Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

RBA Starblade posted:

I played MGS1 on Gamecube and 2 on Xbox lol

Hd collection is worth it for mgs3 alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Is cross play with PC such a good idea when cheating in PC games is rampant?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's probably convenient to not believe in the concept of exclusives, when your console has no exclusives.

EXCLUSIVE

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Skyrim was fun at the time but I don't see why anyone would want to play it in 2017 - there are much better games out there. Also I can't see Bethesda getting it to run at the minimum 60fps-per-eye required to not make the VR experience really awful.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

It's probably convenient to not believe in the concept of exclusives, when your console has no exclusives.

EXCLUSIVE

The press asked him what a console launch exclusive is and how long that means and he said it just means its updated in the xbl store earlier than psn

The "true exclusive" burn prior to spiderman's trailer was pretty week in the history of sony burns. He held himself back a bit.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

RBA Starblade posted:

So my friend bought a PS4 and gave me his PS3 for 30 bucks. I have eighty PS Plus games and I'm buying Demon's Souls. What exclusives that aren't available on PS4 should I grab I'm not thinking of?

Not an exclusive but Vanquish if you didn't play it last gen or don't have a pc

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Macarius Wrench posted:

Its not the real metal gear on GameCube but its a nice version.

Snake jumps off of a rocket to fire another rocket at a helicopter. It's the BEST version.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Truth be told Sony just had a pretty average E3 lineup. Happy that Horizon and Uncharted DLC are coming out later this year but I guess TLOU2 is nowhere near a release date give its absence from the floor show this year. I always found God of War's brand of hyperviolence to be really distasteful but the series looks like it's gone in a totally different direction and I'm eager to see what they do with it. Spider-Man I was never really all that into, looked all right but not my kind of thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bad Parenting posted:

Not an exclusive but Vanquish if you didn't play it last gen or don't have a pc

I've played it before as well though never finished it.

Man a lot of stuff last gen was everywhere huh?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Truth be told Sony just had a pretty average E3 lineup. Happy that Horizon and Uncharted DLC are coming out later this year but I guess TLOU2 is nowhere near a release date give its absence from the floor show this year. I always found God of War's brand of hyperviolence to be really distasteful but the series looks like it's gone in a totally different direction and I'm eager to see what they do with it. Spider-Man I was never really all that into, looked all right but not my kind of thing.

Tlou was announce in december so i didnt miss it. Yet

Uncharted and hzd looked like more of both so im not that hype but pleased

Gow showed really well. Im excited

Sotc looked pretty and if the control is updated and some cut content is restored im getting it

Days gones trailer was anti hype. Would have preferred to see anything other than stealth outpost clearing with human enemies in another game. They needed to show the game was more than a tech demo but the uniqueness of the monster flood should have still been the focus.

Spiderman looked great but they should have known the qtes would feel excessive in that cut. Should have had a slower intro with some more free swinging around the city to start before the construction site predator section and ended the trailer a bit earlier? Idk

Tangentially Im not against qtes but i dont like button prompts. It would have been cooler to put like spidey sense markers on the things you need to web and have the player figure out he needs to web them. If its a dodge prompt, have the marker on spidey himself, etc. basically build a visual language that leaves button references off the screen.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
PSX is in September(?), so they'll probably have more TLOU2 to show or other Japanese stuff that didn't make E3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

PSX is in September(?), so they'll probably have more TLOU2 to show or other Japanese stuff that didn't make E3.

Its always like the second weekend in december and yeah its where you will deffo see yakuza 6

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If Days Gone ends up being more like zombie pikmin then I think it could be pretty interesting but everything I've seen so far has lacked originality. It feels like it knows it's treading old ground and doesn't know what it wants to be.

SotC remake is cool, although I'm not sure if it's a game I really ever need/want to play again.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its always like the second weekend in december and yeah its where you will deffo see yakuza 6

Is it TGS that's in September? I know Sony has another event in Sept or Oct.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I can't wait to play the remaster of the remake of SotC on ps5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am so excited for this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am so excited for this.

Hell yes, Sword of Ditto looks good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

I see it more that last year should've been a bad e3 but they chose to reveal stuff way too early, which is why the rest of 2017 is looking pretty sparse. This year's e3 would've been amazing if they could've debuted all the games that are still 1-2 years out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

EXCLUSIVE

It's pretty sad, and telling, when Microsoft tries to parade "EXCLUSIVE" and "CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE" in front of just about every trailer, while Nintendo and Sony just showed off games.

It feels like the marketing equivalent of ..."Please clap."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's pretty sad, and telling, when Microsoft tries to parade "EXCLUSIVE" and "CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE" in front of just about every trailer, while Nintendo and Sony just showed off games.

