Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

ReidRansom posted:

Something mattered.

What are you talking about? This provided no twitter entertainment for me!

Here's my dog begging for popcorn:

Xombie fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

sad we're not getting any new special elections out of all this

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Well if it were terrorism related you know we'd of heard that already, so we have that going for us.

It was a white dude, so terrorism is pretty hilariously far from the motivation (because we don't classify right-wing extremist shootings as terrorism in the US.)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blitz7x posted:

I just heard on Fox that he is getting ready to go into surgery.

Lord, please be with Rep. Scalise as he prepares for surgery to heal his injury. Let Your Spirit be with the medical staff caring for him. Provide comfort for his family. Heal all those injured and affected during this tragic time. Guide our President to make the right choices during his tenure. We pray that the police apprehend the shooter quickly. Please bless America and continue to protect our country and keep us heading down the correct path. Through Christ out Lord, Amen.

bleh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Do we know if they got the dude alive?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Harrow posted:

2. I still don't want people indiscriminately murdered, regardless of how repugnant their beliefs and actions are.

A targeted assassination is the exact opposite of indiscriminate murder, just fyi.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Radish posted:

Before GPS and phones this was a real pain in the rear end.

Also no matter what really happened by noon the President will claim that there is a terrorist threat to all Republicans and maybe even imply that the DNC is behind it.

I'm sure his phone was physically wrested from his hands upon hearing the news.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Moxie posted:

Any political motivation is going to be bad for everyone.

Nah, if they're conservative this poo poo is getting swept under the rug about as fast as it did when Giffords got shot.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
50 shots, only 3 people hit? Shooter didn't even break the mendoza line.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Spiritus Nox posted:

Do we know if they got the dude alive?

We've heard equally confident statements both ways.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jeremy posted:

JFC, this is the kind of poo poo that springs up on extremist forums, which I'm sincerely hoping SA has not become. You (and I) might hate their politics, but they're still human beings.

Being flippant in the face of tragedies is about as classic SA as it comes, I wouldn't take it too seriously this time either. Go back and read the 9/11 thread and see how well the heartfelt unity held up.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rabbit Hill posted:

Arlington, VA, is not rural Texas or rural Virginia, for that matter. It's fully within the DC-Boston urban megalopolis.

Guessing you mean Baltimore, because Boston is a nine-hour Amtrak ride from DC.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

I'm sure his phone was physically wrested from his hands upon hearing the news.

I expect all Republicans to use that as an example of how the media reporting on their actions stoking extreme opinions is resulting in violence targeted at the true persecuted group in America, right wingers. They are probably just work shopping the best way to phrase it right now.

Timby posted:

We are already in the Judge Dredd future.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Being flippant in the face of tragedies is about as classic SA as it comes, I wouldn't take it too seriously this time either. Go back and read the 9/11 thread and see how well the heartfelt unity held up.

I still remember where I was when someone gif'd the rock doing the peoples elbow into the north tower.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When I saw scalises hip explode
I had to shoot my load

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Timby posted:

Generally Boston to DC is considered a continuous megalopolis for various high level sociological and statistical matters.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Another great example is the thread about the London high-rise fire. There's some serious "too soon" content there. But meh, that's SA for you.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

Timby posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_megalopolis

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I still remember where I was when someone gif'd the rock doing the peoples elbow into the north tower.

The fresh prince dancing it down

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

:golfclap:

Do people even use that reference anymore? I haven't heard that in 20 years.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Chilichimp posted:

Definitely a left-winger then, right-wingers are better shots :911:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Data Graham posted:

We've heard equally confident statements both ways.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/874971795362897921

the racist will survive, you can all relax.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BarbarianElephant posted:

The general vibe I'm getting from this thread is "A shame he's expected to recover" - what's that if not support for murder. I'll probably get banned for this. But you guys have lost the plot.

There isn't a plot. Your belief that one exists is a personal problem.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Radish posted:

Before GPS and phones this was a real pain in the rear end.

My favorite little tidbit about the roads at the VA/D.C. border is that the police patrolling the Pentagon make a really disproportionate number of DWI arrests. Drunks get confused by the exits and signage at the intersections of Jefferson Davis Hwy, the G.W. Parkway, the 14th St bridge, Columbia Pike, Washington Blvd, and 395 and once they make the wrong turn the one-way streets around the Pentagon baffle them to the point where the police have a good reason to pull them over.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

He will, but don't cite Trump as a source. Do you really think he knew a god damned thing about his condition before sending that?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

:golfclap:

Do people even use that reference anymore? I haven't heard that in 20 years.

Then your favorite baseball team hasn't had a guy struggling at the plate. I've been hearing that a lot in Atlanta, especially when Dan Uggla was still here.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

My favorite little tidbit about the roads at the VA/D.C. border is that the police patrolling the Pentagon make a really disproportionate number of DWI arrests. Drunks get confused by the exits and signage at the intersections of Jefferson Davis Hwy, the G.W. Parkway, the 14th St bridge, Columbia Pike, Washington Blvd, and 395 and once they make the wrong turn the one-way streets around the Pentagon baffle them to the point where the police have a good reason to pull them over.

To be fair I've done that stone cold sober at noon.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
The shooter was obviously a crazy left winger also the left wants to ban all guns

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Teddybear posted:

Generally Boston to DC is considered a continuous megalopolis for various high level sociological and statistical matters.

That's weird because why would you tie mountainous Midwest with pacific coastline?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

WATCH TRUMP START A loving WAR

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

He sure is quick to respond when Republican Congressmen get hurt.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Reinstag fire? Maybe. More likely eats the 24hr news cycle and fizzles out when Trump does something dumb.

I do expect Trump's approval to go up, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Florida Betty posted:

Did he ever say a drat thing about Ben Jacobs?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
"Boy, this unanticipated and unavoidable catastrophic event sure throws a wrench into my plans. I can only imagine how I'd feel if I was facing imminent bankruptcy as a result of my injuries. I should think about how my legislation can devastate even white Christians hardworking Americans who are blameless in their circumstance"

--None of the victims

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

mdemone posted:

To be fair I've done that stone cold sober at noon.

Yep me too but the cop just yelled at me and didn't bother to pull me over.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Covok posted:

Reinstag fire? Maybe. More likely eats the 24hr news cycle and fizzles out when Trump does something dumb.

I don't expect he'll be able to go long enough without loving up for a full polling cycle to complete and show an upward tick.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

hanales posted:

That's weird because why would you tie mountainous Midwest with pacific coastline?

huh?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

And now we must sacrifice a Republican every 24 hours to keep Trump popular. Begin the blood letting.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Florida Betty posted:

that's because an attack on their own can be used to spin attention away from his involuntary nixon cosplay. and liberals fall for that poo poo. remember how many liberals donated money when that GOP office got hit? even this thread is going "now is the time to show compassion and be the bigger person! have pity on the poor racist who wants to let people die of preventable diseases!" it's loving stupid but as long as it works they're going to use it to make political hay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

If you were banned for every single time you were wrong for claiming that "Trump's approval will go up" Lowtax would have been able to buy a new house with all the re-reg fees.

• Locked thread