Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
This is not going to be good on any level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/874958771742814208

It's jumping off

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Deleted. What was it?

KabukiAvenger
Jul 15, 2008
shooting at congressional baseball practice - majority whip steve scalise and at least 5 others hit.

50 + rounds fired, at least one shooter with a rifle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Deleted. What was it?

It's not time to talk about gun control

https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/874957922098442240

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Someone has shot up a GOP baseball game and hit the Majority Whip. Other GOP staffers and congressional members in attendance and may have been hit

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
this is not good

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Oh God, this is not loving happening....

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

gently caress gently caress fuckity gently caress

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Suspect is in custody already

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Do we know the status of Scalise?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Holy gently caress hope all are ok

Please be ok

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How soon till we get "Gunmans facebook shows support for "insert liberal thing"?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The last time a member of Congress was shot it didn't change anything so why the breathless panic now?

Other than murder being bad in general that is.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

The last time a member of Congress was shot it didn't change anything so why the breathless panic now?
It's a Republican this time.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

sean10mm posted:

Depends on who the shooter is. Last time it was a right wing terrorist freedom fighter, which doesn't count or make changes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Inferior Third Season posted:

It's a Republican this time.

Yeah this time it's more like WWI.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

sean10mm posted:

Other than murder being bad in general that is.

Because a congressman got shot?

It also ruins any chance of me posting on page 666 today. Hail Satan.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I have no sympathy for these people. They want to murder millions of Americans by taking away their health care. Hard to shed any tears about they themselves getting murdered.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Post on Reddit saying Scalise was hit in hip and should be fine.

No fatalities yet.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

III Percent militia fucks don't need any more reasons to role play as Brownshirts. That's why this is bad.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I'm proud of you guys who haven't written off the humanity of GOP congressmen. Wish I was still there with you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sky Shadowing posted:

Post on Reddit saying Scalise was hit in hip and should be fine.

No fatalities yet.

loving casual

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I will not shed one tear. If AHCA passes how many people has the GOP majority whip personally responsible for their deaths?

I wish he had been hit by an asteroid or stuck by lightning instead, or swallowed by a sink hole. I don't like violence. But I don't give a gently caress about him. He can go to hell.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

BBC reporting Scalise will be fine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40275055

Countdown to the Trump tweet and his Reichstag fire moment.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I'm proud of you guys who haven't written off the humanity of GOP congressmen. Wish I was still there with you.

It's not even about them, it's about the possibility of this becoming an excuse to manufacture a dictatorship

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ummmmm

quote:

On Monday the House of Representatives’ majority whip, Steve Scalise of Louisiana, confirmed that he gave at least one speech to a recognized white nationalist hate group, the European-American Unity and Rights Organization. EURO was founded by David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard. The May 2002 conference Scalise participated in was billed as a workshop on protecting white “civil rights” and “heritage.”

According to a conference attendee who posted on Stormfront, a white supremacist forum, Rep. Scalise spoke about how the Department of Housing and Urban Development was a “slush fund” that gave money away to “a selective group based on race.”

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

It's tough, but I just can't...I'm not that mean although there are times.... I just think back to what happened to Gabby Giffords and oy...this is terrible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I thought it was assumed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I will not shed one tear. If AHCA passes how many people has the GOP majority whip personally responsible for their deaths?

I wish he had been hit by an asteroid or stuck by lightning instead, or swallowed by a sink hole. I don't like violence. But I don't give a gently caress about him. He can go to hell.

Dude it's not about the one guy, and even if it was we shouldn't be cheering shooting people in the streets.

It's about what will touch off the powder keg, and in which direction.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wow someone really wanted to bury the Sessions hearing I guess

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Olympus posted:

It's not even about them, it's about the possibility of this becoming an excuse to manufacture a dictatorship

"The MLK Jr Memorial Baseball Park Fire" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
steve scalise can get hosed. my concern is about giving fascist leaning men in power more reason to be more fascist

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
If Scalise had a gun this wouldn't have happened. Thoughts and prayers

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
What was scalises actual stance on healthcare.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

This is very bad.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

paternity suitor posted:

This is very bad.

Are you deeply troubled?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm guessing his stance is 'I'm glad I've still got my coverage for this bullet in my hip, gently caress the rest of you.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shooter is reported as dead.

• Locked thread