Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Red Hood is a giant goober who's somehow brattier than Supergirl and goes "uhhh!" when hit, like a bully on the playground who doesn't expect anyone to hit back.

Bring on Starfire and Booster Gold already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Space Fish posted:

Gonna switch mains to Starfire even if she totally sucks because Titans forever

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

This is correct and there is actually a post with that exact comic page somewhere deep in this thread.

I just uploaded the 2 relevant pages:

http://imgur.com/a/cKpOE

And Superman showing Starfire what's what just because:

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 14, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MrJacobs posted:

I got him to 20 already, he's pretty fun, but the inclusion of shurikens as well as a kind of fast gun trait was kind of a wonky decision since the gun hits high like the shuriken and does roughly the same damage with a faster shot. Like the john woo dodges and mine plants (though ex should make them last longer like Luthor in IJ1)

I think the shurikens are there so you can combo into them. You can't really do that with his quickshot to my knowledge, as that requires the ability button to be pressed first. But maybe I'm just lazy and people have found ways to do it faster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xeremides posted:

I just uploaded the 2 relevant pages:

This is some hella weird poo poo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/874905395374022657

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I said come in! posted:

This is some hella weird poo poo.

comicbooks.txt

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

And somewhere, Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain are in a bunker playing Go Fish.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I'm just sitting here mad I missed the Atrocitus multiverse event. I need to stop spending all my time on F13

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 14, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESIMYaXOZz8

Jason using the "Let's see how do you bleed" line against Power Girl :haw:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So, I'd not heard of Red Hood before this DLC beyond "oh he's a rogue Robin." I'm getting the impression that someone at DC thought "The Punisher, but pretending to be a hero and with daddy issues" was a good idea.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Cythereal posted:

So, I'd not heard of Red Hood before this DLC beyond "oh he's a rogue Robin." I'm getting the impression that someone at DC thought "The Punisher, but pretending to be a hero and with daddy issues" was a good idea.

yeah but also he was presumed dead for a long-rear end time and he's salty that he died because of a 900 number

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Play Arkham Knight. They do a lot of back story with him in that one I think

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Eh, whiny wannabe grimdark badass Batman protege turned bad is a niche that was boring with Robin in this game and Red Hood seems to be that with guns instead of a sword and might be even whinier. Don't need backstory for that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Jason Todd is much worse than any Robin

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cythereal posted:

Eh, whiny wannabe grimdark badass Batman protege turned bad is a niche that was boring with Robin in this game and Red Hood seems to be that with guns instead of a sword and might be even whinier. Don't need backstory for that.

He's much better on the comics

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Nah, he's pretty good now.

Having a consistent writer over the past six years made wonder for Jason's character.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Robins are like the "we're gonna need another Timmy!" of the DC universe.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cythereal posted:

If the cartoons are anything to go by, he was resurrected by one of Ra's Al Ghul's Lazarus pits, which makes you kind of insane, so yeah he's basically Yet Another Rogue Robin at this point.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think the original way Jason got rezzed was an after effect of Superboy-Prime cold-clocking reality that one time.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

yeah but also he was presumed dead for a long-rear end time and he's salty that he died because of a 900 number
Dying via democracy, the most noble of deaths.

exquisite tea posted:

Robins are like the "we're gonna need another Timmy!" of the DC universe.
They already have a Timmy.

He's chilling in Space Jail.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Funky Valentine posted:

Dying via democracy, the most noble of deaths.

Factor in that someone used a robo-dialer to ensure Jason's death and you have death by hijacked democracy.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Space Fish posted:

Red Hood is a giant goober who's somehow brattier than Supergirl and goes "uhhh!" when hit, like a bully on the playground who doesn't expect anyone to hit back.

Jason yelling loudly whenever he gets hit is v good and reminds me of this every time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2PDg4bqdo&t=50s

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Space Fish posted:

Factor in that someone used a robo-dialer to ensure Jason's death and you have death by hijacked democracy.

Alfred to speak before the Senate about possible collusion between the Batfamily and Joker.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was neutral to him until he knocked someone down and said "should I kill you? Let's take a vote."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

come to think of it, it is kind of overkill that we have two Robins in the game and they're both psychopaths. We would have been better off giving the lion's share of Jason's moveset to Deadshot, which balances him and makes him more fun, while also freeing up a space for the real best Jason: Jason Blood, aka Etrigan.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
From what I've seen of Red Hood, they should have just given his moves to Cassie Cage as a guest character.

Game needs more dick punching and testicle exploding.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Honestly Guild Multiverses have been steaming piles of poo poo 90% of the time since release, I don't know why I keep going back in to do them

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DLC Inc posted:

come to think of it, it is kind of overkill that we have two Robins in the game and they're both psychopaths. We would have been better off giving the lion's share of Jason's moveset to Deadshot, which balances him and makes him more fun, while also freeing up a space for the real best Jason: Jason Blood, aka Etrigan.

I'm holding out hope that Etrigan will get released in a DLC pack.

Has NRS said that's it on DLC characters after all the 9 get released?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cythereal posted:

From what I've seen of Red Hood, they should have just given his moves to Cassie Cage as a guest character.

Game needs more dick punching and testicle exploding.

MK characters should have X-rays instead of supers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Honestly Guild Multiverses have been steaming piles of poo poo 90% of the time since release, I don't know why I keep going back in to do them

Yea, Goon Squad still has room though! Come wallow in the steaming pile of poo poo with the best!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

McSpanky posted:

MK characters should have X-rays instead of supers.

I'm admittedly curious about Sub-Zero's Super Move, considering that both of his X-rays have involved ripping peoples' internal organs out.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I said it earlier in the thread, but it really does feel like they actively want people to stop playing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/875101418583056385

Subtle

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It's gonna be Scorpion

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ConfusedUs posted:

It's gonna be Scorpion

Noob Saibot imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Killer Frost returns

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Everyone laughed at me when I predicted the Bad Mr. Frosty DLC, but look at you fuckers now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is that Steve Blum? Has he been Sub-Zero in the past?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sub Zero comes out in July

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/875116937570689024

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan