Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/875039901393330177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Quick what are the politics of the shooter and victims? I need to know if this is an Important shooting or a Normal Everyday shooting.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It is a little upsetting that a shooting where nobody was seriously injured is looking to blow up harder then the portland stabbings or orlando shooting or insert a dozen other acts of violence.

But I don't want the country to get to the point where political based murders are commonplace.

I mean, it's unfair but one of the victims here is a US Congressperson. That's always going to get more press than Joe and Jane Citizen.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

From reading a local news report on it, it sounds like it is probably a workplace shooting, which is just an accepted form violence in America now
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Police-swarm-UPS-building-in-SF-on-report-of-11219519.php

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Quorum posted:

What are the "centrist Dems" going to vote for now that they weren't before

yes this was the very, very obvious point I was making

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Nonsense posted:

This is the first non-false flag shooting in years according to Paul Joseph Watson.

Imagine my shock!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Really though, I'm just surprised that a Bernie supporter found a use for a rifle outside of ripping bong hits out of its barrel.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Night10194 posted:

When I was volunteering with the Clinton campaign during the GE last year, all they did was call me in and say 'So what hours can you phone bank/knock on doors for us'.

They don't exactly do background checks.

When I was a door-knocker they paired me with someone who had a very obvious and untreated mental illness. They just want people who will do the work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Was this guy a Vietnam vet?

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

A friend of mine lives nearby and heard the shots. He posted a Tupac quote. A republican got mad then someone else posted a Che quote. Someone else said good job police. That's about it on my feed.

I have some left-wing women talking about how they don't have the "emotional energy" to bother with it, because they are too busy worrying about the health care bill, with some gifs of people shrugging.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It shouldn't be that surprising that when the US is in the middle of essentially a long, sustained national nervous breakdown and has a shitload of guns, there's occasional outbreaks of gun violence.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I see they already have a photo of the suspect. Apparently none of it's co-workers said the bridge was acting odd or suspicious at all leading up to this.

:(

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

dr_rat posted:

I see they already have a photo of the suspect. Apparently none of it's co-workers said the bridge was acting odd or suspicious at all leading up to this.

I've read it leans left though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Arrgytehpirate posted:

From the NYT profile

Why Do Crazy People Capitalize Every Word?

I mean, he's not wrong. :shrug:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

dr_rat posted:

But it had been forced to take a leave of absence from work. It was suspended.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

I mean, it's unfair but one of the victims here is a US Congressperson. That's always going to get more press than Joe and Jane Citizen.

I'm the non-serious gunshot wound in the hip of a 50+ year old man.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

So are there people in this thread that are angry that Nancy Pelosi isn't cheering on the guy who shot a bunch of congressmen? Like are you guys serious or just trolling?

I'm annoyed that she sounds more outraged about violence meted out against republican congressmen than about violence against minority groups like happened at DAPL or in Ferguson. Calls for national unity feel a bit hollow when they seem to be mostly focused on unity with the right.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LaserShark posted:

I wonder what made it draw

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

LaserShark posted:

Work was all it had to hold it up tho

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/RealJeremyNolt/status/875005950805118978

Republicans are persecuted in this country!

https://twitter.com/matthewhayden/status/875007590798737408

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

empty whippet box posted:

I wonder what made it draw

It was at the end of its rope.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Agnosticnixie posted:

I'm annoyed that she sounds more outraged about violence meted out against republican congressmen than about violence against minority groups like happened at DAPL or in Ferguson. Calls for national unity feel a bit hollow when they seem to be mostly focused on unity with the right.

I mean her literal co-worker was shot, I would imagine that probably sucks a lot more than being angry about violence against minority groups that she isn't part of in a different part of the country. Not that she can't care about those other groups, but one of these hits a bit closer to home than the other.

But Republicans are evil and all deserve death and this country is doomed and is in a downward spiral and in 10 years the Reichstag Fire will something something healthcare

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

"This guy shot up congressmen because of their politics" - Something 'libs' are going to try to weasel out of?

