Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Inspector_666 posted:

If it was Starbucks you could call the place "The Coffee Pot" or something.

Starbucks Coffee Grounds you loving idiot.

e: seriously. I am v mad about this whiff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Traxis posted:

Some solid avatar material:

Another Dodgers poster really should jump on this

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Traxis posted:

Puig your friend

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mr. Fix It posted:

Starbucks Coffee Grounds you loving idiot.

e: seriously. I am v mad about this whiff.

i don't get it

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Tom Gorman posted:

i don't get it

Which part? The terrific pun name for the Seattle stadium, or my rage that no one had said it yet?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Traxis posted:

Thanks for the new phone wallpaper.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Between the two teams there was roughly 76 hits in Mariners @ Twins tonight. For one evening it felt like it was the year 2000 all over again.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Mr. Fix It posted:

Starbucks Coffee Grounds

:popeye:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Meanwhile the former Mr. Met is seething that Puig won't get fired for it.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

read this really quick and thought his name was Blown Elbow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ungratek posted:

read this really quick and thought his name was Blown Elbow

He's a high school pitcher so give it a couple years

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
He looks like the fat kid from The Sandlot.

e: Or Season 1 AJ Soprano.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Twins draft recap:
1. Consensus best HS position player
1a. Top 5 college bat
2. Top 30 RHP (BA)
3. Top 5 prep RHP (BA)

Would have liked Carlson over Leach, but tough to be upset by how it all shook out. Also the legally mandated supply of soft tossing pitchability lefties.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Intruder posted:

Remember last spring training when Tyler White (you probably don't remember him but the incident is hard to forget) hit one over Cespedes, who acted like the ball was stuck under the wall until the ump came out and very easily just picked it up? That was ruled a homerun somehow so

It was AJ Reed. http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/69972428/v562513083/?query=Reed%2BHome%2BRun

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

seiferguy posted:

My personal hope is that there's some sort of cool name to replace Safeco and not one of the big 4 of Starbucks, Microsoft, Amazon or Boeing getting their naming rights.

I wouldn't disagree, only that I think Cano will age and make the tail end of the contract not great. We only have Cruz for 1 more year after this.

Boeing Center - Where Baseballs Take Flight

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Well poo poo

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Nice work Twins. Looks like he was KLaw's #14 prospect for the draft?

Also, the way his jersey is wrinkled in that frame, it looks like he's got a golf shirt on and is dressed like a young PGA golfer in that shot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The only thing that comes to mind about this guy after looking at this tweet then looking him up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jake Burger had better make it, jake fuckin burger, burger jake, beefy burg man burgin in it up

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I don't claim to be an expert on anything but, after watching the draft closely for about a decade, the only thing I am ever certain of anymore is that these are young men with faces and names. Most of them have hands and feet, unless otherwise noted.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

I don't claim to be an expert on anything but, after watching the draft closely for about a decade, the only thing I am ever certain of anymore is that these are young men with faces and names. Most of them have hands and feet, unless otherwise noted.

Please, enough with the hot takes

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

tadashi posted:

I'm ready for the next Jim Abbott.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I didn't realize Abbott was the 8th overall pick. What a loving badass.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm ready for the next Jim Abbott.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I didn't realize Abbott was the 8th overall pick. What a loving badass.

An even more fun fact is he went straight to MLB. No minors.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

New Yorkers are terrible people

quote:

Sunday, May 14, was supposed to be a great day at Yankee Stadium to celebrate Derek Jeter’s career. I bought five tickets for myself, my son, my daughter and my two nephews. We were sitting in Section 105; I had four seats in row four and one seat in row five. We got there for the first game of the doubleheader.

Somebody came and sat next to me. I thought he looked familiar and looked a little closer; it was Reggie Jackson. We were pretty excited, especially me, since I grew up watching Reggie play for the Yankees. So I quietly tried to say hello to him. At first, he would not even acknowledge me. I said hello again and I put my hand out to shake his hand. He was not very happy about this, so I was quiet. I didn’t want to draw too much attention to him.

I waited a few minutes and asked him if I could quietly snap a picture of the two of us. He responded, “Leave me alone; do not ruin my day; watch the game and turn around.” I was a little taken aback, but I figured, okay, I will give him the space and the respect.

An older woman sitting in front moved over quietly to speak to him. She said to him, “My mother is 75 years old and has loved you your whole career.” She also explained to Jackson that her mother was sick; it was Mother’s Day and if she could just take a picture to send her mother, it would make her Mother’s Day. He replied, “Turn around, watch the game; I’m not doing nothing. I have a mother, too. Don’t ruin my day.”

A little boy approached with a baseball and said, “Mr. Jackson, could you please sign my baseball?” He told him, “I am not signing nothing; turn around and watch the game and don’t ruin my day!”

He proceeded to treat everybody who approached him the same way. I understand sometimes people have bad days, but if you do not want to talk to fans or have fans come up to you and ask you for autographs, do not come and sit in the stands. Stay up in your executive box — or up on the perch where you obviously think you belong.

We all looked up to him and he completely ruined our day. This is a terrible way to represent the New York Yankees, their heritage and all their great players. I do not understand why, after he’s been retired for so many years, he is not honored that fans would still want to take a picture or ask him for an autograph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nfXKJId3E

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
More fun Jim Abbott facts!

He was a star quarterback in high school. I have no idea how this even worked.

He didn't spend a day in the minors.

His entire playing career teams tried to bunt to him. It never worked.

He had two career hits. Both were off John Lieber.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Traxis posted:

Puig your foe

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hey, the Astros called up Derek Fisher. Good kid, might be the single nicest one I met while tutoring Virginia athletes except that Malcolm Brogdon totally wrecked that curve.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yankees drafted a pitcher named Janson Junk.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
N: Cook County Assessor's random bot detection text for me today was "beef69".

V: Cook County trying to make me root for Schwarbs.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

"It's our right to bother you cause you choose to sit in public!"

gently caress off you entitled turd

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kalenn Istarion posted:

"It's our right to bother you cause you choose to sit in public!"

gently caress off you entitled turd

Yeah if you're siting in sec 105 and want me to feel bad for you in any situation not involving a death, lol.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Zeke Carrera has a broken foot, so next on the Jays' depth chart for left field is Dwight Smith, Jr.

Steve Pearce is up to Buffalo for rehab.

Left field for this team is a shambles.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
At least they've got Ryan Goins!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Pancakes posted:

N: Cook County Assessor's random bot detection text for me today was "beef69".

V: Cook County trying to make me root for Schwarbs.

Accept your fate, you already live in Chicago

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

elentar posted:

Hey, the Astros called up Derek Fisher. Good kid, might be the single nicest one I met while tutoring Virginia athletes except that Malcolm Brogdon totally wrecked that curve.

Nice! Too bad about his name though

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Fisher's in the starting lineup for tonight.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

Zeke Carrera has a broken foot, so next on the Jays' depth chart for left field is Dwight Smith, Jr.

Steve Pearce is up to Buffalo for rehab.

Left field for this team is a shambles.

Don't worry, I'm sure Darwin Barney can play cf.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Fisher's in the starting lineup for tonight.

Cool. I hope you break your losing streak tonight.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Yankees drafted a pitcher named Janson Junk.

6 pitches, all under 90 mph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Julio Cruz posted:

6 pitches, all under 90 mph?

Upper-90s FB, sadly.

• Locked thread