Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I would've like the last half season to be about the coup, i thought that storyline ended too rapidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Can't wait until this show is over so I can stop reading about Battlestar Galactica.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Can't wait until this show is over so I can stop reading about Battlestar Galactica.

New thread title!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Someone on these forums once described Spartacus as what would happen if you let Romans make a TV show. It's loving amazing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Krazyface posted:

Someone on these forums once described Spartacus as what would happen if you let Romans make a TV show. It's loving amazing.

Wouldn't Crassus be the protagonist instead of Spartacus in that case?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lycus posted:

Wouldn't Crassus be the protagonist instead of Spartacus in that case?

He kinda was once they introduced him. I was holding out hope for a spin off show about Crassus/Ceasar/Pompey. I guess following up Spartacus with Rome sort of works, but it's just not the same.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

New thread title!

Battlestark Galactica

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Bobby Digital posted:

Battlestark Galactica

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Bobby Digital posted:

Battlestark Galactica

Battlestark Galannister

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Unkempt posted:

Battlestark Galannister

Boltonstark Galannister

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
This show is bad now but late Battlestar Galactica is worse. I guess let's see how bad seasons 7 and 8 are?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's bad rear end.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Omnomnomnivore posted:

If you want to be really mad about BSG, watch "The Plan", which shows the whole show from the Cylon's perspective, and confirms that they in fact had no plan.

Funny that this comes up now. http://nerdist.com/battlestar-galactica-ronald-d-moore-cylons/ RDM outright confirmed that days ago

quote:

Last weekend at the ATX Television Festival, the gang got back together to look back on the series and its legacy on genre television. There, Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama), Mary McDonnell (President Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck), James Callis (Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Grace Park (Boomer/Number Eight), Michael Trucco (Sam Anders) were joined by executive producer Ronald D. Moore, who revealed that the Cylons never had a plan at all! Nope, according to The L.A. Times‘ account of the panel, those iconic words were dreamed up by co-executive producer David Eick, who thought they “sounded cool.” Moore added that he thought they would figure it out by the end of the series, but, as we know, they didn’t.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Some promotional images just released:
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/got/gallery7/gallery.htm

That's, uhh...an interesting outfit Sansa is wearing.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

DrBouvenstein posted:

The necklace/chain is very similar to her Dark Sansa outfit, so not really that surprising.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Isnt that pretty close to the Umbers sigil. Lol looks like Sansas getting married again!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

Isnt that pretty close to the Umbers sigil. Lol looks like Sansas getting married again!
The new Umber lord is probably a kid, so she'd really be taking after Margaery.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Omnomnomnivore posted:

The first like 2.5 seasons of BSG are good, then they ran out of ideas. It basically ended up being 4 seasons of the "that planet was earth, don't date robots" clip from Futurama.

Battlestar Galactica ended when Adama miscalculated the atmospheric FTL jump and rammed the Galactica into the surface of New Caprica at relativistic speed, cracking the planet in half and eradicating humanity once and for all. It was a pretty good series finale.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Sagebrush posted:

Battlestar Galactica ended when Adama miscalculated the atmospheric FTL jump and rammed the Galactica into the surface of New Caprica at relativistic speed, cracking the planet in half and eradicating humanity once and for all. It was a pretty good series finale.

I would have even forgiven all the stupid garbage going no-where if they had just say, saved the baby, escaped with the nice cylons, and killed the main guy. Sure nothing would be resolved, but at least the series wouldn't have been stained with absolute retarded 'jesus did it' nonsense, and an offensively regressive and dangerous message.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
gently caress that, bsg said from the get go it was about angels and everyone refused to accept it for 4 seasons only to find out it was indeed about angels. It's the opposite of stuff like Westworld where people figured out the Secrets right away, because there was no secret

Also I'm pretty sure I'm going to get really mad at Dany for the next season or two, especially if those spoilers are right. I also hope the dothrakis horses starve to death since they're completely pointless

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh boy, I'm just so tired of all these throne games.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

I just started The Americans, it's not as good as GOT seasons 1 and 2 but better than any GOT after

Also confusing on who to root for

e: I stopped BSG after I couldn't get into season 2. Same thing with The Wire.

you root for the commie spies and their family, and boo their employers and the FBI although the latter is probably unintentional given who conceived the series.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh boy, I'm just so tired of all these throne games.

Titular line.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I couldn't get through season 2 of The Americans because i realized that I disliked literally every single character and didn't care anymore.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 15, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

They super hosed up by setting it up in the reagan era, bury the lead with the wife's ties to black power groups. The Americans needs to be set comically on the nose in like the birth of the counterculture or the height of mccarthyism, instead its about reagan era soviet spies who should seriously be eyeing defection by the time Reagan is shot.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

basic hitler posted:

They super hosed up by setting it up in the reagan era, bury the lead with the wife's ties to black power groups. The Americans needs to be set comically on the nose in like the birth of the counterculture or the height of mccarthyism, instead its about reagan era soviet spies who should seriously be eyeing defection by the time Reagan is shot.

Phil is seriously considering defecting since the 1st episode

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Actually the Americans owns and everybody should watch it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

Actually the Americans owns and everybody should watch it.

I tried I really did. But after Phil went on a Reddit esque freak out on his daughter for reading the Bible I just couldn't go on.

Claudia was the only character I liked and as far as I know she's off the show now.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

Phil is seriously considering defecting since the 1st episode

sometimes, but most of the time he is thoughtlessly being the one half of best spysassin henchman handler combo in the world

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I tried I really did. But after Phil went on a Reddit esque freak out on his daughter for reading the Bible I just couldn't go on.

Claudia was the only character I liked and as far as I know she's off the show now.

She was back a little after and is still on the show.

I liked The Americams a lot, but it does gets a little repetitive and kinda aimless after season 3

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Winter is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mlhnt0jMlg

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
That trailer is fine work

Edit: The music reminds me of Koyaanisqatsi a little

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nice trailer I guess.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
We're definitely getting Lady Stoneheart this season.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Accretionist posted:

Thats what everyone said when they first used it in episode 610!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-gbqbVd8c

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

clown shoes posted:

We're definitely getting Lady Stoneheart this season.

Lady Stoneheart and a season long adventure through the Riverlands back in Season 5 would have been infinitely better than the lovely Dorne arc. They really blew it.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Also that extra long black screen before the credits at the end of the fourth season, that seemed to be there only for book readers who were aware of and were anticipating the Storm of Swords epilogue, was a real kick in the nuts.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lady Stoneheart and a season long adventure through the Riverlands back in Season 5 would have been infinitely better than the lovely Dorne arc. They really blew it.

100% true.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

Accretionist posted:

Worth shouting out for the soundtrack on last season - the song is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkwK7xfu8yw

I'm never disappointed by the soundtrack to this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't wait for the special edition box-set of the show that excises all the Dorne scenes.

• Locked thread