Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strong bird
May 12, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Where's the frikkin' preliminary notes!!!

Lets beat up Yoshida, and actually beat him up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

We have folks in place to transfer off to Omega ASAP and get the FC set up on (hopefully) Friday. Looking like it'll be "please calm down" but keep voting!

Itshappening.gif

Is there a list/thread/post available of people who are moving?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If anyone moving has a house hit me up. I'd like to buy it. I assume if I just Park my character next to your plot it will be available to buy a deed after you transfer?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So where's the hip spot to log tonight? At the Rising Stones if you want to continue the MSQ and get to SAM and all that?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

SonicRulez posted:

So where's the hip spot to log tonight? At the Rising Stones if you want to continue the MSQ and get to SAM and all that?

I'm parking at the rising stones, since thats where everything left off

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The Rising Stones is likely where the storyline picks up.

I doubt the Samurai trainer will be there though.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I thought both SAM and RDM would start in Uldah?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

strong bird posted:

Lets beat up Yoshida, and actually beat him up

I'll hunt him down at E3 today and personally confront him for this most heinous wait for the patch notes.

No one should actually do this. But I do really want to shake his hand. 😭

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I figure they'll put up the patch notes tomorrow for the 24 downtime to Friday morning.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

who cares where sam/rdm trainers are when blm is the best class

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Is there a list/thread/post available of people who are moving?

No because that would've been even vaguely sensible

We did a strawpoll and 50-odd folks fancied moving so we're making that happen.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Khloe minion is good.

And Mor Dhona is a terrible place to log out since it has no market board. If you plan to be online when the servers come up, may as well be in a position to capitalize on whatever the sexy new thing will be based on the patch notes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

queeb posted:

who cares where sam/rdm trainers are when blm is the best class

Even though I'm prepped to play RDM on friday, there's a strong temptation to just stick with BLM.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thundarr posted:

Khloe minion is good.

And Mor Dhona is a terrible place to log out since it has no market board. If you plan to be online when the servers come up, may as well be in a position to capitalize on whatever the sexy new thing will be based on the patch notes.

You don't need a market board to do that, you need a retainer bell, which mor dhona has

E: unless your intent is to buy up a bunch of stuff to resell I guess

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 14, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I guess that no one really knows what the 4.0 patch will do to the post 3.0 patch MS in terms of requirements and/or item rewards.

I can live with taking a few more days to meet requirements. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it to wait a couple of days.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
could I just move a character to Omega, hit 30 for the Gil, then transfer back and mail it/trade it to my main?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

No because that would've been even vaguely sensible

We did a strawpoll and 50-odd folks fancied moving so we're making that happen.

Fair enough! Pretty sure i'm one of those 50 anyway.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

could I just move a character to Omega, hit 30 for the Gil, then transfer back and mail it/trade it to my main?

I think it's a new character hitting 30 giving you the playtime ( I thought the gil might be for existing characters? I don't know) so transferring a character might not work and the gil reward is so small that it's not worth the money to transfer back to give it to your main.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm going to take both RDM and SAM for a test drive through PotD on Friday to see how they play before deciding what I'm doing for a main class in SB.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

There's a 90-day lockout for using the world transfer service after transferring to Omega.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You may be able to transfer for the chocobo feathers and then transfer back. I guess it'd be cheaper and faster than the usual way of cheating a Twintania mount?

E: not faster if there's a three month lockout on coming back.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I always log off somewhere relatively empty like the goblet or an inn room in case something goes horribly wrong with the servers. This is entirely based on server problems causing entire continents to temporarily vanish in the original World of Warcraft, I'm not sure if MMOs even work like that anymore

I still haven't decided which healer to use for SB. I'm tired of SCH so I was planning to use AST instead, but now I'm tempted to be contrarian and use WHM instead. It would be easier to decide if we got full job descriptions before SB launch

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Samurai, I believe, has been stated to start in Limsa. RDM starts in Ul'dah.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

They start with buying the magitek katana/rapier in more dota.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I am logging off at my house in Lavender Beds, so I can start my new adventure fresh from my home.

I am set to PAL it up in Doma!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm going with BLM because I main it (and always have; it was my first job) and I figure it's the 'canonical' job for my character.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
PLD's gonna be my main, but I haven't decided between BLM and RDM for my side job. I like explosions, but I also like swords, and RDMs get some pretty sizeable explosions, themselves.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Samurai, I believe, has been stated to start in Limsa. RDM starts in Ul'dah.

I would have guessed SAM in Gridania so that every city had 4 jobs but I guess not

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It just makes sense to take a job from 60 to 70 first for the xp bonus to level other jobs.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Erg posted:

I would have guessed SAM in Gridania so that every city had 4 jobs but I guess not

At this point I think they're openly abandoning that conceit, since a lot of the new jobs have origins outside of the starting cities.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Vadoc posted:

It just makes sense to take a job from 60 to 70 first for the xp bonus to level other jobs.

do you need a 70 job before the exp bonus for 50-60 is higher?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'll be maining DRK for the MSQ and switching to RDM probably.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Even though there's a runaway leader, there's still time to vote for the Euro FC name

http://www.strawpoll.me/13186948

Vote for as many of them as you're not embarrassed by! Hopefully we'll have the new FC up by late Friday evening.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Probably MNK-> SAM. Hopefully people have a chance to John Madden the SAM rotation with the final build numbers before I dive into it. Also hopefully I won't be so upset with the monk changes that I consider changing early.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm sticking with WAR and then eventually leveling RDM. SAM has cool numbers but the animation and weapons don't hook me the way RDM does.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Leofish posted:

I am logging off at my house in Lavender Beds, so I can start my new adventure fresh from my home.

I'm going to log off at the FC house because I'm a nerd and if I actually was my character I'd want to take my one day off to hang out and stare at my sabotender aquarium/have a bbq out front, not huddle in the gutter with everyone else at mor dhona.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm leveling AST first but I'm probably going to regret it.

Not because AST is not good (it is) or because of the shorter dungeon queues, but because AST looks like a total dink in cutscenes.

"Ooh you wanna fight me Mr. Big Empire Man??" *child's toy noises*

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

UHD posted:

I'm leveling AST first but I'm probably going to regret it.

Not because AST is not good (it is) or because of the shorter dungeon queues, but because AST looks like a total dink in cutscenes.

"Ooh you wanna fight me Mr. Big Empire Man??" *child's toy noises*

Oh, were you the one that was asking about healing classes in PBC just now?

AST is fun, I think you'll wind up surprised. I feel like it has less potency than my SCH so far, but I don't have AST at max level yet. It trades in those fun buffs for lost potency if that's still the case at 60, though.

Leofish posted:

I am set to PAL it up in Doma!

Wow nice glam! I really like the Thavnairian look.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Staying as Dragoon for the main story quest, with plans to level one class or the other that will inevitably fall through and not happen because of laziness or inertia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think being a caster/ranged in a cutscene is always kinda goofy. "Oh no that person is doing something bad, I better just stand here holding my staff/bow/etc. threateningly even though I could totally stop them with some fire/arrows/etc. to the face. "

With a melee character it probably at least makes some sense that you might not be able to cross the distance fast enough or get past their buddies.

• Locked thread