Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Trump's giving a press conference about it now, it looks like. And the shooter is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4y-8ThWE-I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dirk Pitt posted:

This guy is literally a leftist caricature.

That's the Likes section of most posters in this thread.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Donald Trump truly became president today.

Kidding, but the part about everyone in Washington being there for public service, while obviously not true, really might be the most presidential thing he's ever said.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
People aren't going to change their minds because some guy shot and wounded some congressmen and aides.

Obviously the right wing radio nuts will scream to the high heavens but face it, the people who get their news from them are lost causes already.

In one month at most nobody will even really remember this. It'll be drowned out by Trump saying something really dumb.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Push El Burrito posted:

But he used a gun instead of a drum circle?

Just want to take a minute and acknowledge this pro-tier joke right here, for fear that it will be lost in the shuffle.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Chilichimp posted:

The people who think this is going away are fooling themselves.

The people who think the Republicans won't try to use it to justify some heinous poo poo are fooling themselves.

The people who believe that the right-wing keeping this alive or being successful in their lovely justification are also fooling themselves.

Yes, this won't go away. Yes, they will pull some poo poo. Their naked attempts will fail, because they're not subtle people.

Yes, Right Wing messaging is such an unstoppable machine that Trump has record low approval, Fox News is in a ratings tailspin, and the GOP can't actually pass any legislation despite holding all three branches of government due to their plans being so unpopular.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Which is why I'm mildly suspicious. I'm not trying to be a tinfoil hat. It just seems a bit too "on the nose".

Sometimes people are complete stereotypes. It happens.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Trump can barely read

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

said no one in D&D ever

You really think people don't advocate for violence against Nazis in this thread?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Shooter is dead apparently.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Ugh... Shoot him again

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

enraged_camel posted:

D&D: Non-violent resistance sucks and is useless! You must use violence to get your point across!

*some dude uses violence to get his point across*

D&D: god dammit what the gently caress

I don't advocate any violence. I just find it inevitable that it's going to happen.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Xombie posted:

Yes, Right Wing messaging is such an unstoppable machine that Trump has record low approval, Fox News is in a ratings tailspin, and the GOP can't actually pass any legislation despite holding all three branches of government due to their plans being so unpopular.

Um *snort* I think you'll find that this event will make all that not matter.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

enraged_camel posted:

D&D: Non-violent resistance sucks and is useless! You must use violence to get your point across!

*some dude uses violence to get his point across*

D&D: god dammit what the gently caress

Here is a hint: "D&D" is more than one person.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Which is why I'm mildly suspicious. I'm not trying to be a tinfoil hat. It just seems a bit too "on the nose".

gently caress off with that. If this is in fact the shooter then the dude was a berniebro. The amount of planning and effort it would take to cultivate some perfect liberal facebook to use in a false flag attack to bring about the orange reich is literally unbelievable. At most, this turns out to be a case of mistaken identity.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Sky Shadowing posted:

People aren't going to change their minds because some guy shot and wounded some congressmen and aides.

Obviously the right wing radio nuts will scream to the high heavens but face it, the people who get their news from them are lost causes already.

In one month at most nobody will even really remember this. It'll be drowned out by Trump saying something really dumb.

Don't worry, everyone will move the goalposts as soon as nothing happens.

"But I meant that the right wing will be more steadfast! They'll vote harder, you'll see!"

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Xombie posted:

Don't worry, everyone will move the goalposts as soon as nothing happens.

"But I meant that the right wing will be more steadfast! They'll vote harder, you'll see!"

The left shall rise again, suh

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ready for some real poo poo?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Because they see the writing on the wall that they could be next....

Hahahahahahaha Nah, just playing up for the persecution card

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

fknlo posted:

Is this a photoshop?

jesus loving christ

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

fknlo posted:

So what's the sign really say?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

fknlo posted:

drat leftists like Rand Paul stirring up violence!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

Is this a photoshop?

jesus loving christ

I was phone posting and couldn't see, but it looks like it clearly is now. :rip:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Alter Ego posted:

get a brian morans!!!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

To be fair, newspapers used the wrong Dr. Dao for some time in their reporting of the United incident.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

fknlo posted:

lol. Obvioiusly fake but funny nevertheless

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

You really think people don't advocate for violence against Nazis in this thread?

The idea behind violence against nazis is to push them out of public spaces because you can't reason them down and they will end up being violent anyways, such as say in busses with knives. And while poo poo there is a valid argument for velvet glove/iron fist approach in political activity, GI Berniebro and his one man battalion doesn't really fit into either of those.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alter Ego posted:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TGLT posted:

gently caress off with that. If this is in fact the shooter then the dude was a berniebro. The amount of planning and effort it would take to cultivate some perfect liberal facebook to use in a false flag attack to bring about the orange reich is literally unbelievable. At most, this turns out to be a case of mistaken identity.

Like I said: I'm only mildly suspicious. More likely than not, the guy is, as Barbarian Elephant said, just someone who comes off like a caricature.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

fknlo posted:

Oh gently caress

e: I'm a moron. :downs:

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Xombie posted:

I didn't say you underestimated it. It's the opposite. I said you overestimate how much it will matter.

My apologies then for misunderstanding you then. In regards your stance that I am overestimating this I have heard that drumbeat from posters in this forum for three years now, and one by one they have all pretty much dropped off. Some hits over the years have bee: "Prester Jane, Trump is going to pivot he isn't that insane" and "The PP video's will be just one mroe thing the right will scream about and won't result in a war against PP" were good ones, but my favorite of all time was "The GOP will accept Gay Marriage because everyone sees the writing on the wall and outside a few token speeches no opposition will happen") I may not know much but I do know how the particular group of delusion reactionaries that control the right wing think, and I am absolutely certain that this event is a very big deal.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Star Man posted:

That's the Likes section of most posters in this thread.

We wouldn't have mahr on there

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I think that people are freaking out too much, but I also think that it's bad that some braindead idiot decided to go and give the GOP a ratings bump

I mean i know that idiocy isn't exclusive to one side but i'd hoped that our idiots would be able to contain themselves a little better

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
So has anyone found his SA account yet and his D&D posts?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If the shooter had to be a Bernie Bro, it's too bad it couldn't have been Harlan Hill.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Alter Ego posted:

Um *snort* I think you'll find that this event will make all that not matter.

Ehn, this'll probably get the blood flowing and improve Fox's ratings for a little while, but the fact that this was resolved so quickly - no deaths, shooter arrested at the scene, shooter identified within hours, plus he's white and probably not Muslim - means it never got a chance to really stew and generate that really hot indignation the right thrives on. It's not like we've never had leftist shooters before anyway. This'll be remembered and exploited, but I highly doubt it's going to be a flashpoint.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sinteres posted:

Wtf reason would there be to lie about that?

To paint him absolutely as a determined shooter wanting to kill innocent white republicans so they can get their persecution on in full.
This is just Republican 101.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

fknlo posted:

I fell hard for this

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Lord Hydronium posted:

'I never thought guns would be shot at ME,' sobs congressman from the Guns Shooting at People Party.

From pages ago, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

said no one in D&D ever

Absolutely incorrect. People here openly advocate punching Nazis, for example.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Here is a hint: "D&D" is more than one person.

Of course.

• Locked thread