Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

sweet

https://twitter.com/Hazukari/status/873961402087727104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sweet, I love yugioh

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh poo poo, is that an anime announcement?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope so

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

It would be a much better Astro Boy anime that the one airing this season, that's for sure.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if pluto finally got an anime but it wasn't any good i think i'd cry

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thank you God

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GorfZaplen posted:

Thank you God

What is this and how will it save anime?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

it'll have a cute first cour full of extended gags and a second cour that leaps strongly from that establishment and everyone will hate it after the fifth episode because humanity deserves nothing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

What is this and how will it save anime?

It's a critically-acclaimed take by Naoki Urasawa (the guy who did Monster) on a famous story arc from Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy. By all accounts, super cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also notable because there hasn't been an adaptation of an Urasawa manga in like a decade,

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmApa2dBDPo

the director will be Taichi Ishidate. (worked on Beyond the Boundary Movie: I’ll Be There before)

Reiko Yoshida (Koe no Katachi) will be working on the series composition.

Akiko Takase is designing the characters.

Yui Ishikawa is voicing the main heroine (Shingeki no Kyojin's Mikasa voice) The opening theme will be by TRUE.

january 2018

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pluto details: 8 long eps, 1 for each volume, urasawa is supervising, maruyama (who was also involved with monster and keaton) is producing, mappa is the studio, 2020 release date, so pretty far off

oh and the new patlabor is a tie in with the american movie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a new Patlabor? There's an American movie ???

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a new Patlabor? There's an American movie ???

yeah iirc the animator expo short was kind of like a proof of concept for a new series

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I liked the short but for some reason they switched everyone's gender around and it was confusing. Where is Izumi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

pluto details: 8 long eps, 1 for each volume, urasawa is supervising, maruyama (who was also involved with monster and keaton) is producing, mappa is the studio, 2020 release date, so pretty far off

uh, that sounds ideal? i thought we were in the worst timeline.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wonder if it'll be a TV anime or an OVA series.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I wonder if it'll be a TV anime or an OVA series.

OVA/ONA, I would assume. Airing it on TV would be a bit difficult considering timeslot requirements - they did say the episodes would be extra-long.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't they bend over backwards for UBW's first two episodes and Re-Zero for several episodes being extra-long? You'd think that a production whose original creators involve Osamu "Manga's Big Daddy" Tezuka and Naoki Urasawa, they'd get a bit more leeway into getting a good spot.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

This is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

Didn't they bend over backwards for UBW's first two episodes and Re-Zero for several episodes being extra-long? You'd think that a production whose original creators involve Osamu "Manga's Big Daddy" Tezuka and Naoki Urasawa, they'd get a bit more leeway into getting a good spot.

the final episode of the anime adaptation of blood blockade battlefront was double length and it took so long for them to get a timeslot for the episode after the long production that it didn't broadcast until the next year

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Pretty sure there's a difference between "please give us a few more minutes these couple of times" and "the show is going to need to be longer every single week."

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also both the shows wark listed were late-night, so the extra slot time was paid for by the production company just like the others. assuming 8 double-length episodes, that's already more than a single cour.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

also both the shows wark listed were late-night, so the extra slot time was paid for by the production company just like the others. assuming 8 double-length episodes, that's already more than a single cour.
Ah, gotcha.

AnoHito posted:

Pretty sure there's a difference between "please give us a few more minutes these couple of times" and "the show is going to need to be longer every single week."
What did they do with Katanagatari (when it originally aired, because if I don't misremember, the re-airing chowed down on the noitaminA block)?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Ah, gotcha.

What did they do with Katanagatari (when it originally aired, because if I don't misremember, the re-airing chowed down on the noitaminA block)?

You mean the show whose gimmick was airing once a month? I think that counts as a bit of a special circumstance.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Wark Say posted:

Originally it only aired one episode a month, AFAIK, so it probably had a special 1h block.

Edit: This avatar is creeping me out. :(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

darkgray posted:

Originally it only aired one episode a month, AFAIK, so it probably had a special 1h block.

Edit: This avatar is creeping me out. :(

:rip: butt

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnoHito posted:

You mean the show whose gimmick was airing once a month? I think that counts as a bit of a special circumstance.
Man, it's been 6 years and a half since the last episode came out. :corsair:

I legit forgot its gimmick. Even the novels were published once a month during '07. I still like Yoshimasa Hosoya's portrayal of Shichika a bunch. He has a really natural type of voice which sometimes is super hard to find.

I'm guessing that's what they were aiming at with the non-VA actors they picked to voice Satoru from Erased, despite the fact that Hosoya woulda probably crushed it just like he did in Katanagatari.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Some good-rear end news: crunchyroll got the first season of The Eccentric Family back

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

how about we just have one kyoani anime that ends with a confirmed romance, but if any other kyoani anime ends with confirmed romance kyoani gets executed.

agreed, i want him to kiss irisu.

:yeah:

There is not much of a Irisu/Oreki presence on pixiv :(

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I can't remember what Violet Evergreen was meant to be about but that art looked nice

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The intimidating lap pillow is a powerful one.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what the gently caress is wrong with your avatar

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

I think Chitanda and Ibara should kisss,
Yeah, that'll learn that jerkface Fukube!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

I can't remember what Violet Evergreen was meant to be about but that art looked nice
iunno either but apparently it'll have a good amount of action

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

iunno either but apparently it'll have a good amount of action

uh oh

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

granblue anime delivers for the final ep of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do I need to know anything about the game to enjoy it? I do like me some cute demon girls. :blush:

• Locked thread