Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Was Anthony Lapaglia dating a writer or some thing? He's in way too many episodes for a not interesting character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Same question but for Millicent Martin.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just wanna say thanks for all the Frasier talk. I love learning trivia about this show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagacity posted:

Same question but for Millicent Martin.

All of Daphne's family was garbage. And none of them sounded like they came from Manchester. Her dad was kinda funny sometimes though.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

obeyasia posted:

Just wanna say thanks for all the Frasier talk. I love learning trivia about this show.

You're welcome. I watch this show when I'm drunk and mentally drained from work. It's good for that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seasons 1-7 are some of the best TV ever written. No show has managed farce as well as Frasier did.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Oh no?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

It's a shame the british only ever make two 4 episode seasons of anything good.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The one good Family Guy joke ever was that one about how most of Monty Python is boring as gently caress.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gourmet Night may be my favorite half hour of TV ever. But Frasier still did farce better.

naem
May 29, 2011

There are like 12 minutes of good British television but they're fantastic

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

flesh is burning na na na na na na

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Wonder Weapon posted:

flesh is burning na na na na na na

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

naem posted:

There are like 12 minutes of good British television but they're fantastic

Peep Show was amazing :colbert:

https://youtu.be/5XZCYE4k2wU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why the gently caress was Frasier going to dump Claire for that terrible bitch Lana? What a loving idiot.

naem
May 29, 2011

Those are 6 of the twelve minutes yes

The other six are all just this guy making this face

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
does anyone else think it's canon that martin slept with edward at the end of 'out with dad'?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Hey everyone please read this frasier fic i wrote, please

quote:

Sheriff Niles - A Cheers/Frasier Expanded Universe Fanfiction

Niles sat on the precipice of the cliff and let out a long, satisfied breath. The sun was setting over the little old west town he had come to call home, drenching the sand in red and orange, interrupted by the cool winding shadows of rock formations both near and in the distance. It had been a big change, leaving his old life as a psychiatrist and coming here in his brother Frasier’s time machine, but he had never been happier.

He would never forget the day it had arrived. He was at Frasier’s apartment, watching TV with his Father and Daphne. Daphne. He still thought about her, but every time he did he was slightly ashamed at how long it had been. Ever since he had fallen in love with that whore from the saloon and had sex for the first time it had changed his life immeasurably. Frasier had been embroiled in a conflict with a caller on his radio show, someone who had called Frasier a “big doody,” and of course had shanghaied his closest family members into helping him resolve the issue. In a moment that had seemed to last an instant and stech into forever, the room was filled with a brilliant flash of light, every color of the spectrum and yet its very own. The light vanished and in its stead was a mahogany box the size of a closet that was puffing odorless purple smoke out of an exhaust pipe on its side.

Out came Frasier, drenched in blood. Frasier, of course, was still where he was moments ago, mouth now agape, staring at this new Frasier wildly. But new was the wrong word to describe him, the Frasier that stepped out of this box was grey and overgrown, his skin wrinkled and spotted, his red hangdog eyes drinking in the scene. He seemed distant from this place now, estranged from his idiom. He sniffed the air and approached his doppelgänger. He whispered something in his ear, and then turned to the rest of the room and announced that the time machine he had come into now belonged to them, to do with whatever they saw fit. He then sloped toward the door, patted Eddie on the head, and rode down the elevator, never to be seen by anyone in that room again.

It started small at first. After the initial shock wore off, Frasier took the opportunity to take his family on a tour through his glory days at Cheers. The young barflies took an interest, and a couple of them ended up joining them on their further adventures through history. These were wonderful days to be sure, seeing King Lear performed by Shakespeare’s company, “running into” Sigmund Freud and had a wonderful, mind expanding discussion, standing on the stony and firey surface of an earth still millions of years from supporting life.

Time Travel quickly wears on a person, however, and after a (relative) year of timehopping Niles and a few of the others had expressed a desire to settle down for a while. Niles had won a deed to a small town in the old west in a poker game some months back, and thought it a good opportunity to create a community for this group of people who no longer seemed to fit anywhere else in space and time. He became the sheriff, a role he was surprised at how easily he fit into. His father would have been proud, had he not gone insane shortly after seeing the two Frasiers in the same room at the same time.

He had put Carla in charge of the saloon, a place not unlike Cheers, and with much of the same clientele, with the important distinction that the clientele was made up of “time variants” of the regulars. Carla herself was 80 years old and completely bald. Woody was still in his prime, lifting casks and crates and ranching in his off time. Four Norms from four times each sat at their own corner of the bar. Cliff had died during one of their adventures, but they had uploaded a copy of his consciousness to a wisecracking computer console that stood in the corner and answered any trivia question you could ask it, much to the chagrin of Carla, who had only ever really liked Cliff for his sexual availability whenever those times came that her husband would show up, impregnate and abandon her. Sam “Mayday” Malone had also died, of an advanced future STD that made his body collapse in on itself and turned his bones into chalk. Coach was alive and puttering around though, so that was nice.

