Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Has anyone looked to see if there are any tweets or points made by these people saying a person with a kife can kill just as easily. For example if this guy had a knife and walked up to a baseball field full of adults with at least 5-10 baseball bats on hand certainly they'd all huddle into the dugouts hoping at best they could have an open casket funeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No one died and the shooter was white as the driven snow.

All that will happen is that the conservative persecution machine will go into overdrive for a bit but it's already at 100% most days of the week anyway so who can really tell the difference?

Except some more "truth is in the middle" regarding political extremism for a while though.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pellisworth posted:

Trump is going to ban the Democratic Party for inciting violence

he'll threaten to, promsing action in two weeks, then the next day get photographed coming out of a bathroom with a visible piss stain on his pants

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

Nonsense posted:

They won't say 'gently caress' anymore.

Also these attacks on Dems are pathetic :laffo:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/874995627142385665

I thought it was Trump who mentioned 2ndamenendmentsolutions

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The issue being that the Republican base is so loathsome they can't really use this for good will too long because they have already started up with the "OMG SEE THIS IS WHY WE THREATEN TO SHOOT LIBERALSSS!!!!!" stuff. It's going to be super hard to pretend you are the persecuted sheep when your super fans are screaming about blood for blood and bragging about how heavily armed and willing to kill they are.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No one died and the shooter was white as the driven snow.

All that will happen is that the conservative persecution machine will go into overdrive for a bit but it's already at 100% most days of the week anyway so who can really tell the difference?

Yeah I think this is going to be most of the result and some DC pundits will wring their hands about "hmm when people say resist do they really mean assassinate congressmen??" and people that aren't already attuned to that won't really care.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 14, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The appropriate response would be to immediately submit a gun control bill entitled " Thoughts and Prayers"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

To balance out the rest of twitter today.

https://twitter.com/SABlister/status/873626499332665344

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Madkal posted:

I thought it was Trump who mentioned 2ndamenendmentsolutions

They pretty much all have and that is going to be the response to any of this "even the word resistance is violent" bullshit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Dems should use this as an opportunity to push for gun legislation just to see what happens.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

From reading a local news report on it, it sounds like it is probably a workplace shooting, which is just an accepted form violence in America now
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Police-swarm-UPS-building-in-SF-on-report-of-11219519.php

Even going postal has been privatized in 2017

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

4 days ago is an eternity now, actually.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dems should use this as an opportunity to push for gun legislation just to see what happens.

"We got mass shooting'd and we still weren't big enough pussies to try to take guns away, unlike the left!"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Non-Republicans will be barred from owning firearms and all registered Republicans will be required to carry at all times openly.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So any else interesting happen today other than the pewpews and LeJackal maybe getting another gun boner probat?

Want to know if i should at least skim every other page.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

I'm imagining them playing baseball just strapped with loaded firearms. Can't see any downside.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Democrats want to actually win in 2018 though

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

sure would be something to see the gop vote against a bill crafted to protect people from gun violence, motivated by a gop member becoming a victim of gun violence

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ReidRansom posted:

Non-Republicans will be barred from owning firearms and all registered Republicans will be required to carry at all times openly.

So Liberal Crime Squad is a documentary from the future!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
Dang the Spencer testimony seems sooooooo long ago now.

Instead I have to be arguing with idiots on Facebook about how they claim "false flag" whenever a rightwing idiot kills a bunch of people and how they claim "all liberals are violent people because of Shakespearean plays" when it isn't a rightwing nutjob.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Although I think putting up another gun ban would probably not be wise politically it would be hilarious if they did and named it after Scalise.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus poo poo: Why is gun legislation/control that much of an loving issue in the USA? If you tell me "It's a multi-billion dollar industry", bull-loving-poo poo. Thousands of people dead every year because of a 'multi-billion dollar industry' looks sketchy as gently caress no matter which way you slice it. That's almost 7000 people dead this year alone because of gun-related violence, and we're still not technically half-way through the year.

