Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Crap SRW V is on sale on Amazon.co.jp right now for about $50 instead of $80! They got rid of the 'can't ship games overseas' rule right? Can I just buy it straight from them?

Edit: poo poo, no dice. However, a game they will ship to the US that's also on sale is the new G-Generation game. And it's even cheaper. Hmm.

Edit2: Dammit that won't work either. Forget it. I'll just get them off Play-Asia or something.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MarsDragon posted:

It looks like I have two extra parts. They're all zipped up on my Dropbox, let me know if the link doesn't work.

man those first two parts are honestly kinda awful compared to the other parts I posted, all they seem to be is to serve as wank for Big Fire and to write off almost everything Gundam related from 64(except for the God Gundam, Wing Zero, and Nu Gundam) by having Big Fire effortlessly wreck most of them, kinda get the feeling the author of this Doujin isn't a fan of Gundam at all except for G, also the art is overall worse in these parts

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Check this poo poo out:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/09134594.html

A game by the Zettai Zetsumei Toshi/Disaster Report guy about surviving giant robot/monster attacks. Not protecting humanity from them or whatever, just coming out of it alive as a private citizen while berserk Eva01 is wrecking poo poo. ZZT4 still doesn't have a release date but this could turn out to be even more interesting.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 10, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

WrightOfWay posted:

There were 4 episodes but they combine into only one game. Sadly it doesn't have any of the weird spinoffs because it was made back before most of them existed.

yeah the most recent thing in BMW is the fate/zero novel and whatever edition of melty blood was out at the time

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Oh hey, I was wondering whatever happened to City Shrouded in Shadow. Glad to see its still trucking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

yeah the most recent thing in BMW is the fate/zero novel and whatever edition of melty blood was out at the time
Act Cadenzna. You can tell because Riesbyfe isn't in it.

Also, the only people from Fate/Zero who show up are Kiritsugu and Irisviel.

Honestly, if I were making a type moon SRW clone today, I'd just make a Fate/Grand Order wars. Its plot is already basically written like a historical super robot wars.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Please don't tease me with things I can never have

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

Check this poo poo out:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/09134594.html

A game by the Zettai Zetsumei Toshi/Disaster Report guy about surviving giant robot/monster attacks. Not protecting humanity from them or whatever, just coming out of it alive as a private citizen while berserk Eva01 is wrecking poo poo. ZZT4 still doesn't have a release date but this could turn out to be even more interesting.

This looks wonderful. Thanks for the link!

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013
I just got past Chapter 14 of SRW V, where I made a decision that seems to be a story split and I'm wondering if I get to play the other half's missions later on. Is it possible to see everything in a single playthrough? There's so many different mechs from shows I love, I'm having trouble deciding which ones I want to focus on. Will I be alright spreading out all my upgrades and kills? I know it takes 60 to get ace status and aside from VangRay at 48, everyone else is sitting around 10-20.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

No, it's not possible to see everything in a single playthrough. There are always route splits that send half your units on different directions.

And yes, equal spreading out of upgrades works fine.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
You could always make a save file right before a route split, play both sides, then continue from the split that you want to use if you really don't want to play a game twice just to see all the splits, though I'm not sure if it'll save your Flowchart properly if you do that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I had like 80% of the cast as aces by the end of my first run. Don't sweat it. Especially if you get everyone proud ace.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Davzz posted:

You could always make a save file right before a route split, play both sides, then continue from the split that you want to use if you really don't want to play a game twice just to see all the splits, though I'm not sure if it'll save your Flowchart properly if you do that.

Separate saves still go into the same system file as long as they're on the same storage medium, at least in the PS2 games. Shouldn't be any different here. The flowchart would be filled out by doing this.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Any tips for Super Heroine Chronicle? Found it somewhat cheap at a store a while ago and am just now getting around to it. Will I be okay just sticking to all my favorites, or are there some just unusable units and whatnot?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The Japan stuff I read said it's pretty easy so go nuts. I just want to say that's one hell of an eclectic cast.

Edit: Though, to be fair, the Japanese reviews tend to go: No one knows why the hell they picked these shows and it's hard to call these girls 'super heroines' but drat if the writers didn't nail the crossovers and get even the Z-listers to shine.
I wasn't interested in this game at all but now I am, after reading the reviews. I'm a sucker for a well-written crossover.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 12, 2017

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Double posting to whine about not being able to save during pre/post mission talking bits. I dusted off my PS2 to play some OGs instead of spending the money to import any of the Vita stuff and was immediately reminded of why these games demand a portable system. I've got to go to work SRW, please stop talking.

Do any of the recent games fix this or have they still not realized that hour-long talking scenes you can't save and quit during are a bad idea?

Edit: okay hour-long is hyperbole but cut me some slack I can't speed read Japanese

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That's why I like the games on PS4, I can just suspend the game mid text dump and get back to it later.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Have you tried pressing start? I'm pretty sure you can quick save anytime.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ethiser posted:

That's why I like the games on PS4, I can just suspend the game mid text dump and get back to it later.

Agreed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

super heroine chronicle is worthwhile just for symphogear.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Broken Loose posted:

Have you tried pressing start? I'm pretty sure you can quick save anytime.

Yeah I'm pretty sure start quick saves in conversations in most modern games. With R1+Start or whatever being full skip.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

super heroine chronicle is worthwhile just for symphogear.

I thought Symphogear and Kyosougiga would be enough to push me through the game but goddamn did it turn into a slog eventually.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
My co-worker just offered to pick me up some cheap games when he goes over to Tokyo next week so I'm having him grab me the PS2 SRWs I'm missing. Finally I can play the rest of the Alphas.

