Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Das Boo posted:

An echo chamber hosed us last election, I'm not sure what good doubling down is meant to do.

My PHUO is that the popular vote gaps in 2016 and 2000 say everything that you need to know about the legitimacy of US general elections, and focusing on step 2 of the below is how we resolve legitimacy issues:

1) One candidate wins most votes in a democracy.
2) (procedural stuff here)
3) The losing candidate wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

We could solve a lot of problems by forcing Florida to secede

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

We could solve a lot of problems by forcing Florida the South to secede

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nah. The Carolinas and Texas has good BBQ and Nashville, TN produces some good music. Florida is absolutely worthless.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Your state went red in greater percentage than mine did, and I'm southern.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm not sure if Jastiger legitimately calls for the death of millions of people or if he does it ironically

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

mind the walrus posted:

I know you know this but I feel like saying it anyway--It's to distract from the fact that huge swaths of the country prefer an Orange wannabe-Caudillo to what they're selling.

:sigh:
Life is sad.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Nashville, TN produces some good music

ew, dude

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I've posted about comic sans, autonomous cars, and maybe a few other things, but I have a feeling this is going to be the most controversial of all: everyone always talks about how incestual that one Folger's coffee commercial is.

I personally don't see it.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Mike Patton is the greatest vocalist ever

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Potato Salad posted:

My PHUO is that the popular vote gaps in 2016 and 2000 say everything that you need to know about the legitimacy of US general elections, and focusing on step 2 of the below is how we resolve legitimacy issues:

1) One candidate wins most votes in a democracy.
2) (procedural stuff here)
3) The losing candidate wins.

The best solution would be to have two presidents after each election, with each governing the states that voted for them.

If this had been the rule last year, California, New York, Illinois et al. would today have Clinton as president while Texas, Iowa, Pennsylvania etc. would have Trump as president.

It is the only fair way.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

I'm not sure if Jastiger legitimately calls for the death of millions of people or if he does it ironically

Where did i call for the death of millions of people?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't get the big deal about Eric Clapton and I feel kind-of guilty about that.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

We Know Catheters posted:

:agreed:

mind the walrus posted:

I don't get the big deal about Eric Clapton and I feel kind-of guilty about that.

He's like the most generic good guitarist ever. I honestly believe he's so popular because he's so non threatening.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

While he's always been popular as a recording artist, I don't think Clapton's really been considered a big deal as a guitarist since about 1970 or so.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Where did i call for the death of millions of people?

In many of your previous posts

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Clapton gets called overrated so often that he's actually become underrated.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

He is overrated but as a parent

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

In many of your previous posts

More like oldtruthless

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

You guys remember Herman's Head? Maybe I'll rewatch Herman's Head.

Holy poo poo, I thought I was the only person who remembered that. To the point I wasn't entirely sure I didn't dream it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Henchman of Santa posted:

Clapton gets called overrated so often that he's actually become underrated.

Unlike most really good guitarists he lived past his 20s so he just kinda slid into mediocrity.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Unlike most really good guitarists he lived past his 20s so he just kinda slid into mediocrity.

Also his past racist rear end in a top hat comments have colored opinions on him.

I'm hoping that when he dies people will look back on Cream and Derek & the Dominos rather than his lame solo hits.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Also his past racist rear end in a top hat comments have colored opinions on him.

I'm hoping that when he dies people will look back on Cream and Derek & the Dominos rather than his lame solo hits.

You don't like the song about his clumsy son?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

heh

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You should be able to report videos on Youtube for being garbage quality, like movie clips that are just some idiot filming their TV with their phone.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Reason: >It's poo poo!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Reason: >It's poo poo!

:itwaspoo:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

You don't like the song about his clumsy son?

I forget which thread, but someone on these forums made the quip that Clapton would have caught him if he were made of cocaine.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

Lawdy, yes. Even worse is you risk probation for slight dissent or even questioning the tide. Back when GBS had occasional news stories, I thought it was pretty neat you had folks pulling from multiple sources to try and validate info in the thread. That never seems to happen in DnD where if it fits the political narrative, good, don't question it. If it doesn't, you're a bigot making things up lalalalala!

An echo chamber hosed us last election, I'm not sure what good doubling down is meant to do.

D&D is a worthless subforum and its regulars are idiots. I like how they still act like they know what theyre talking about too. Like they still have this smug air of superiority and "Im so much smarter than you :smug: ", despite the fact that they were all hilariously and colossally wrong about the 2016 US Presidential election. They also seem to think Prestor Jane is some kind of prophet too, despite the fact that she's always wrong about everything.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Didn't know Prestor Jane was one of your alt accounts.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Didn't know Prestor Jane was one of your alt accounts.

If it was, her posts would be much better and cooler

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blue Star posted:

they were all hilariously and colossally wrong about the 2016 US Presidential election.

To be fair, literally every serious political mind was wrong about that election. Trump's camp didn't even expect to win.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Every news source had called it for Hillary from day one like it was a foregone conclusion and people still wonder why Trump doesn't like the media

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

To be fair, literally every serious political mind was wrong about that election. Trump's camp didn't even expect to win.

Hillary also won the popular by, what...3 million votes? It seemed tremendously bad for Trump so even the GOP was like "he won the primary, whatever let him run and lose."

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Russian hax are to blame.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Little brothers have been replaced at least once and their brood/ donation clusters are following themselves via your genetically superior loving brain.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

El Puerco posted:

Little brothers have been replaced at least once and their brood/ donation clusters are following themselves via your genetically superior loving brain.

Wrong thread, this opinion is actually not unpopular at all

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I skipped reading every other post just to not emptyquote this

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I've posted about comic sans, autonomous cars, and maybe a few other things, but I have a feeling this is going to be the most controversial of all: everyone always talks about how incestual that one Folger's coffee commercial is.

I personally don't see it.

??? which commercial? never heard of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

life is a joke posted:

??? which commercial? never heard of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Ir6CzxKl4

It's really incesty, imo.