Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

What's a worse crime with regards to sentencing: involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide?

Also why isn't this negligent homicide considering the water crisis has been well known for years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

About loving time

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

TBeats posted:

What's a worse crime with regards to sentencing: involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide?

Also why isn't this negligent homicide considering the water crisis has been well known for years?

It's going to depend on jurisdiction. Different states write their homicide laws in different ways.

IANAL, but Illinois appears to have Murder 1, Murder 2, Involuntary Manslaughter, and Reckless Homicide (which is specific to operating a motor vehicle.) It appears that Involuntary Manslaughter and Negligent Homicide are different names for the same offense; an unlawful homicide where the mens rea is negligence rather than intent.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Oh hang on, it's Trump's birthday. I guess this is the one day in the year where he's scandal free?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Three scoops of ice cream.

And, if he's a very good boy, Melania with make the magical golden tinkle for him.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dead Reckoning posted:

And, if he's a very good boy, Melania with make the magical golden tinkle for him.

New thread title

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Best Friends posted:

Some libertarian on the internet had a hot take last year

https://twitter.com/randpaul/status/746022114042478592

This makes me happy.

This is a start.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

outside the window you hear people with strange accents yelling allahu akbar and firing off ak-47s

*checks how dark my tan is*

Roll for bluff

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'm preparing my hot take as we speak

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
What do you call 5 Republicans that got shot?

A start

Also there's this:

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/875025050650394624

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hot Karl Marx posted:

What do you call 5 Republicans that got shot?

A start

this is surely a delightful road to go down that almost certainly won't end poorly

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

this is surely a delightful road to go down that almost certainly won't end poorly

It was a joke along the lines of what people used to smear Corbyn during the UK election

quote:

The same edition of London Labour Briefing — for which Corbyn had written the front page story — contained a reader's letter that hailed the 'audacity' of the IRA's attack and said: 'What do you call four dead Tories? A start.'

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Might as well get some coffee going, I'm sure the secret service will be here in no time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Let's all remember poe's law

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Which is just a take on the "What do you call a bunch of lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean?" joke.

my fetish

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hmm, gonna be a real hoot to see the GOP response to this. What are they going to do, advocate for gun control? Doubtful. Can't do the Black Panther response of taking guns only from "those" sorts of people to keep "good" people safe since it was apparently a white guy. I don't think America is that far gone that we can take guns from people based on political affiliation because that might actually be something that triggers the "tyranny" response from noticeable numbers of the Trump base.

May you live in interesting times indeed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/875023849062051842

:holymoley:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lol: :lol: :lol:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Mass shooting at San Francisco UPS facility, 2 dead, 5 total shot.

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/875032487398961152

It's Wednesday in America :toot:

Death toll currently 12 on that apartment building fire, but still early.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well I guess I'm not getting my deliveries today.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Yeah, but that probably had to do more with customs seizing them.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:same:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
UPS showing they're just as good as a post office

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

UPS showing they're just as good as a post office

No, that would be UPS SmartPost or Postal Innovations. That option managed to capture all the magical horseshit of both services.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Listened to five minutes of Rush today and the "hot take" was something along the lines of

"Friends, you know and I know that this shooting was all caused by the liberal media using inflamatory remarks about Trump"

and

"The FBI still don't have a motive, they said it's too early to say, and let me just say that while the FBI was investigating Trump and Russia, which there is no evidence of, this guy was planning this shooting."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, but that probably had to do more with customs seizing them.

Look, if I ship the drugs inside the Thai ladyboys then customs can't seize them. I even got the wholesaler to cut a hole in the box this time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

KildarX posted:

Listened to five minutes of Rush today and the "hot take" was something along the lines of

"Friends, you know and I know that this shooting was all caused by the liberal media using inflamatory remarks about Trump"

and

"The FBI still don't have a motive, they said it's too early to say, and let me just say that while the FBI was investigating Trump and Russia, which there is no evidence of, this guy was planning this shooting."

Better to put all old white guys on surveillance.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
this should probs be in the consipracy thread but uhm:

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Russian Ambassador Kislyak’s Phone Hacked by Five Eyes

Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak’s phone was both hacked and turned into a ‘hot mike’ for recording conversations by a Five Eyes intelligence agency,

Sources with links to Western intelligence report that a similar ‘SS7’ exploit as that used by consent on the phones of James Comey, and other FBI agents, by the FBI and Justice Department, was placed on the phone of Sergei Kislyak – most certainly without consent – and that the Russian Ambassador to the US not only had his phone bugged, but that his phone was being used as a microphone to record those with whom he was speaking.

Sources do not say when the exploit was placed on Kislyak’s phone. One source speculated that Ambassador Kislyak had only survived in his position in America ‘because of optics’.

The Five Eyes intelligence agreement prevents members of the world’s premier intelligence alliance – America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom – from spying on each other’s territories and citizens. However, crucially, embassies, such as those of Ecuador in London and Russia in Washington DC, are regarded as sovereign territory of their native countries. The NSA is free to spy within the Ecuadorean embassy in London, and GCHQ, its British equivalent, is free to spy within Russia’s embassy in DC. The Five Eyes alliance is the closest intelligence partnership in the world. Recently Canada assisted DGSE, France’s CIA, in spying on Rebel Media on behalf of M. Macron, the then French Presidential candidate. Sources report that both the FBI, NSA and Britain’s GCHQ assisted Canada in this operation, because of the involvement of the Trump-Russia partisan Jack Posobiec.

In his testimony to the Senate today, Jeff Sessions, who as Patribotics reported in February, was a suspect in the Trump Russia hack, suddenly changed his tune, admitting that he “might have” had a conversation with Kislyak at the Mayflower Hotel.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/06/13/exclusive-russian-ambassador-kislyaks-phone-hacked-by-five-eyes/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:staredog:

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/875039582835933184

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/575397211871264768

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I'm sure his strong Christian values and his complete support for the 2nd will allow him to forgive his attacker for exercising his god given rights.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/statu...agenumber%3D678

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:dukedoge:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The Hill has audio of the VA shootout:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875045200791523333

Says something that you have to identify which shootout its from.. Probably not a good something either.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Grover honey? Breitbart is on the phone for you.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

The Hill has audio of the VA shootout:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875045200791523333

Says something that you have to identify which shootout its from.. Probably not a good something either.

Pretty deliberate tempo there

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fuckin :perfect:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hey. Remember when Edrogan had his security detail beat up a group of protesters?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875052772537901057

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh since we were talking about jokes in bad taste earlier I came up with one

What do Richard Hammond and Michael Schumacher have in common?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh since we were talking about jokes in bad taste earlier I came up with one

What do Richard Hammond and Michael Schumacher have in common?

Old wrinkly scrots?

• Locked thread