Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i just did the rift weekly, and i could literally count on a single hand the amount of times i was killed by a gun that was not an icebreaker, palindrome, or an eyasluna. gently caress this game is stupid, please hurry destiny 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

New ward of dawn is basically the relic from vog, so you gotta sit there doing nothing and hold down a button to have it out. It's not an alternate mode.

defender has a perk that lets you drop a ward instead of using captain america, yes it is. i guess depending on how you interpret it you could think you had to hold it the whole time but 'when you cast your super, you can press and hold the super activation and you’ll place a Ward of Dawn instead' makes it sound like it's just a thing you do instead of pulling the shield out.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

cvnvcnv posted:

Over critical when you can't even define it? HMMMMMMMMM

Seriously, I love people saying D2 isn't different enough. Like, if you want something so drastically different, play a different loving game???? Why does Destiny need to stop existing so you can play a different game? Ffs.

Some alternate or mixed in new reload animations would be nice. Maybe some PvE ship combat.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i just did the rift weekly, and i could literally count on a single hand the amount of times i was killed by a gun that was not an icebreaker, palindrome, or an eyasluna. gently caress this game is stupid, please hurry destiny 2.

[gets poo poo gently caress rushed by a Wormwood or a sticky]

You rang?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I have been dunked on by so many goddamned wormwoods, it's loving ridiculous.
I'm not even sure where the gently caress you get that sidearm.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

FWC

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Bungie has just handed godroll Wormwoods out as vendor guns every few weeks.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Why cry about it? Only a few months. Join us. Be the AIDS. Collect the salty tears.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
also, doming people out of the man cannons fresh off of heavy will never EVER get old.

http://i.imgur.com/UcF72nm.gifv

get hosed nerd

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Don't understand why people insist on using the mancannons still.
You just know there's someone waiting with a sniper.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like to titan skate before landing from a mancannon jump because if you hit a wall you just flop over dead and I want to distract the enemy, like how crack operatives will take off all their clothes and prance around with a celery stalk in their rear end

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

When is new arcstrider footage going to hit the tower?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Probably in a day or two like the d2 announcement content.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

We have some different tools at our disposal for Destiny 2 because of the way we’ve built the weapons. We’re actually going to be able to do some different types of modifications to weapons, where in Destiny 1 we largely modified whole archetypes in large balance patches. Let’s say Clever Dragon, the high rate-of-fire pulse rifle, is really powerful in the current meta, we’re going to hit all high rate-of-fire pulse rifles. In Destiny 2, if we have a weapon that is a specific infractor, we’ll have the ability to go in and just touch that.

Thank gently caress.

http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-luke-smith-on-pc-features-pvp-new-subclasses-and-more/2/

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/gV15FBd.gifv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

why the gently caress did it take them until destiny 2 to figure this poo poo out?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's Bungie.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Databases are hard.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm two expansions behind but the collection is 50% off right now. I want to shoot some aliens but is it worth getting back in with the sequel a few months away?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

jabro posted:

I'm two expansions behind but the collection is 50% off right now. I want to shoot some aliens but is it worth getting back in with the sequel a few months away?

At this point I recommend wiki'ing the deep lore of the most recent content expansions and just wait for the sequel. Game's dead yo.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

why the gently caress did it take them until destiny 2 to figure this poo poo out?

Object oriented design is hard.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
It would be nice if D2 had nore than a handful of unique guns

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
No mid map control but I got your back, br...
http://i.imgur.com/IapZsHU.gifv
Okay slam anyways :v:

Hold on lemme just clutch this fam
http://i.imgur.com/TlwKtSj.gifv

Lmao countering a missed panic with a slightly better panic. Pardon the hip fire but that's the trade off with 2 sensitivity and needing to move the reticle a mile
http://i.imgur.com/hu9U9Y1.gifv

The DYK is Icarus, Rifled, Rangefinder. Feels WAY better than a Pali with the same roll but gotta watch the range. RF keeps it in the same league at least.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
hip firing is actually mad pro once you see a yellow 86

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

hip firing is actually mad pro once you see a yellow 86

When it works :P

http://i.imgur.com/iQ22QHc.gifv

Also lol at you getting a snipe

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The DYK is Icarus, Rifled, Rangefinder. Feels WAY better than a Pali with the same roll but gotta watch the range. RF keeps it in the same league at least.

I recently got an imago loop with the same roll. Gonna have to keep playing destiny for another week or 2.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Yo Rasheed, didn't you wish for cocoon outside that bad dumb raid?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, dawnblade:circlefap:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

No more death penalty in HM raids.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-raid-death-penalty-revive/

Who knows how they tweak it but it sounds like a move in the right direction.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guarantee it's just a pool of revives you can use until they're gone.

So instead of the first person dying causing a wipe, it's the third. :downs:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll take an improvement, even if it's only a slight one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Guarantee it's just a pool of revives you can use until they're gone.

So instead of the first person dying causing a wipe, it's the third. :downs:

That would still be a huge improvement. Why on Earth would you whine about this?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A handful of revives would be awesome for the random killed by the architects and other random bullshit deaths. It won't help a bad team very much but makes the process for a good team alot less painful.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
exactly that. if you have, example given, 3 deaths in an encounter your team blows and deserves the wipe.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

To play devil advocate:

It gives more room for people to be bad at videogames.

To give more information:

What if the same dude is the one that burn 5 allocated deads?

Dead is not bad. We have this game, "Counter-Strike" build around "IF you hosed up and died, now you wait in the spectator screen watching how is played by people with better skills than you".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That would still be a huge improvement. Why on Earth would you whine about this?

The net effect is going to be the same. They will scale up the difficulty of a D2 raid to basically guarantee someone dies because if there's no chance of a wipe, there's no challenge.

Every MMO that has implemented raids has had to deal with this issue and they've all ended up at the same conclusion.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

texaholic posted:

No more death penalty in HM raids.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-raid-death-penalty-revive/

Who knows how they tweak it but it sounds like a move in the right direction.

Thank loving God, that was the dumbest poo poo ever. Having to fight extra hard for 30 seconds and flex positions on the fly when someone dies is fun. Having to wipe because welp someone's dead is not fun.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

The net effect is going to be the same. They will scale up the difficulty of a D2 raid to basically guarantee someone dies because if there's no chance of a wipe, there's no challenge.

Every MMO that has implemented raids has had to deal with this issue and they've all ended up at the same conclusion.

D2 raids are not going to be a significant departure from how they work in D1. The encounters will still be riddled with wipe events for dancing wrong so stupid poo poo "3+ death" teams aren't going to progress.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limaCAT posted:

Yo Rasheed, didn't you wish for cocoon outside that bad dumb raid?

Yeah that's cool and good for a shotgun power weapon, very nice

If you look at the evolution of perk trees over time in D1 they are obviously figuring this poo poo out, so I'm excited for D2 guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

yo speaking of dumb bad raids, did anything ever come from this so-called Secret Room that's after Golgoroth with the runes? Has anyone been in and hosed with it to any effect?

It's obviously something you can do poo poo with, but like I can't find anyone 'doing anything' successfully with it