Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crabtree posted:

And now we must sacrifice a Republican every 24 hours to keep Trump popular. Begin the blood letting.

Considering what pathetic toadies they've turned into for him I wouldn't be surprised with a daily lottery where the short straw gets thrown into a snake pit to keep him numbers a percentage higher.

"It isn't fair, it isn't right!" screamed the congressman who a day before kicked a man into the hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm surprised nothing more has been released or leaked about the shooter yet

E: Do we know anything more than chubby white dude in running clothes or maybe jeans?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't expect he'll be able to go long enough without loving up for a full polling cycle to complete and show an upward tick.

Depends really if voters feel sympathy for Rs over this. Might turn back some weaker Rs who feel threatened.

Crabtree posted:

And now we must sacrifice a Republican every 24 hours to keep Trump popular. Begin the blood letting.

Wasn't that the AHCA vote? Followed up by Trump calling it bad yesterday?

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Being flippant in the face of tragedies is about as classic SA as it comes, I wouldn't take it too seriously this time either. Go back and read the 9/11 thread and see how well the heartfelt unity held up.

"WATCH BUSH START A loving WAR" is the only thing I remember about that thread.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

That's because this involves the ruling class, not expendables.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

A targeted assassination is the exact opposite of indiscriminate murder, just fyi.

A fair point. I also don't really like targeted assassinations as a method for getting political things done.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pikavangelist posted:

Tribute.avi

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

botany posted:

that's because an attack on their own can be used to spin attention away from his involuntary nixon cosplay. and liberals fall for that poo poo. remember how many liberals donated money when that GOP office got hit? even this thread is going "now is the time to show compassion and be the bigger person! have pity on the poor racist who wants to let people die of preventable diseases!" it's loving stupid but as long as it works they're going to use it to make political hay.

There's a difference between "pity the poor racist" and "hey maybe let's not shoot people who are in congress." Unless you're advocating the start of a serious civil war, shooting any congress person needs to be treated as some serious poo poo. Now when people start advocating a gofundme for the guy, that's when you should get on to people.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 14, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you were banned for every single time you were wrong for claiming that "Trump's approval will go up" Lowtax would have been able to buy a new house with all the re-reg fees.

You greatly over exagerate my will to re-reg.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Volkerball posted:

Tribute.avi
That came way later

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Volkerball posted:

Tribute.avi

Pretty sure that was a different thread.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

E: Do we know anything more than chubby white dude in running clothes or maybe jeans?

I'm sure a lot of right wingers have hot takes on why this is.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Depends really if voters feel sympathy for Rs over this. Might turn back some weaker Rs who feel threatened.

Wasn't that the AHCA vote? Followed up by Trump calling it bad yesterday?

No, no. That's collective suffering and doesn't translate to poll upticks. What we need is a full human tragedy every day of "the people that matter" and Trump could look at and remember their name for him to have a staffer write something barely sympathetic enough for him to look human for an hour. The Don Demands Loyalty and Blood for his good image.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe they were running jeans

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

hanales posted:

That's weird because why would you tie mountainous Midwest with pacific coastline?

Go ahead and put on the record where you think Boston and D.C. are?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So do we know anything about the shooter yet? I figured at least his name would have leaked by now.

As for feeling bad for the GOP, I'm not sure feeling happy that a bunch of lawmakers got shot is a good thing, no matter how garbage they are as human beings. I just hope Scalise is OK for the sake of his family.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/874990949029564416

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Teddybear posted:

He's referencing the dude who claimed that the Midwest was the east coast and that there are no mountains besides the Rockies

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ReidRansom posted:

Well it was Arlington, so watch it be Corey Stewart or some other far-right racist mad that the establishment took his choice Klansman in office.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Teddybear posted:

:thejoke:

botany posted:

that's because an attack on their own can be used to spin attention away from his involuntary nixon cosplay. and liberals fall for that poo poo. remember how many liberals donated money when that GOP office got hit? even this thread is going "now is the time to show compassion and be the bigger person! have pity on the poor racist who wants to let people die of preventable diseases!" it's loving stupid but as long as it works they're going to use it to make political hay.

The alternative is becoming lovely people like them, which just leads to voting for them. I think this is better.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jorts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I appreciate this post. Even devoid of all context.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ah, now THIS is an important detail

That won't matter because are going to believe what they heard first if it suits them

E: if it's true. It's a GOP lady, so no specific reason to lie in this one instance

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jeggings.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/Harlan/status/874975233421303808

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

That won't matter because are going to believe what they heard first if it suits them

Those people would claim false flags and fake news anyway

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Pikavangelist posted:

I'll admit that I don't remember much specific, but I believe it rather quickly turned out in a way similar to this thread: mostly people being good people and wishing for the best and seeking information, but also a fair backdrop of flippant jokes and associated moral outrage. Granted not very flippant, but enough to jar a bit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure a decent number of Americans are only just getting up.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Alter Ego posted:

So do we know anything about the shooter yet? I figured at least his name would have leaked by now.

As for feeling bad for the GOP, I'm not sure feeling happy that a bunch of lawmakers got shot is a good thing, no matter how garbage they are as human beings. I just hope Scalise is OK for the sake of his family.

Description I've heard is white male 50-60 with a beard.

https://twitter.com/WeijiaJiangTV/status/874991994682191873

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Kathy Griffin is an "elite" now?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

:lol: at Kathy Griffin being a New York Elite

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

Especially because it is incredibly easy to find yourself in D.C. as a result of a missed exit or wrong turn. Then you spend 20 minutes trying to get back into VA because in many places the way you got in to D.C. is nowhere near a way to get out.

Additionally it's basically impossible to own a gun in DC and "I accidentally got here from VA" is not an excuse that will fly with the cops.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
This is a nice time for Fox News ratings to be in the shitter. Lowest rated of the big 3 cable news networks now. Fewer people are in their bubble than were before Trump was elected.

Trumps disapproval will go from 60% to 59% because the news is ignoring him for a moment and all the sadbrains will start crying even more. Unless he tweets something terrible in the next 30 seconds, which you never know...he likes to do that after this kind of thing happens.

e: Also murder is bad, don't do that. :eng101:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

aware of dog posted:

I though they were talking about the Shakespeare thing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

He's referencing the dude who claimed that the Midwest was the east coast and that there are no mountains besides the Rockies

Yes, but Boston and DC are both coastal cities in eastern states. I'm struggling with the idea that dude actually thinks Washington DC is in Washington state or something.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Kathy Griffin lives in LA and literally made a career out of calling herself a D list celebrity, so this is all wrong.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

axeil posted:

Additionally it's basically impossible to own a gun in DC and "I accidentally got here from VA" is not an excuse that will fly with the cops.

They were in Alexandria.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

aware of dog posted:

P sure he's talking about the Orange Julius Caesar thing

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Radish posted:

I though they were talking about the Shakespeare thing.

Hell, I couldn't figure out what they were talking about because I defaulted to Kennedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I'll admit that I don't remember much specific, but I believe it rather quickly turned out in a way similar to this thread: mostly people being good people and wishing for the best and seeking information, but also a fair backdrop of flippant jokes and associated moral outrage. Granted not very flippant, but enough to jar a bit.

If someone were dead, I'd calm down with the baseball puns, probably.

• Locked thread