Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Now that gender is subjective and mutable, all bathrooms should just be co-ed.

The idea of a gender-exclusive anything seems extremely archaic, if not discriminatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

James Baud posted:

Ask Arivia, s/he seems to enjoy rudely expressing very strong views on how wrong women are, hypocritically marginalizing half of half the population as TERFs.

Abloo bloo bloo bloo. I said nothing of the sort, you're just being hyperbolic to defend your own bigoted position. Grow up.

@Jordan7hm: Bathrooms are the most common setting to discuss, but locker rooms are frequently in the exact same breath. Law is the exact same since they're supposedly exclusively gendered spaces.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Agnosticnixie posted:

It's kinda funny since in the end most of the push towards bathroom laws is insecure cishet men afraid to accidentally find a trans woman attractive.

I gotta say I saw a Bailey Jay video once (dunno how, a virus must have put it on my screen, or a hacker, you know how these things go) and man that lights up some confusing neural pathways.

Could see that leading to flailing anger in some insecure dudes.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 26, 2018

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Maybe dont be a poo poo and attack people on a personal level, especially knowing their troubled background?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

the trump tutelage posted:

Now that gender is subjective and mutable, all bathrooms should just be co-ed.

If both genders can hear and smell each other take gnarly shits it's going to do a number on sexual attraction and then we are going to get less babies and end up in a Japan situation.

Also women are slightly more filthy about their public bathrooms and we don't need to make ours any worse than they already are.

If you were born a woman but identify as a man, you are welcome to use the historical dudes room but I expect you to keep to our slightly better bathroom hygiene standards if you want to stay in the club.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm personally fine with merging bathrooms. All it'd entail is admitting that we can't handle urinals as a society. Stalls for all.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Urinals are useless anyway. For maximum throughput, a piss-trough is the needful.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm on your side but let me tear you down a peg for fun

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

DariusLikewise posted:

Gosh don't get so angry.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
CanPol Megathread: Funky Cold Madina

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Argas posted:

Gosh don't get so angry.

Listen don't speak for all trains people, I know many so I am not a transphobic and I know for a fact they LOVE being discriminated against and it makes their lives super easy.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm personally fine with merging bathrooms. All it'd entail is admitting that we can't handle urinals as a society. Stalls for all.

I was at the Regent Park Aquatic Centre a while ago and this was basically the change room situation. They only have one unisex change room with smaller private stalls off it to actually change in.

It felt very near futuristic.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

DariusLikewise posted:

Listen don't speak for all trains people...

Better not. I've got serious opinions about steam powered locos and I don't want to hear any sweeping statements about what "my people" think.

This is not actually a joke post. :colbert:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
shut up you loving retards

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste faggots posted:

shut up you loving retards

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

James Baud posted:

My bigoted position? I'm on your side on human rights!

Funny how you're on my side and yet you're finding literally every excuse you can in order to justify bigotry with appeals to what your "cis women friends" think.

quote:

And it's not bigoted to jab at you because you (specifically you) are all hosed up, it's just fact - you've flipped out at some length in the past about your experiences in the mental health system. You'll perhaps notice I'm not taking wild swings at the other trans posters in the last couple pages?

Good job dude! You decided to go after a victim for being a victim. You're a real star!

Yes, I've talked about my bad experiences in the past with one particular doctor when they're relevant. If you don't like people sharing stories of their own tribulations and trials, that's your problem. You're welcome to experience what I went through and what I've done to work past it - I'm sure the current therapist I'm seeing, and all the other health care professionals I've talked to, would be happy to tell you how horrifying what happened to me was and how well I'm doing at recovering. Speaking of, I happen to like the mental health system. A lot of great people, doing a lot of great work - there are some bad spots, but that's the same with any profession.

So yeah, if you want to go after me because I was hosed up by bad treatment and I'm dealing and mending as best as I can, you should really rethink what the gently caress you're doing. Seriously, if you're trying to revictimize me in order to win an Internet argument, you're more hosed up than me.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 14, 2017

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I think the guy who has apparently memorized every poster in here's post history is more hosed up than anyone else in here, tbh.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/military-single-moms-1.4157353

lol just abolish the cf already. this loving organization has proven to be nothing other than a hive of loving retards and i sure as gently caress don't want these loving retards prosecuting my national interests overseas

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
hey maybe we can merge the rcmp and the cf into a katamari of retarded poo poo. like literally a bunch of retard with diapers making GBS threads themselves as they roll around canada and overseas fighting for freedom

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The RCMP is really bad and terrible yeah

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
But then who will supply our home-grown mentally ill "terrorists" with the C4 to make bombs?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
LOL yeah I'm obviously the dumbass with issues for not being able to recite your posts from memory.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

James Baud posted:

You should really reconsider the whole "aggressively dishing what you can't take" thing.

Again dude if you think getting spanked in a political discussion is comparable to or justifies trying to revictimize someone over their trauma then you really need to think some stuff through.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
If we're going to obsessively detail the posting history of Canpol regulars, does anyone remember which goon it was whose preferred form of government was a set of benevolent philosopher kings?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

HookShot posted:

But then who will supply our home-grown mentally ill "terrorists" with the C4 to make bombs?

They be forced to become self-reliant, like Wiebo. Now there's a mentally ill man who can get things done!

Better mental health, better terrorism. We can do it, Canada!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

The Dark One posted:

If we're going to obsessively detail the posting history of Canpol regulars, does anyone remember which goon it was whose preferred form of government was a set of benevolent philosopher kings?

the name escapes me - it was the guy who liked singapore so much though

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

The Dark One posted:

wasn't me, i want malicious idiot queens

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
the guy I wonder about the most often is Dogbert or whatever

did he ever find a job that made him stop whining?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's plenty of women who don't want to see or be near a penis when in a place like a spa due to certain reasons (sexual assault) but since no one brought that up I'm going to assume that there's not enough of them to matter and if they don't want to deal with it they shouldn't go to any kind of spa.

e: to clarify, I am speaking of victims of sexual assault who very understandably may not be comfortable around penises

Eej fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 14, 2017

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

The Dark One posted:

Fraternite?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

pokeyman posted:

Fraternite?

Yeah, that was it! He just disappeared one day.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

James Baud posted:

My bigoted position? I'm on your side on human rights!

Initially mis-read as "My bigfoot position?".

All downhill from there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
tbf Fraternite was probably right and a benevolent philosopher ruler probably would be the best form of government provided you agreed with the individual ruler about what the preferred goals would be, the problem was that a) lol Singapore doesn't really count unless you're super into authoritarian free-market police states as ideal societies, and b) it's literally impossible to establish a set of institutions that would ensure benevolent-philosopher-monarch rule from one generation to the next.

Other than the small practical problems though, yeah, let's all totally circle-jerk over how our chosen philosopher-monarch would fix everything without all those petty checks and balances getting in the way. iirc that was what Fraternite mostly did.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, that was it! He just disappeared one day.

I think he was banned for posting in another subforum. If I recall properly it was something like he gave somebody in E/N or Ask/Tell advice and one of the mods there had apparently told him in the past that if he ever came back he would be banned. My memory on this is a bit sketchy because it happened years ago now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

DariusLikewise posted:

The left in 2017, everyone. :golfclap: