Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Too bad McDavid will sign his extension long before he could ever be offer sheeted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kilza posted:

Too bad McDavid will sign his extension long before he could ever be offer sheeted.

And then Nashville trades Fiala for him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And Edmonton would match if not.

McDavid's not getting out of Edmonton until he's a UFA, and then it will likely be immediate.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kilza posted:

finding the money for connor is gonna be hard after the oilers get seabrook and kruger

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Also apparently Buffalo is interviewing Scott Arniel for HC :shrug:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

You might be right but he really should wait until the offer sheets come in before he signs anything, unless the Oilers offer a max/max deal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

McDavid's not getting out of Edmonton until he's a UFA, and then it will likely be immediate.

Nah

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the heels of a 7 year playoff drought.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

Also apparently Buffalo is interviewing Scott Arniel for HC :shrug:

Do it Buffalo, get him out of here.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyers announced a preseason game vs. the Isles at the PPL Center in Allentown for September 20th.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Aphrodite posted:

On the heels of a 7 year playoff drought.

Please stop posting the contents of my dream journal.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Congrats RAS

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/875035414658154496

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/875035414658154496

Congrats RAS

e: f;b

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Sorry that your contract became lovely for the Rangers and that your play style did not fit in with the changing strategy of the team. No hard feelin's, but adios, muchacho.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pricey

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so with Klein maybe going to Europe and Dan Girardi mercifully gone, that frees up just enough money to sign Ilya Kovalchuk. get the gently caress in, Gorton

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

so with Klein maybe going to Europe and Dan Girardi mercifully gone, that frees up just enough money to sign Ilya Kovalchuk. get the gently caress in, Gorton

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I will never not fuckin' love that gif

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Marc Staal retire bitch

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Oh boy, Shattenkirk overpayment incoming?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jovial Cow posted:

Oh boy, Shattenkirk overpayment incoming?

I'm thinking Smith overpayment coming tbh

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH you were good for a while and always a solid dude but see ya Girardi

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/875036963790880768

And he still managed to be better than Staal this postseason. Holy hell.

He's not good but goddamn he was a warrior.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

I will never not fuckin' love that gif

My favorite thing is the two dads instructing their kids in the fine art of being future rear end in a top hat Yankee fans.

Closer runner-up is the fat dude repeatedly saying gently caress you.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ginette Reno posted:

My favorite thing is the two dads instructing their kids in the fine art of being future rear end in a top hat Yankee fans.

Closer runner-up is the fat dude repeatedly saying gently caress you.

This guy is why I posted the gif tbh.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Take a shot for Girardi, he took one for you

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
dan girardi was a good guy and he was Actually Good for a few seasons. i have a girardi winter classic jersey and i don't regret it

but yeah, this was the absolute correct decision (actually the absolute correct decision would have never been giving him that contract and signing stralman instead, but, whatever)

he'll probably wind up on the coaching staff someday or something

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Wamsutta posted:

Take a shot for Girardi, he took one for you

I'll attempt two for every one he does.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I'll be interested to see how the locker room takes this, guy has been a staple here forever.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Farewell, Dan Girardi. You blocked more shots than a Republican playing baseball.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

This guy is why I posted the gif tbh.

It's so good that it should be preserved by congress as a historically significant item.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Jovial Cow posted:

I'll be interested to see how the locker room takes this, guy has been a staple here forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUphDV3Pjww

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zodijackylite posted:

Farewell, Dan Girardi. You blocked more shots than a Republican playing baseball.

:sbahj:

iospace fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 14, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jovial Cow posted:

E:

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/875041935781769216

:stare:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Smug popcorn guy is my spirit animal.

Zodijackylite posted:

:yikes:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Bobby Mac saying Stepan is involved in some trade chatter. He doesn't usually say anything unless it's fairly solid info so maybe he'll be dealt soon.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

Bobby Mac saying Stepan is involved in some trade chatter. He doesn't usually say anything unless it's fairly solid info so maybe he'll be dealt soon.

If this isn't a ZBAD style trade and hopefully for a good young RH dman I'm going to be mad.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i guess it's too early to speculate about what the rangers d is going to look like next season but if we could unload staal on vegas and sign shattenkirk the top 4 would look pretty good, and then the bottom pair could be like... idk, one of pionk/bereglazov/graves and... someone else? holden is probably coming back, so... maybe him also

i really wish the rangers could trade with the islanders and pick up de haan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So Girardi out, Stepan out, Kovalchuk in, Shattenkirk in. Sound about right RAS?

• Locked thread