Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

I always heard monster Hunter was great but have never played any or seen the series in action. As a total outsider, the E3 trailer looked painfully boring. Are they all just dinosaurs that ignore the player until you set a trap and trigger something? It looked bizzare and like a scripted proof of concept.
On top of what the other people said, they're also just historically real bad at cutting trailers for monhuns and have a habit of misrepresenting the games as actually having something to do with hunting. pretty much all the trailers and CG intros for their games look like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm sure we'll get horizon 2 before 2020

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

homeless snail posted:

On top of what the other people said, they're also just historically real bad at cutting trailers for monhuns and have a habit of misrepresenting the games as actually having something to do with hunting. pretty much all the trailers and CG intros for their games look like that

I appreciate that actually, glad to know even fans of the series think that was weird. I was never going to buy a handheld for it but I'll keep an eye out if this one gets good feedback.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe I'll have finished the first one by then :smith:

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
HZD is great but seriously, where the hell is your robot dog companion? Would pay $10 for that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not talking about selling systems, either. I'm talking about people who have a playstation and are now discouraged to play it.

Are you seriously discouraged to play it? How is the console any different than it was last week or last month? No one is console warrioring here . I think most everyone is just saying "ok. So what. Moving on..."

Like I could seriously give not one little tiny dingleberry of a gently caress about this. Would it he better with crossplay? Sure. Has it tarnished the PS4 experience at all? Nope.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Real Opinion: I don't want the xbox and PC community ruining my pure Sony PlayStation experience.

All the good games are exclusives anyway so who cares.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Feenix posted:

Are you seriously discouraged to play it? How is the console any different than it was last week or last month? No one is console warrioring here . I think most everyone is just saying "ok. So what. Moving on..."

Okay, are you under the impression that I'm suggesting this means people are going to be discouraged to play the PS4? Because I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the PS4 version of this particular game. I'm having a hard time telling what you're trying to say.

If this isn't what you mean, yeah, I'm pretty sour on the idea of continuing to play RL on my PS4, because I don't have enough friends playing it on that console enough for me to support the difference regardless. I'm gonna stick to PC for the time being and reassess my options when all of the other versions are out.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 14, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Old PS4 thread trope, but it's true about Monster Hunter. You have to play it for a while to get it and also find a weapon you find fun. After three non-starter attempts to get into it on both the PSP and 3DS, I ended up getting really, really into it in 4 by just plodding through all the situations where they didn't explain poo poo and also asking a friend some specific questions as well as following the thread here a while. I'd frankly be surprised if they did any better job explaining poo poo in the new PS4 one. If they do, that'd be great for getting new players up to speed though. Also, dropping players into combat early helps. They started doing that in the more recent titles and it definitely makes things more interesting. They also show the bigger, crazier monsters early in little missions where you're not expected to win but run away and realize that eventually you'll be good enough to beat them, thus giving you a taste of what's to come.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

JBP posted:

Real Opinion: I don't want the xbox and PC community ruining my pure Sony PlayStation experience.

All the good games are exclusives anyway so who cares.

the dirty pc master race is already in your rocket league bro

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is it too late to say Life is Strange loving owns

Why no one tell me about this good game. :c

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

verbal enema posted:

people are generally very positive about it around here

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

this video says monster hunter is also coming to xbox and eventually PC which is really surprising, since the online one is the only one that's ever been on PC (and is apparently awful).

I have a lot of good memories of tri so it may be weird finally going back to the series, complete with its utter obtuseness. I remember spending so much time on gamefaqs looking up all the weird poo poo you'd probably never figure out on your own.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Well make sure you play 30 seconds in before you judge it too early--once you hear the first line of dialogue in the game, you'll see it for how bad it truly is!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm tryna get some flashdrive rn IDC It feels like a prototype west version of persona without combat and I can dig it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Digirat posted:

Well make sure you play 30 seconds in before you judge it too early--once you hear the first line of dialogue in the game, you'll see it for how bad it truly is!

Do you mind? I was about to post this.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Rocket League crossplay argument has run it's course.

The PC can play with the PS4 and these are the two largest markets. You can add up all the switches and Xbox players together and they still wouldn't equal half the PS4 player base. You will still find matches and you will still be able to play with it. There is no need for SONY to allow crossplay just because poor Microsoft is losing player base. They were happy to do exactly the same in the 360/Xbone years and them acting all gracious and "I just wish we could all get along" now is bunkum.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'll drop the discussion, but Microsoft hasn't commented on the matter at all. That kind of misrepresents things a bit.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Something weird is happening with my PS4.

