Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Force Jaguar 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
They should become the Tata manufacturer team.

Ron levels of synergy.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Just call it Brabham and be done with it. They already had a partially pink (more like magenta) car anyway.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i change my headlights so fuckin often

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Force India was always an awful name.

"Jordan" is the only correct name.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Brainwrong posted:

Force India was always an awful name.

"Jordan" is the only correct name.

Bring back 7up and Tic Tacs

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah, Minute Maid. Just say the car is strawberry lemonade flavored and call it a day.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Force Pepto Bismol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wrong threddo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Shake'n'Bake F1 Team.

Just put the car in the bag with the pay drivers, give it a good shake and put on track for approximately 250 to 300 kms or 2 hours whatever happens first.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Shake'n'Bake F1 Team.

Just put the car in the bag with the pay drivers, give it a good shake and put on track for approximately 250 to 300 kms or 2 hours whatever happens first.

Put a bag over lance strolls head forever

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
renaming force india is net positive for basically everyone except for checo who would no longer be racing for his nationally named team

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm just gonna paste this here.

quote:

McLaren F1 CEO Zak Brown says that his team "can't keep doing this" after Fernando Alonso's late power unit failure in Canada robbed the team of its first top 10 finish of the year.

Alonso had run strongly in the first part of the race, before making a late pitstop.

He looked destined for 10th place until he was forced to stop at the hairpin, where he subsequently paid an impromptu visit to the grandstands.

The Spaniard also now looks set to take grid penalties for the next race in Baku, as any change of turbo or MGU-H from now on is beyond the allocation of four. Jenson Button took the first raft of penalties for his car in Monaco.

The late Montreal retirement was yet another blow to McLaren's increasingly shaky relationship with its engine partner.

"Fernando did a world champion job again, and the engine let him down again," Brown told Motorsport.com.

"It's a bit of the same old story, which is something that needs to get fixed one way or another. Because we can't keep doing this.

"I think he was clearly going to get our first – not even points – but point. It was good to see Stoffel make it to the finish. But I'm just speechless.

"You feel like you're finally going to get your first point of the year, and a couple of laps from the end, it goes. Just really poor power, and really poor reliability."

Brown agreed that heading to the next race in Baku already knowing that Alonso will be penalised was a frustrating prospect.

"It's pretty depressing for all of us. Starting at the back before you even get the weekend started, is not how we can go racing.

"All we can keep doing is pushing for developments. Nothing changes today – it just increases the frustration. But as we've said, we've got to get our act together, and it's one more race that we didn't."

Asked if the McLaren management's recent criticism of Honda was intended to send a message to the Japanese manufacturer's board he said: "I think it was important that we spoke up this weekend, it was really the first time that McLaren brought forward their views.

"I don't want to repeat ourselves, and I don't think this changes anything, it just reinforces our position.

"I think they know something needs to be done. They are frustrated, they are upset. I think today 400 million people saw what happened, so I don't think we need to communicate already further than we already have.

"I don't know what the [Honda] board thinks, but I think everyone thinks the same thing, just work hard to try and fix it. But right now, it's not fixed."

Brown continues to suggest that the summer break is the deadline for a decision on 2018 plans: "There or thereabouts. We'll see where we are then."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

How many more races will it be he does the formation lap, then goes and parks it and sits in the stands the rest of the race?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Wirth1000 posted:

Are Zak

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He's so much better than Ron was.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zak seems to care about racing instead of all his sprinklers turning on at the exact same millisecond. So that helps

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Zak seems to care about racing instead of all his sprinklers turning on at the exact same millisecond. So that helps

Unlike that fraud Ron who was nothing more than a poo poo mechanic for a guy who died during Australia's only reason of relevancy beyond the Grand Prix -- Zak has actually raced/races.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

iospace posted:

How many more races will it be he does the formation lap, then goes and parks it and sits in the stands the rest of the race?

Good idea, start and park gets you that sponsorship money without wasting your time.

Will he even bother attempting qualifying? It'd be nice to see him go out and rolling roadblock hamilton.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wirth1000 posted:

Unlike that fraud Ron who was nothing more than a poo poo mechanic for a guy who died during Australia's only reason of relevancy beyond the Grand Prix -- Zak has actually raced/races.

He's got a car in LMP2 at LeMans in fact, although with the "wrong" chassis. (#32)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Ron was good. :colbert:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ron's autism neatly put all the foundational blocks precisely in place in descending order of size but now it's time for the rain man to step aside and tom cruises Zak brown to take over.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

rip mchonda

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10914414/f1-report-mclaren-decision-to-divorce-honda-has-been-taken

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

poo poo gunna get real

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lol that decision was made a while ago.

McLaren-Rolls Royce hold on to your butts

From plane turbine engines to F1 engines

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
So if Honda knows this too now, why would they put any effort in trying to improve their engine now?

And yeah I know, how much worse can it get, but still.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Presumably they are going to remain in the sport. But if the announcement is coming they are already looking to 2018.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

Presumably they are going to remain in the sport. But if the announcement is coming they are already looking to 2018.

Who, Honda? They signed a deal with Sauber months ago.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just lol if Sauber's gamble to become the Honda works team actually pays off.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is an insanely bad take, if McLaren decided to move on they wouldn't give a gently caress about Honda.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Who, Honda? They signed a deal with Sauber months ago.

This can change, and fast.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Just lol if Sauber's gamble to become the Honda works team actually pays off.

It may. I've been of the impression they should have supplied a smaller team from the start.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

There's no need to interpret what McLaren is saying. It's extremely clear: fix your poo poo or we're moving on. They wouldn't be saying that if they had already made a choice.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm getting a little exhausted with McLaren-Honda chat to be honest. It's a fitting end to the Ron Dennis era - 24 years of bad decisions bit him in the rear end.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Got something you want to talk about?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Let's talk about Sauber...................Honda.

Must have been one hell of a deal Sauber got by agreeing to a bunch of hack clowns. Plus, a Japanese driver to replace Marcus Ericsson.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Let's speculate where Alonso will go :speculate:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Indycar

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
He'll start his own team AlonsoGP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It would be difficult to overhaul a works team with a customer engine but perhaps McLaren could do it. They certainly have the resources. I'm not sure if it's enough to retain Alonso.

• Locked thread