It feels like the marketing equivalent of ..."Please clap."
I heard a bedrock rule of advertising is when you're number one it's foolish to even suggest that your competitors exist, and that's what that going on about exclusivity would be.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I see it more that last year should've been a bad e3 but they chose to reveal stuff way too early, which is why the rest of 2017 is looking pretty sparse. This year's e3 would've been amazing if they could've debuted all the games that are still 1-2 years out.

Were most of the exclusives that came out this year announced at E3 last year? All I remember is HZD and TLG. They talked about new Uncharted being this year and they talked about GOW: Dad, but the rest of the presentation was about FF7, Shenmue, some VR stuff and an indie montage. I don't think they said anything about Nier:A or Nioh or Yakuza at E3. That was at TGS or PSX.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

Were most of the exclusives that came out this year announced at E3 last year? All I remember is HZD and TLG. They talked about new Uncharted being this year and they talked about GOW: Dad, but the rest of the presentation was about FF7, Shenmue, some VR stuff and an indie montage. I don't think they said anything about Nier:A or Nioh or Yakuza at E3. That was at TGS or PSX.

Uncharted was psx also

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think Horizon and TLG were both announced in 2015. Nier isn't exclusive to PS4.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Been trying to decide which game to pick up next: Persona 5 or Nier Automata. Right now, I'm leaning towards P5.

I'm also thinking about trying Deception IV, since it looks relatively cheap. There was a link to the Giant Bomb QuickLook on the Amazon page, I skipped to the halfway point to get straight to the gameplay, and was sold on the game by this small bit alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlqhfsZB0IQ&t=721s However, I wanted to check here in the thread to see if anyone else knew more about it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Uncharted was psx also

So PSX is probably when to expect more info about TLOU2.

exquisite tea posted:

I think Horizon and TLG were both announced in 2015. Nier isn't exclusive to PS4.

My bad. Forgot about the PC version of Nier.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Don't feel too bad, so did the people who ported it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Max Wilco posted:

Been trying to decide which game to pick up next: Persona 5 or Nier Automata. Right now, I'm leaning towards P5.

I'm also thinking about trying Deception IV, since it looks relatively cheap. There was a link to the Giant Bomb QuickLook on the Amazon page, I skipped to the halfway point to get straight to the gameplay, and was sold on the game by this small bit alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlqhfsZB0IQ&t=721s However, I wanted to check here in the thread to see if anyone else knew more about it.

Nier is a better game

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

In a perfect world every game should be cross play but all we get are cross platform F2P games and MMOs and that's ok.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's pretty dumb.

What does it have to do with the matter of crossplay on those particular games though?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MZ posted:

Skyrim was fun at the time but I don't see why anyone would want to play it in 2017 - there are much better games out there. Also I can't see Bethesda getting it to run at the minimum 60fps-per-eye required to not make the VR experience really awful.

Sony has an absolute, hardline requirement that all PSVR games must run at a bare minimum of 60fps with no drops whatsoever, so they clearly have managed to do it. Now hopefully they do the same with fallout p Fallout 3/NV.

exquisite tea posted:

Neil Druckmann has stated that TLOU2 only missed E3 because Lost Legacy is coming in 2 months and they wanted to focus on that, so don't be too worried.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Max Wilco posted:

Ideally get both, but you may want to play NieR first because P5 is a 90+ hour game. Both are amazing though

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

BreakAtmo posted:

Sony has an absolute, hardline requirement that all PSVR games must run at a bare minimum of 60fps with no drops whatsoever, so they clearly have managed to do it.

First time for everything I guess

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

More Monster Hunter World stuff. Sounds like this is MH5.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

BreakAtmo posted:

Sony has an absolute, hardline requirement that all PSVR games must run at a bare minimum of 60fps with no drops whatsoever, so they clearly have managed to do it. Now hopefully they do the same with fallout p Fallout 3/NV.

Is this like the absolute hardline requirement that the PS4 pro can't provide advantages over non pro players in online games and welp look at all these games with higher fps in MP!!

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

Max Wilco posted:

Do you want an 80-100 hour very well made anime JRPG with solid characters and plot wrapped up in an insanely stylish aesthetic, or a 20-40 hour fast paced action combat game that loves genre bending and has a very philosophical and "feels" storyline

You should buy both for sure, which one you get first depends on your tastes, be prepared to let both games have some time to dig their claws into you, both are a bit of a slow burn to start but were 2 of my favorite games this year and shouldn't be missed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Is this like the absolute hardline requirement that the PS4 pro can't provide advantages over non pro players in online games and welp look at all these games with higher fps in MP!!

It cant target higher fps. If it just has less stutter thats ok

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Ps4 Monster Hunter you say? :D :dance: :D

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Is it too late to say Life is Strange loving owns

Why no one tell me about this good game. :c

i got it from ps+ and i'm enjoying it :)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

PenguinKnight posted:

i got it from ps+ and i'm enjoying it :)

Just finished episode one good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

When I heard "World", I was worried they were doing an MMO. Thankfully this looks like its not the case.