know how much the courts would accept him being independently wealthy and not needing a job for a year.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
Just finished the episode a few minutes ago. Watching this was like watching someone wind their arm back to punch you in the gut, but you're paralyzed and can't move, and strangely enough, you're morbidly curious to see how painful the gut punch will be.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

he used an old woman to break my heart. thats illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

He's still legally required to be gainfully employed. I don't know how much the courts would accept him being independently wealthy and not needing a job for a year.

Eh, I doubt this would cause too much trouble since it is an already expected payout.

• Locked thread