It's usually conservatives who are trying to establish things like this are unrelated. This feels like hella projecting.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Faustian Bargain posted:

"This guy shot up congressmen because of their politics" - Something 'libs' are going to try to weasel out of?

It's usually conservatives who are trying to establish things like this are unrelated. This feels like hella projecting.

They're just thrilled it isn't one of theirs for a change.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Yeah. All the "less than nice" left-wingers in this thread are saying "A pity he didn't die", not "False flag! The shooter is probably a Republican!"

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Probably the biggest effect of the shooting will be a greater amount of self-censorship among Democrats and liberal/left voices and more deference from "non-partisan" journalists. Hopefully that won't last too long.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Faustian Bargain posted:

It seems like a stupid line of dialogue because of the massive number of violent conservatives who've done this kind of poo poo but have we considered that conservatives don't actually care about any of that.?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What? We already have the playbook for a white shooter. He's a lone wolf with mental issues

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Faustian Bargain posted:

this is absolutely projection

it's also some mealy mouthed bullshit because generally angry conservatives are the ones talking about watering the tree of liberty and using the second amendment to fight the government. you think they'd at least respect this guy's initiative if not his politics but it turns out shooting at government leaders is actually a bad thing, say the oathkeepers and three percenter militia types

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yeah. All the "less than nice" left-wingers in this thread are saying "A pity he didn't die", not "False flag! The shooter is probably a Republican!"

it probably would have been better if the white supremacist lawmaker was more seriously injured, yes. i at least would have felt some karmic satsifaction about bad things happening to bad people

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What? We already have the playbook for a white shooter. He's a lone wolf with mental issues

Only if he's a Republican.

Clearly this is the first of Bernie's secret assassination attempts on his rivals.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is it that hard to create a facebook page and load it up with bullshit like that? Not crying "false flag" just wondering how hard it would be for idiots after the fact to whip one up to confirm the mob

I distinctly remember /pol/ creating a fake facebook page for Trayvon within an hour of the shooting finally getting air time.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 14, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Probably the biggest effect of the shooting will be a greater amount of self-censorship among Democrats and liberal/left voices and more deference from "non-partisan" journalists. Hopefully that won't last too long.

They won't say 'gently caress' anymore.

Also these attacks on Dems are pathetic :laffo:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/874995627142385665

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
just use the GOP's favorite tactic of Whataboutism against them, whenever you see someone talk about this, bring up Gabrielle Giffords and ask if they were this furious towards an even more deadly incident.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Flip Yr Wig posted:

This is America. It's five hours later an we've already had another spree shooting with a higher body count. Republicans will be divided by both caring about their friend who might die and defending the shooter's absolute right to buy a rifle and walk out into a ballfield with it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

That is absolute horseshit and you know it. The GOP were saying the exact same things in 2009 when Gabby Giffords got shot as the Dems are now.
And what was the result of all those flowery words and poem writing? Jack poo poo or jack loving poo poo? Keep in mind jack poo poo has left town.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

Nonsense posted:

They won't say 'gently caress' anymore.

Also these attacks on Dems are pathetic :laffo:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/874995627142385665

"Yes, yes, now let me ask you about that sitting governor calling for the blood of tyrants and patriots."

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Trump is going to ban the Democratic Party for inciting violence

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Boy this is about to be a day, huh?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/KilloughCNN/status/875043075311194112

Congressman wanna be all Charles Bronson now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

boner confessor posted:

it's also some mealy mouthed bullshit because generally angry conservatives are the ones talking about watering the tree of liberty and using the second amendment to fight the government. you think they'd at least respect this guy's initiative if not his politics but it turns out shooting at government leaders is actually a bad thing, say the oathkeepers and three percenter militia types
For all the poo poo freep posts about keeping your powder dry and being ready for cw2, they sure were quick to false flag those Vegas shooters who were literally draping Glasden flags on victims. They are all talk.

• Locked thread