Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A believable part of that STDH - Kids love hearing the Frozen songs in different languages. My year 4, 5, and 6 classes last year loved it when I showed them the youtube clip of Let It Go in 30 odd languages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
An example of an actual politically-cautious or 'woke' child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqB-EMqpsUA

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

FYI woke kids are p much always parroting things they've heard adults say, so even if it did happen, it didn't happen.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Now I want to get a parrot so I can teach it to be woke :3:

"Rawwwwk, Polly wants a cracker... to admit they have white privilege. " *headbobs

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Seanan McGuire is a mediocre writer with previous form for posting bullshit on the internet in a 'pay attention to me' way.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Not into all the turn-the-other-cheek stuff, then?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Amos 5:18 :shrug:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

Not into all the turn-the-other-cheek stuff, then?

I find it odd that Jesus was such a big fan of spanking.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Where are all these adorable singing grandmas coming from? :psyduck:

Moana and many other Disney movies, I'd imagine.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Bertrand Hustle posted:

FYI woke kids are p much always parroting things they've heard adults say, so even if it did happen, it didn't happen.

Absolutely. My son asked me why I don't like Donald Trump and what he got out of it was just "he doesnt like people with different colored screen". Now if I'm reading the news or whatever and he sees a picture of DJT, he makes sure to tell me that again.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Borrowed from IoSM.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah gently caress those gay javascript dudes.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

How do I put this...i have a boyfriend

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
the first time i read that i thought that the person texting dudebro there was Monica and was badgering him for chasing after her girlfriend.

I was very confused.

if you're gunna make up a dumb textchain, at least make it obvious who's who

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
How do I put this... im gay

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

System Metternich posted:

So bills and coins from like 1844 or something are still legal tender (disregarding the fact that they'd be worth way more than their nominal value by now)? That's kind of cool.

I had a teacher who would brag about taking Civil War-era money into fast food places and baffling the poor wage slaves. He would insist that they take it because it was technically legal tender.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

bean_shadow posted:

I had a teacher who would brag about taking Civil War-era money into fast food places and baffling the poor wage slaves. He would insist that they take it because it was technically legal tender.

If he wasn't just making it up (like i'm sure he was), he was probably giving out reproductions. Not all civil war money is worth a lot but you'd have to be an idiot to just give them away because even the worst/most common ones probably are worth more than face value.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

bean_shadow posted:

Ah, STDH where there person telling it is essentially telling everyone around him that not only is he a sad little rear end in a top hat, he's stupid too. If it did happen (it didn't) odds are the employees would put a modern dollar of their own in the till instead of the of the civil war dollar.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Slime posted:

Ah, STDH where there person telling it is essentially telling everyone around him that not only is he a sad little rear end in a top hat, he's stupid too. If it did happen (it didn't) odds are the employees would put a modern dollar of their own in the till instead of the of the civil war dollar.

He also went into a rant one time about his ex-wife aborting their son.

Somehow he was the most popular teacher at our school. I could never fathom why. There were few of us that saw him for the rear end in a top hat he was but most everyone else ate his stories up and fawned over him. I took his Philosophy class because I wanted to see for myself this great teacher people kept crowing about. It was mostly a circle jerk about how great George W. Bush was (2000-2001 school year).

All of his FB friends are former students. He doesn't have any friends his own age. That probably says something as well.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:redflag:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bean_shadow posted:

He also went into a rant one time about his ex-wife aborting their son.

Somehow he was the most popular teacher at our school. I could never fathom why. There were few of us that saw him for the rear end in a top hat he was but most everyone else ate his stories up and fawned over him. I took his Philosophy class because I wanted to see for myself this great teacher people kept crowing about. It was mostly a circle jerk about how great George W. Bush was (2000-2001 school year).

All of his FB friends are former students. He doesn't have any friends his own age. That probably says something as well.

