Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Is it too late to send my thoughts and prayers?

Dog Tax :3:

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

The shooting that left 2 dead victims in SF should be a bigger deal than a shooting where no one died except the shooter.

It really shouldn't. Actively targeting government officials is a much bigger story than workplace violence.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'll bet he'll get plenty of support for any PTSD symptoms. Wonder what his voting record is on healthcare and mental illness.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

skylined! posted:

dunno but if the media is going to start reporting on every single instance of someone being shot/shot at today, across the country, i'm ok with that

also nothing else is going to get a second of airtime

They have never really done that with profile shootings in the past. With the way it's being put forward it looks like it's all political and were just a breath away from CW2.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Very thoughtful of Republicans to remind Democratic pols "they're next."

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Just your average day in America when a coworker asks "did you hear about the shooting today?" and you have to clarify which one they're talking about.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

I'm imagining them playing baseball just strapped with loaded firearms. Can't see any downside.

That how you get casualties, Barry?

Yeah it is, Other Barry.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Is it too late to send my thoughts and prayers?

Yes. This is America, there are shootings every day. Save your thoughts and prayers for the next one.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

One time "no really this isn't a joke" presidential candidate Lawrence Lessig with a stupid tweet

https://twitter.com/lessig/status/875011782204686337

and a pretty good handful of responses

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/875021708918308864

We are also all UPS drivers today.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Maybe you should be terrified of stripping health care of 23 million people

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

At least I'll feel better about going to Lookouts games.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sinteres posted:

It really shouldn't. Actively targeting government officials is a much bigger story than workplace violence.

Why? Lone people have been targeting politicians in this country for centuries.

Workplace violence is far more likely to impact the lives of everyday Americans. And the people it impacts will be far worse off. Victims and their families of this shooting in DC will be taken care of for life. I doubt you can say the same about the victims of the shooting in SF or their families.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Trabisnikof posted:

Workplace violence is far more likely to impact the lives of everyday Americans. And the people it impacts will be far worse off. Victims and their families of this shooting in DC will be taken care of for life. I doubt you can say the same about the victims of the shooting in SF or their families.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/746022114042478592

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MedStarWHC/status/875057648735051777

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

You're not this stupid, so stop pretending you are. One is obviously a bigger news story than the other.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Covok posted:

Man, are the Republicans winning hard today. Expect them to keep winning (and us losing) for 2-3 weeks.

That's the monkey's paw that D&D wishes upon. Wish for the sweet death of nazis and you end up with a liberal caricature inflating the left/right public debacle.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Like 5 Presidents were outright assassinated over the course of a century not too far back really. Politicians in this country have never been safer.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

American national policy makers experiencing the horror of a mass shooting is unprecedented. It will directly affect how they use their platform and how they legislate or vote.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

This doesn't tally at all with what MSNBC was saying earlier--that he was in stable condition and in good spirits.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Guys why did the media tell us so much about Kim Kardashian being robbed at gunpoint when thousands of people are robbed at gunpoint every week?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
New York Post has a video of the gunman opening fire (mainly just the endless gunshots)
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/875055158409011200

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I hope Rep Scalise makes a full recover, and returns triumphantly to congress, met with a standing ovation, where he can cast his vote in favor of the "Poor People Should Basically Die Omnibus Act of 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

That's all very true. But one of these two situations makes for more dramatic TV.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sinteres posted:

You're not this stupid, so stop pretending you are. One is obviously a bigger news story than the other.

Oh I certainly recognize reality. That's why I used should.

The idea that we brush off workplace shootings that end in multiple deaths because it is normalized is a massive red flag.

Moxie posted:

American national policy makers experiencing the horror of a mass shooting is unprecedented. It will directly affect how they use their platform and how they legislate or vote.

I wish I could believe that.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Steve Scalise is the most handsome man on television

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Alter Ego posted:

This doesn't tally at all with what MSNBC was saying earlier--that he was in stable condition and in good spirits.

People can definitely take a downward turn after injury.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/875059797716086784

Personally I'd trust the hospital over what other people are saying.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Does anyone have the info graphic that shows the time spent creating the ACA vs the AHCA and other differences?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

I wish I could believe that.

Well it probably won't affect them in a good way.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

Peven Stan posted:

White settler colonial culture also romanticizes the imagery of armed to the teeth whites fending off dusky hordes from their property.

There's a reason why gun ownership and "advocacy" is almost an entirely whites only phenomenon.

And the twisted Irony is that the first major pushes for gun control came from white republicans who feared black gun ownership. (Reagan and the Mulford Act)

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-respond-shooting-virginia-park/story?id=48027277

FWIW ABC News specifically states that "this afternoon" he was "critical"

e: oh they're probably sourcing the hospital via that tweet, but it doesn't specifically say that

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wait, are people taking this as an excuse to send death threats to Democrats? The gently caress?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Wait, are people taking this as an excuse to send death threats to Democrats? The gently caress?

They're in mourning, thoughts and prayers.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's the absolute worst position. Trump will take because he is going to take that one.

In fact I say by this time tomorrow we have a tweet decrying the violent liberal.left and fake news.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Hollismason posted:

What's the absolute worst position. Trump will take because he is going to take that one.

In fact I say by this time tomorrow we have a tweet decrying the violent liberal.left and fake news.

I'm really surprised he's made it this long. I think somebody is keeping his phone away from him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah just like any other average day.

Conservatives are bad people.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Pollyanna posted:

You think they needed an excuse?

Democrats were already dropping out of races around the country due to death threats before this.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Fox is very openly blaming "the left" for inspiring this, and talking about the need to come together as a country while continuing to otherize "the left" as refusing to do that. This is the result.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

skylined! posted:

i don't understand what this emoji is meant to communicate but it's true

i in fact just last week blasted a loving hole through my desk because i was using my gun pen to write instead of my writing pen

the boys all sure had a laugh at the range later on when i tried to use my writing pen for target practice
They all felt like really trite, :effort: posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/byrontau/status/875058229818142720