Is very loud lately. This night was shutdown and it was loud has hell. It seems has been hot all night running some update. Or maybe Sony is running bitcoin bots on my console, I dunno.

Is not dirt. I opened it to clean it, and I was surprising to find it completely clean. (did not opened everything, to not do damage).

I am not a expert in things, is the magical glue that make my cpu cool evaporated and my cpu is turning uncool?

For reference I live in the (bad) part of Spain where is either too cold to survive or too hot to survive, but this has not happened before to me, and I have owned countless computers and gadgets.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there a hamster inside of it?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'll drop the discussion, but Microsoft hasn't commented on the matter at all. That kind of misrepresents things a bit.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/874689238612058113

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I meant commentary about Sony's decision. Either way, my perspective was not to defend Microsoft's honor, but from my position as someone who has an interest in these games and their players.

VideoGames also asked us to drop it, so let that be the final word on it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

I meant commentary about Sony's decision.

read between the lines

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I stole that from the e3 thread but also remembered the original meme spawned on SA like 10 years ago (like many memes then). Can't find it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 14, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats a sweet frog

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I stole that from the e3 thread but also remembered the original meme spawned on SA like 10 years ago (like many memes then). Can't find it
It's big in Japan too where it's called the gaijin four-panel (外人4コマ)

edit:
]

Sometimes I don't understand.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 14, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Monster Hunter is a fun game that easily makes you lose track of time.
I was getting tired of them but Monster Hunter World may make me come back because I can again relax and play the game on a big screen.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I feel bad about Sony.

They tried to murder that kid, Hoff. I was initially happy the won the console wars against Microsoft, because Microsoft was tryiing to slave humanity and sell the organs of poor people to rich people, so rich people live forever.

My initial happiness is turning sour. Sony is not winning the victory. They are cock-blocking the other console makers to maintain dominance, they retain customers hostage and punish.

They can punish customers and make customers life harder because they have market dominance.

I am a customer, and getting punished is not what I want. what I really want is more games, more indie games, and better prices. I basically want Steam on the PS4. Maybe not Steam-Steam, but the low prices, variety of games, freshness of games.

They really are not doing the things to deserve this market dominance.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PSN already has Early Access poo poo on it so it's halfway there.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

el oso posted:

HZD is great but seriously, where the hell is your robot dog companion? Would pay $10 for that.

I do get a robot horse.

Its name is R04CH

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I can't wait to buy and play monster hunter on ps4, switch and probably pc as well because why the hell not

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

PSN already has Early Access poo poo on it so it's halfway there.

Early Access is cancer, but is good cancer. I see myself sometimes checking the Early Access tab in Steam and I don' t even do PC gaming anymore.

Early Access is good if you like to play very experimental games with mechanics that maybe are not ironed out and glued more with enthusiasm than good practices. The untamed frontier of the cutting edge of what is possible with games and some talented indies.

Not related, but Portal Knights is a nice game to play with small kids. Kind of a happy happy lalala game, combat dense.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So my friend bought a PS4 and gave me his PS3 for 30 bucks. I have eighty PS Plus games and I'm buying Demon's Souls. What exclusives that aren't available on PS4 should I grab I'm not thinking of?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Team Ico collection. Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Yakuza 3,4,5. Red Dead Redemption.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Hate to be 'that guy' but the Metal Gear collection was on 360

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So was Red Dead 👀

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Team Ico collection. Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Yakuza 3,4,5. Red Dead Redemption.

Oh Red Dead's a good idea, I sold it a while back and wouldn't mind giving it another go.

quote:

Hate to be 'that guy' but the Metal Gear collection was on 360

I played MGS1 on Gamecube and 2 on Xbox lol

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Its not the real metal gear on GameCube but its a nice version.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

JBP posted:

Do you m

I don't like where this post is headed! I'm done reading it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

TFRazorsaw posted:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-wants-ps4-and-xbox-one-to-connect-online/1100-6435633/

Bonus content:

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/13/xbox-boss-phil-spencer-says-hes-not-a-fan-of-marketing-deals-with-console-exclusive-content/