I'm also having him grab Pride of Justice and Super Hero Generation so I can have my Vita fix as well. Super Heroine Chronicles was on the list too but it ended up losing its spot to SHG. Sorry girls, I'd rather have more Ultraman in my life.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally preordered a copy of FMW4, non-Comiket copies go on sale in a few days. I assume some of you have played it already, how does it compare to 3? Someone earlier was talking about unit balance but how interesting are spell cards etc?

edit: in case someone in the thread doesn't know what we're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmZXWIV0zY

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 17, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I have some questions about V's New Game Plus. Like, does anything really carry over? I know pilot kills do but what about customization levels and stuff. I'm about halfway through the game but I know some characters don't join until like the last few stages and it seems like a real waste that you don't get to mess around with them on a new game plus as I've been told.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you don't carry over characters but you get to pick a few items to carry over and you carry over almost all your tacp/money (not just current, but the stuff you've spent)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
That's kind of disappointing. At least I have moon dwellers to play through after V ends, then. :negative:

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I finally preordered a copy of FMW4, non-Comiket copies go on sale in a few days. I assume some of you have played it already, how does it compare to 3? Someone earlier was talking about unit balance but how interesting are spell cards etc?

edit: in case someone in the thread doesn't know what we're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmZXWIV0zY

4 is extremely good but also very easy if you play it on normal. They just put out a patch that adds a bunch of new features today like adjustable difficulties and making Marisa and Reimu's new combo attack not laughably bad.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nages posted:

4 is extremely good but also very easy if you play it on normal. They just put out a patch that adds a bunch of new features today like adjustable difficulties and making Marisa and Reimu's new combo attack not laughably bad.
What do you mean adjustable difficulty, like you can change it mid-game?

My save from 3 is on easy, but it was already getting too easy on easy by the middle of the second game so I am thinking about just starting a new game on normal. What would I lose?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

It's an option in the menu that you can change inbetween missions which changes various things in the game. You pick your standard easy/normal/hard/lunatic at the start and these change it to basically normal+ or normal-. An example is that they decided that bosses would cast spirits in hard mode in 4 like they did on lunatic in 3 but if you set it to hard- they wont do that.

E: starting a new game would lose you some items that you would have picked up along the way. Nothing like the big important boss items but boosters and things like that. You would also probably have less money but you will have max wp and it will all be unspent so you can give it all to one unit to unlock the mega bonus you get for increasing a characters wp to 10.

Nages fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 17, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nages posted:

It's an option in the menu that you can change inbetween missions which changes various things in the game. You pick your standard easy/normal/hard/lunatic at the start and these change it to basically normal+ or normal-. An example is that they decided that bosses would cast spirits in hard mode in 4 like they did on lunatic in 3 but if you set it to hard- they wont do that.

E: starting a new game would lose you some items that you would have picked up along the way. Nothing like the big important boss items but boosters and things like that. You would also probably have less money but you will have max wp and it will all be unspent so you can give it all to one unit to unlock the mega bonus you get for increasing a characters wp to 10.
Oh weird, that's way more complicated than I thought.

Anyway, unless you can import your save but also change difficulty, I think I will just start a new game on normal. I'm not looking for a serious challenge in SRW games but on easy only the Yorihime fight caused me to lose basically any units at all in 3. Fuckin' moon assholes.

edit: does 4 have any unique combat encounter animations like Remilia vs. Flan in 3? That was ace and I'd like to see more of them.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 17, 2017

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Yeah it's Koishi and Satori

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

This is going to be a stupid question, but would anyone be willing to zip up their big rear end pack of MP3s for custom music tracks? I haven't been able to find a good pack of JUST the relevant songs for things in this game, like vocal versions to replace instrumentals, good insert songs for attacks, etc, with suggested replacements. It's a ton of work for someone as unfamiliar with some of these series (all of these series) as I, and I was wondering if anyone had done it already.

Thanks in advance, if anyone has something to offer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i can't give you any canon music but i can give you the ost of anarchy reigns and a bunch of symphogear music, that i used

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Now that the Mazinger Z movie is known to be some sort of sequel, I wonder if they're gonna move on to that once it's done instead of having Shin be the "default" choice for the franchise.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Getsuya posted:

Double posting to whine about not being able to save during pre/post mission talking bits. I dusted off my PS2 to play some OGs instead of spending the money to import any of the Vita stuff and was immediately reminded of why these games demand a portable system. I've got to go to work SRW, please stop talking.

Do any of the recent games fix this or have they still not realized that hour-long talking scenes you can't save and quit during are a bad idea?

Edit: okay hour-long is hyperbole but cut me some slack I can't speed read Japanese

If you can't read Japanese, you can just skip all the talking instantaneously with R1+Start.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kanos posted:

If you can't read Japanese, you can just skip all the talking instantaneously with R1+Start.

I think he's talking about actually taking the time to parse the dialogue because he has enough of an understanding to read but not enough to do it quickly at a glance. In which case being able to save mid-intermission instead of having to leave your console on when you go to work would be nice.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I think he's talking about actually taking the time to parse the dialogue because he has enough of an understanding to read but not enough to do it quickly at a glance. In which case being able to save mid-intermission instead of having to leave your console on when you go to work would be nice.

Yeah, it's annoying.

Also holy cow Ryusei's route on OG1 is weird. I'm about 8 missions in and everyone's still in generic starter mechs that I'm afraid to waste money upgrading. Also this mission is a dick. 'Defend this single spot from a bunch of jets and dudes that can move much farther than you can! Oh hey you appear to have defeated a bunch of them, have 2x as many more! Haha have fun!'

... wait can I just stick someone on top of the target point?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Original OG1 was kinda bad for variety's sake because it was basically 90% variations of Gespents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Wait so I'm actually supposed to spend money on these things?

Edit: I keep waiting for them to roll out my actual mechs.

• Locked thread