Some of their friends from Seattle had come along as well, although Niles did not like to think about that too much. Roz was of course doing fine, taking the opportunity to become the promiscuous gunslinging outlaw she seemed to have been destined to become. But Gil Chesterton did not make it through the winter, having refused to adjust his lifestyle to the hard conditions of the desert, and he had had to hang “Bulldog” Briscoe for the unspeakable time crimes he had committed, crimes so severe they cannot bear repeating here. Niles wondered often if they would ever know the extent of the damage he had caused, at one time theorizing that the root of man’s evil could be traced back to the Bulldog. He had not seen Frasier in over ten years.

It would soon be too dark to safely climb down the mountain and back into town, so Niles stood up, brushed off his pants, and began his walk. Just then, time froze and Niles’ eyes were filled with a brilliant symphony of light that he knew could only mean one thing. He approached the smoking time machine. A mustached man who was just around fifty years out of step with time stepped out. Niles felt that he had seen this man somewhere before, that he knew him in some way.

“Dr. Crane?” the man asked.

“Yes, that’s me,” Niles replied.

H.G. Wells shot Niles in the stomach and went back into his time machine.

---

H.G. Wells knew this day had been coming for years. That was nothing new, he had known practically everything that was going to happen for longer than he hadn’t, but today felt different. He felt a sick feeling in his gut, but there was a relief to it. He would no longer be burdened by the weight of all time and soon he would be able to freely rejoin it. He checked his watch. Any second now.

The room filled with light and a haggard, hardened man with wild grey hair strode out of the time machine. Wells squinted. The long forgotten sensation of uncertainty began to creep up through his spine. This couldn’t be it, this couldn’t be the man who was supposed to be here. He had to be sure.

“Dr. Crane?” H.G. Wells asked.

“Yes, that’s me,” Frasier replied.

Frasier shot H.G. Wells in the stomach, crossed the room to the original time machine, and disappeared.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
The episode where frasier pretends to be gay to hang out with Patrick Stewart is great lmbo

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Season 9 is really sucking dick my friends

My wife got so mad at the flag episode she demanded we skip it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I won't defend anything past season 7.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

FunkyAl posted:

Carla herself was 80 years old and completely bald
I giggled, I think it was the use of "herself" that really did the trick

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

Season 9 is really sucking dick my friends

My wife got so mad at the flag episode she demanded we skip it

9/11 claimed two of the main writers I think. There's still some good episodes in the next couple seasons, but it does go down hill. Frasier's decline is one of those things you can blame 9/11 for.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

9/11 claimed two of the main writers I think. There's still some good episodes in the next couple seasons, but it does go down hill. Frasier's decline is one of those things you can blame 9/11 for.

Were they on a plane? Or just chilling at the WTC?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Plane.

I still tend to think the show's best days were behind it either way. I mean, it was just getting old.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Frasier's apartment is so drat cool. It's probably my favorite set on any television show I've ever watched

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
So far this season has two (three maybe?) episodes where the Crane boys argue and daddy makes them kiss and make up

I just want more Roz

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Frasier's apartment is so drat cool. It's probably my favorite set on any television show I've ever watched

Hey Arnold's is better

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Childhood is idolizing Hey Arnold's room

Adulthood is realizing Frasier's apartment makes more sense

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like Nile's apartment, that apparently he doesn't own because he's always under the threat of being kicked out.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like Nile's apartment, that apparently he doesn't own because he's always under the threat of being kicked out.

If you own a condo you can still be kicked out for violating the condo rules.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier's place has 3.5 bathrooms. Insane.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always appreciated how weirdly cramped Frasier's kitchen was when you consider how the rest of his apartment is absolutely sprawling.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I liked the way Niles' apartment grew in size over the course of the show until it just got ridiculous with gift wrapping rooms, secret doorways and third floors.

'It's practically a crawl space'.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It is hard to imagine Niles making tons of cash

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
got a big divorce settlement from maris though

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Carpet posted:

got a big divorce settlement from maris though

Even without that I think he still makes somewhere in the mid to high 6 figures. It's also weird that he got a big settlement because they talk about Maris' prenup a bunch of times before they decided to launch the "his lawyer gets Daphne" storyline. It was cool that his divorce took like 3 years though. That was pretty realistic.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

ElGroucho posted:

I just want more Roz

Don't we all, my friend. :allears:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jesus, how many episodes is this old British oval office in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

ElGroucho posted:

Jesus, how many episodes is this old British oval office in?

the rest of them