Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

HookShot posted:

Ahh I assumed it was some kind of Magic: The Gathering thing.

Your thinking of the card trading site 'Magic The Gathering Online eXchange' that turned into the bitcoin bank 'Mt. Gox'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

What does everyone think of the mammamia fiasco the past couple days?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hobo Erotica posted:

What does everyone think of the mammamia fiasco the past couple days?

been trash for a while mate

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

been trash for a while mate

The specific reaction to the Roxanne Gay thing I mean though

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They hosed up in a colossaly stupid way what else is there?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Comstar posted:

quote:

Human Human Services Minister Alan Tudge

A blatant lie. He's not a human, he's a robot who only finds pleasure in loving the poor.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

hey help me out, I've been living in the UK and stopped keeping up with auspol out of sheer loving disgust- ABC reports that some concentration camp victims won a settlement from the government but that benefits just a small cross section of detainees and it indicates nothing of the future of the camps or the people presently therein, yes? something mildly decent has happened but nothing explicitly good, right?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Nothing good has happened but a bunch of people in gulags are getting $30k each for their trouble. Still people in gulags, it's just $70M more that tax payers spend on it.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

bitmap posted:

something mildly decent has happened but nothing explicitly good, right?

So you HAVE kept up with auspol.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

They hosed up in a colossaly stupid way what else is there?

I was surprised by how vicious and personal the reaction was and curious to see if it was echoed here

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I would have to read the trash they put on mamamia in order to have a reaction, or know anything about whatever happened at all

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

okay, cool, death camps still there and being ignored and journos tried for sedition if they bring it up. business as usual.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I would have to read the trash they put on mamamia in order to have a reaction, or know anything about whatever happened at all

No you don't it was all over SMH and pedestrian and ABC and facebook and I think even some international press, and it was about a podcast not the website

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hobo Erotica posted:

No you don't it was all over SMH and pedestrian and ABC and facebook and I think even some international press, and it was about a podcast not the website

Haven't seen it on facebook at all, and I generally only visit news sites when directly linked to articles, and I've not been for this.

I think Mia Freedman was deprived of Oxygen for too long in some unreported teenage incident, so I've really been more interested in other politics lately, rather than her demented activities.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
What's the mammamia thing?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I think Mia Freedman was deprived of Oxygen for too long in some unreported teenage incident

Why?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

She's a feminist who was inspired, by rejecting the idea that she could be told there's a right way to be feminist, to a career chiefly revolving around telling other women they're doing feminism wrong.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

She wrote a thing that basically fat shamed an international guest and humiliated her.

NTRabbit posted:

Haven't seen it on facebook at all, and I generally only visit news sites when directly linked to articles, and I've not been for this.

I think Mia Freedman was deprived of Oxygen for too long in some unreported teenage incident, so I've really been more interested in other politics lately, rather than her demented activities.

She wanted international recognition and she's got it now.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Shame. I only know her from her interview with Richard Fidler and it was pretty good.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Last I heard of her she was defending clickbait on Mamamia on Download This Show on RN.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

SUNCORP changed their logo into an rear end in a top hat

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Mia Freedman is a feminist only in that she's for the advancement of woman.

That woman being Mia Freedman.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

SUNCORP changed their logo into an rear end in a top hat

It is both the arsehole and the ring at the same time, brilliant.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
that looks like a soft drink logo from 1970

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

She interviewed Roxanne Gay, an author who was promoting a book called 'Hunger: a memoir of my body'. It deals with the experience of being a fat person in the world. Buying 2 plane seats, etc. As part of the introduction, she disclosed that Gay's publicist had asked unique questions in the lead up to the interview - such as the distance to the studio, and notably, how big the lift was and whether there was a goods lift.
The author took to twitter to express her displeasure, and everyone picked up on it and has pounced on Friedman with what feels like an unsettling level of glee.

If Gay's weight and the impact that has on her experience in the world was some kind of secret, rather than being the the purpose of her being there, it would be one thing, but it wasn't. And people are attacking Friedman in really nasty and personal ways, and I'm trying to understand it.

Seems like it's echoed here.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

She's a feminist who was inspired, by rejecting the idea that she could be told there's a right way to be feminist, to a career chiefly revolving around telling other women they're doing feminism wrong.

See I don't get this. Listening to the podcast pretty regularly I'd say the exact opposite. Have you got any examples?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Hobo Erotica posted:

Seems like it's echoed here.

Is she the one who's a little bit fygm/figjam, a little bit "as a guilty mum" and a little bit "FEMINISM NOW! ABOLISH THE PATRIARCHY!"?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Schlesische posted:

Is she the one who's a little bit fygm/figjam, a little bit "as a guilty mum" and a little bit "FEMINISM NOW! ABOLISH THE PATRIARCHY!"?

and a lot unpaid interns

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

You Am I posted:

I meant about us three. I can't remember anyone else in this thread posting back in the LF days. Most of them have either left SA or burnt out.

The Nandos chat was counter-revolutionary and disgraceful by today's posting standard.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

The Nandos chat was counter-revolutionary and disgraceful by today's posting standard.

Man but how fuckin good is that chicken

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I wouldn't know. Only bourgies can eat at nandos.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Nandos chicken is overpriced garbage. :colbert:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Extra hot or you can simply get the gently caress out

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Not really (maybe a bit figjam but hey), a bit, and kind of

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Nandos is just disappointing. It's barely spicy and way overpriced.

Ogalo is where it's at. Make sure to get it every time I'm back in Sydney. Hopefully they'll open a store up here some time.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nandos has nothing on KFC and KFC is poo poo.

Eat somewhere else.

Competing for the best place to get fast food is like competing for how much raw sewerage one person can drink.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
If you haven't gone to Silva's in Petersham I'm not sure you technically classify as having lived a life

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Terrible person who eats at Oporto checking in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Man but how fuckin good is that chicken

Can't believe my fellow comrades bought into the hype.

• Locked thread