For real.

e: some grammar.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 14, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

So any else interesting happen today other than the pewpews and LeJackal maybe getting another gun boner probat?

Want to know if i should at least skim every other page.

skim for the puns, those have been ok

the discourse, notsomuch

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I also missed Satan page. gently caress, well maybe something good will happen on lucky 777.

edit for Less whitenoise.

Again as a face internet tough manz, the Dems need to just put on a brave face and be willing to die.

Hold relatively open town halls while regressives don't because their feefees might get hurt.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 14, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wark Say posted:

Jesus poo poo: Why is gun legislation/control that much of an loving issue in the USA? If you tell me "It's a multi-billion dollar industry", bull-loving-poo poo. Thousands of people dead every year because of a 'multi-billion dollar industry' looks sketchy as gently caress no matter which way you slice it. That's almost 7000 people dead this year alone because of gun-related violence, and we're still not technically half-way through the year.

For real.

lol this is wayyyy undercounting gun deaths - it doesn't include suicides, which are higher than homicides and accidental/institutional shootings combined

the us has a goofy number of gun ownership protections baked into law, and it would take decades to reduce the number of firearms currently in circulation

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Wark Say posted:

For real.

Please don't start this discussion.

It just gets threads gassed, because there can be no rational discussion of gun politics in the US by any side's standard.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

This poo poo isn't going to change anybody's mind on Trump/GOP.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

Even going postal has been privatized in 2017

All you need to know about the American Working Class is often a worker will lose their poo poo and murder a bunch of co-workers, and this premise isn't considered far-fetched, nor is it treated as shocking when it occurs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Wark Say posted:

For real.

It's a useful political wedge issue for Republicans.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

hanales posted:

I've read it leans left though.

And is red, like a commie!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

skylined! posted:

sure would be something to see the gop vote against a bill crafted to protect people from gun violence, motivated by a gop member becoming a victim of gun violence

If any of you saw David Cross's comedy tour last year, you'd know that gun lobbyists were on the phone with Republican congresspeople within seconds telling them to not let any gun control laws through.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Chilichimp posted:

All you need to know about the American Working Class is often a worker will lose their poo poo and murder a bunch of co-workers, and this premise isn't considered far-fetched, nor is it treated as shocking when it occurs.

It's so 90s who cares

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Crackbone posted:

This poo poo isn't going to change anybody's mind on Trump/GOP.

Correct.

Anyone who thinks this will cause any measurable shift in any direction is joking themselves.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Wark Say posted:

For real.

multi-billion dollar industries built on the death and suffering of thousands upon thousands of people is quite literally capitalism

it's cliche at this point but the US rate of gun violence is a symptom to a larger problem

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

business hammocks posted:

Trump statement seems pretty boilerplate. I guess they found a way to keep him on script.

Put on a lot of downers.

Any pharma/med goon want to give their informal opinion on what kind of cocktail they're giving him and what dose it is?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

SKULL.GIF posted:

As a direct result of Republican policies, millions of people will die over the next two decades. The Republicans are fully cognizant of this. They are a menace to the people.

Trabisnikof posted:

Murdering for a paycheck: sane
Murdering the powerful who are trying to destroy the world and your life: insane

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Wark Say posted:

For real.

We're a sketchy as gently caress country, I guess.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

skylined! posted:

multi-billion dollar industries built on the death and suffering of thousands upon thousands of people is quite literally capitalism

it's cliche at this point but the US rate of gun violence is a symptom to a larger problem

White settler colonial culture also romanticizes the imagery of armed to the teeth whites fending off dusky hordes from their property.

There's a reason why gun ownership and "advocacy" is almost an entirely whites only phenomenon.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Lemming posted:

It's a useful political wedge issue for Republicans.

Basically its because we all want bigger dicks.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

reminder the pepes are pussies

https://twitter.com/RBraceySherman/status/875023845173972992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

skylined! posted:

"I literally got shot and I still think the 2nd Amendment should be preserved because I'm manly and brave" -Scalise's immediate and obvious response.

• Locked thread