One of the popular teachers at my school was the psychology teacher. He actually had a doctorate in the subject and has at least one published book with his name on it, and he was funny so he attracted a lot of people. But he was also a gigantic rear end in a top hat whose sense of humor was mostly mocking his students or his ex-wife (his son's mother, when his son was in the class) in front of everyone else. If you didn't do well, he was merciless instead of trying to help.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Zelder posted:

How do I put this...i have a boyfriend

Boyfriend gay, how put?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If he wasn't just making it up (like i'm sure he was), he was probably giving out reproductions. Not all civil war money is worth a lot but you'd have to be an idiot to just give them away because even the worst/most common ones probably are worth more than face value.

Woz used to buy the full uncut sheets of $2 bills from the mint, fold them up and perforate them so he'd have a big pad he tore bills off to pay with.

Just for shits and giggles.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

(I’m in my free period. I’m leaving the bathroom, and I walk right past one of my fellow teachers’ biology classroom, and I stop when I hear this exchange.)

Student: “I’m sorry, but [Teacher], you’re wrong.”

Teacher: “How so?”

Student: “Read the book of Genesis! Everything you are saying is wrong! Nowhere does it mention evolution in the bible!”

Teacher: “Do you have a bible handy?”

Student: “Like any good Christian.”

Teacher: “May I see it please?” *she is silent for a few moments* “Fascinating; right here in chapter one, verses twenty-nine and thirty, it says, ‘Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food;” and it was so.’ So, class? Who remembers what the word ‘carnivore’ means?”

Student #2:
“They eat meat!”

Teacher: “Very good, and yet here in [Student]’s bible, it says that God designed every animal, bird, et cetera, to eat plants. And yet we know for a fact that some animals are carnivores and have been for thousands of years. Why do you suppose this happened? [Student], can you answer?”

Student: “Well, they obviously evolved to eat meat!”

Teacher: “Very good, [Student]. You’ve JUST used the bible to prove that the theory of evolution is actually true.”

Student: “But evolution is false!”

Student #2: “You JUST said animals evolved from vegetarians!”

Student #3: “I heard you clear as day!”

Student: “I didn’t say they evolved!”

Student #4: “I heard you plain as day!”

(Every student starts speaking up, and we are calmed down by the teacher eventually. How she managed to keep a straight face through this exchange, I have no idea.)
:rolleyes:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

No Verizon 4:33.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Love how in the last paragraph the narrator loses track of who he's supposed to be, suddenly becoming a student in the class.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Anyone who's debated a creationist knows they're a touch more stubborn than that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fathis Munk posted:

Love how in the last paragraph the narrator loses track of who he's supposed to be, suddenly becoming a student in the class.

Evolution in action :smug:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

RagnarokAngel posted:

Anyone who's debated a creationist knows they're a touch more stubborn than that.

They quietly nod while imagining you burning in hell for eternity.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

"Plain as day! Plain as day!"

The end of that sounds like the start to a song in a musical.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Verisimilidude posted:

"Plain as day! Plain as day!"

The end of that sounds like the start to a song in a musical.

All the kids start doing the Step-In-Time dance from Mary Poppins around the creationist student

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pre-emptive apology for this being a multi-part Twitter rant:

https://twitter.com/mstharrington/status/875767578899210242

TL;DR for those who don't want to click: Self-congratulatory thread wherein a totally woke white chick goes off on a "clearly annoyed white woman" who wants to argue about getting a refund on a pair of shoes, gets thanked by the cashiers.

Includes, among many others, this gem:

https://twitter.com/mstharrington/status/875771648665845760

And a bunch of people fawning over her for being a hero.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Posted in the_donald apparently

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Hello father

Hello son

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon....

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Hello father

Hello son

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogan King posted:

Posted in the_donald apparently

Good.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Sounds like every movie where the cool suave main character meets with foreign dignitaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Somehow the manager and coworker also understand enough mandarin to realise the situation is hysterical.